PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking News ESPNEWS: WILLIE MCGINEST TO BROWNS 3 years/$12 mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Not good. :bricks:

They just broke into the Brees signing news conference to give the news.

10022639mg.jpg

Last edited:
I thought he would retire a Patriot. It's going to be weird seeing him in another uniform.

meanwhile the crickets chirp in foxboro

well 4 mil a year, that why he's gone. We can't pay that for him. Thanks Willie we loved you while you were here.

That sucks bad. Is that a lot of $? It does'nt seem exorbanent.
You would think we would have offered him that? No?
I guess not. The suckiness of this is beyond description.

PatsWorldChamps said:

And 15 other cities...

PatsWorldChamps said:

I'm not saying we should worry, but there should be some concern. This is not good!

That's too bad - I'm not sure how much of that is bonus money but $4 mil a season for Willie seems like a fair price - I was thinking $3 mil a season but that's not that far off

Still, if the Pats expected him only to serve in spot roles I guess that's a lot to pay a part time player.

Offer from the Patriots? The Patriots NEVER even called him.

Can we please keep the sky is falling crap to a minimum?

Last edited:
This really SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKS!

I wonder how the money is per year, bonus, etc.

I said I would do 3/$9M so that's how I feel about this deal, depending on the structure of course.

JackBauer said:
Can we please keep the sky is falling crap to a minimum?
You'd rather see 1000 consecutive In Belichick We Trust sigs?

Fanfrom1960 said:
You'd rather see 1000 consecutive In Belichick We Trust sigs?

No. I just hate it when people piss and moan because we lost someone we could have kept had we wanted to.

I'm sorry but this off season really BLOWS so far!!!!! :mad:

We can say in Beoli we trust all we want, but this is not shaping up good at all so far...

I hope that in 2 months I say that I am wrong, but losing Mcginest has put me over the edge in anger!!

I wonder what free agents are thinking when they visit( if they visit at all) The championship banners are great, but the future doesnt seem that great right now....

I guess that I have the sky is falling mentality right now and I HATE it..

pciamp24 said:
I'm sorry but this off season really BLOWS so far!!!!! :mad:

We can say in Beoli we trust all we want, but this is not shaping up good at all so far...

I hope that in 2 months I say that I am wrong, but losing Mcginest has put me over the edge in anger!!

I wonder what free agents are thinking when they visit( if they visit at all) The championship banners are great, but the future doesnt seem that great right now....

I guess that I have the sky is falling mentality right now and I HATE it..

My God. How many days are we into FA. How much cap room do we have.

We could have kept McGinest. We did not. Obviously, the coaches feel his best days are behind him (I'm inclined to agree).

Stop whining!

It is a bit depressing to see Willie go, but it is what it is. I am curious as to what effect it will have on free agent perception....

JackBauer said:
My God. How many days are we into FA. How much cap room do we have.

We could have kept McGinest. We did not. Obviously, the coaches feel his best days are behind him (I'm inclined to agree).

Stop whining!

I don't really think that being pissed that a favorite player is gone is the same as whining on and on because we're not making a splash in free agency.
Making repetitive posts telling people to stop whining or whatever is a bit annoying though.

CrazyDave said:
I don't really think that being pissed that a favorite player is gone is the same as whining on and on because we're not making a splash in free agency.
Making repetitive posts telling people to stop whining or whatever is a bit annoying though.

Perhaps you need to read a few of these quotes. It's OK to commemorate WMac for what he's done and his legacy as a Patriot. That's clearly not whats being done, here. Just the usual hyperventilating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back