PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking down Tavon Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone is saying that Wilson doesn't have potential here to be a good player, only that he's terribly green still and made the horrible choice of repeating the exact same mistake in back to back weeks, which promptly got him in BB's doghouse for a long time.

I think that Wilson has contributed here this year for sure, and I would venture to guess that he'll be a bigger part of things moving forward, but I agree that he shouldn't be called on to do that much for the next game, or hopefully two.

SF I'm not suggesting we bench Gregory and start Wilson. I was just sharing the story because I think it highlighted the fact that Wilson performed to his 2nd round selection level and has a good NFL future ahead of himself.

When you look at the total defensive snaps it really highlights how impressive his production was.

Barron 1074
Smith 1037
Wilson 465

No, he really meant Owen Wilson.

kcpq-best-celebrity-shots-of-2011-20111209-015,0,1359890.photo

LMAO good call..

Interesting when you look at what the great Ed Reed did on 1046 snaps

Safety Tckl Sck FF FR INT Pdef
Reed 58 0 0 3 4 16

Unless this was some sort of specific case of Wilson having an assignment BB liked........ Attention Patrick Chung: best wishes as a FA in the off season.

dont bring up Smith and what he did week 3, ALL of his touchdowns were pushoffs, and had he not suffered a tragedy the day before, he would have been called for all of them

his speed is unquestionable...you dont show up Champ easily, our cb's and S have been warned

SF I'm not suggesting we bench Gregory and start Wilson. I was just sharing the story because I think it highlighted the fact that Wilson performed to his 2nd round selection level and has a good NFL future ahead of himself.

When you look at the total defensive snaps it really highlights how impressive his production was.

Barron 1074
Smith 1037
Wilson 465

I agree with you on your thoughts about his potential for the future, and even his contribution for this year--considering that he was a rookie.

If I improperly worded things, then that's my bad..

Kyle Arrington was a starting cornerback and Patrick Chung was a starting safety in week 3 of the 2012 NFL Season.

At that stage our total NFL experience for the defensive backfield totalled less than 5 years... gratefully things have changed...

Give Tavon another year before we all judge..

Pats secondary is exponentially bettor than it was week 3 with Talib, Dennard and Mcourty at saftey. My concern is Chandler Jones injury.

Also looking at the weather report (early) it supposed to be windy. Hopefully it will knock down a few of those Hail Flaccos. Which by the way if he dosen't hit one those he is a loser.

I also think Vegas recognizes these things by making the Pats 9 point and in some places 10 point favorites.

My only concern is the Pats matching their intensity. Its Pats game to lose more than it is to the Ravens to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back