PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Minnesota Viking QB Teddy Bridgewater out for season with knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Significant knee injury" per Zimmer. "Freaky deal." and "possible" season-ending injury.

Zimmer said Teddy has been sedated. Getting an MRI right now.

This is really tough to hear about, it's a shame.

That said, I think that Bridgewater is one of the worst starting QBs in the league. He looked absolutely hopeless every game I've watched. It's like he can't throw a pass further than 10 yards. I honestly don't think Shaun Hill is a big dropoff.
Considering you just said "Wow. We are talking about football and a human being's life. Some of you guys need to get a ****ing grip. ************" in the Mortensen thread, I'd tread lightly on the whole talking **** about a person while they're down.

Guess who gets to play the Vikings and Cowboys in the first month of the season?

Giants.

Does that team ever run out of luck?

Saw that last part. That not good. I actuslly fear for his career. A good friend is a die hard Vikes fan. What a punch in the gut. Hope it's not as bad as it seems, but this unfortunately doesn't have the sound of anything good.

Guess who gets to play the Vikings and Cowboys in the first month of the season?

Giants.

Does that team ever run out of luck?

So what? You think that Dak Prescott is going to be a pushover? Don't count on it.. Kid is the real deal from what I've seen. Was playing much better than Romo this pre-season.

Scary stuff. Bridgewater has always been a guy you could feel good rooting for, the kind of person nobody has a bad word to say about. He deserves better. :(

Yea, he really is a high character guy that is easy to love... I was rooting for him and the Vikings this year, I think they were really positioned well to make a serious run at that division

I hope he's ok, pretty scary stuff as I read the progressively worse tweets surrounding the incident

Considering you just said "Wow. We are talking about football and a human being's life. Some of you guys need to get a ****ing grip. ************" in the Mortensen thread, I'd tread lightly on the whole talking **** about a person while they're down.
Look, I know internet users love playing the "oh, the irony!" card -- I mean, that's like the oldest shtick in the history of message boards -- but you're utterly grasping at straws; you are just completely -- completely -- off-base here.

I like Bridgewater and want him to succeed (I live in the Twin Cities, so I hear a lot about the Vikings), but he's statistically a bottom-tier quarterback right now. This isn't the Packers losing Rodgers or us losing Tom Brady, this is a run-heavy, defense-oriented team losing a guy who ranked 22nd in passer rating last year. Bridgewater has a career 87.0 rating (during an era when passing efficiency is at an all-time high), and Shaun Hill has a career rating 85.2; given the aforementioned nature of this team (run-first), I totally think Shaun Hill could "game manage" them to a decent season. (And to be completely clear, yes, I think Bridgewater is better than Hill, but at this point in his career I don't think he's miles ahead.)

That is an objective and fair observation, which is a far cry from the personal vendetta people have against Mort because he said something negative about our beloved team/players. When reporters say negative things about the Broncos people here gobble it up, when they say negative things about our team we resort to character assassination and calling them worthless hacks.

He was dropping back on a lazy passing drill and planted his right leg. WTF.

Speculation: Wonder if he has some kind of bone disease. That just doesn't happen to a healthy leg.

I'm starting to think that too. Legs don't just snap. Not when you aren't doing anything like in basketball and landing on them. This isn't looking good in my opinion and it could be the end of his career if you are right. Non contact in FB is usually ligaments. Not bones.

That is an objective and fair observation, which is a far cry from the personal vendetta people have against Mort because he said something negative about our beloved team/players. When reporters say negative things about the Broncos people here gobble it up, when they say negative things about our team we resort to character assassination and calling them worthless hacks.

That is where you are wrong, my friend. He did not just say something negative about the team and players. He perpetuated and furthered a LIE based on junk science, and Tweeted it out. Then he proceeded to keep that Tweet up for MORE THAN 5 MONTHS after it was proven wrong. That lie he reported is still repeated to this day by some in the media.

Reminds me of the Robert Edwards injury

I'm starting to think that too. Legs don't just snap. Not when you aren't doing anything like in basketball and landing on them. This isn't looking good in my opinion and it could be the end of his career if you are right. Non contact in FB is usually ligaments. Not bones.

I have no clue but just too weird to think that happens to a structurally sound leg/knee.

Torn ACLs, Achillies, etc I get. A buddy of mine tore is meniscus walking his dog when it spotted a freaking squirrel and pulled on the collar.

I remember there was a MLB pitcher whose arm snapped when he threw a pitch. Turns out he had bone cancer.

Hard to believe when they said possibly season ending.

Possibly? Sounds really understated when ACL tears are definately season ending.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Teddy Bridgewater's knee injury was "gruesome," and that his teammates were "disturbed and horrified," with some even throwing up.

Prayers sent, hoping for a full recovery

I remember there was a MLB pitcher whose arm snapped when he threw a pitch. Turns out he had bone cancer.

Hard to believe when they said possibly season ending.

Possibly? Sounds really understated when ACL tears are definately season ending.

Dave Dravecky. Played for the Padres and Giants. It had tumors on it. He recovered, made a great comeback and it snapped during a pitch and it was later amputated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back