Welcome to PatsFans.com

Break.com gives us a preview of the end of the world...

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by KontradictioN, Jan 7, 2011.

1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,102 / 32 / -51

No Jersey Selected

The End Of The WorldVideo

Thought this was an extremely interesting video that takes us a couple of billion years into the future and examines what should happen to not only our own planet, but our galaxy as well.

2. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +811 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Good post. I find stuff like this pretty fascinating. Hell, I even like reading the stuff about the earth as it might have existed hundreds of millions of years ago.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  3. CheeseMonkeys

CheeseMonkeys 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -2

#11 Jersey

It's interesting to think what will happen to our planet/galaxy in the distant future. It's also too bad humans may not be around much longer on planet earth. With the way humans are using up resources and polluting the planet, living conditions are only going to get worse and worse. For some reason, I doubt people will move on to some distant planet in the future to continue human life when the earth becomes unlivable. I just don't see where we can go.. Mars at first then a planet in another galaxy?

4. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,102 / 32 / -51

No Jersey Selected

Despite the fact that Mars (supposedly) used to have water on it, I don't think it will ever be habitable for human beings. On top of that, I don't see increases in technology that would allow us to make Mars habitable happening anytime in the near or distant future. We'd have to find a planet just like ours outside the galaxy.

5. CheeseMonkeys

CheeseMonkeys 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -2

#11 Jersey

And the chances of finding such a planet would be pretty slim. If we did find a planet similar to earth, I assume there would already be some sort of life there. In that case we would be intruders taking over someone else's planet. It makes me think that that could happen to us possibly if beings from another planet needed to use earth.:eek:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

Cute video and all, but it starts off as an epic fail. In 50,000 years we won't be using fossil fuels.