Proposition:

The number of playoff games that the Colts win in the
NFL season starting in 2007, plus the total number of
playoff games that the Colts win in the NFL season
starting in 2008, plus the total number of playoff
games that the Colts win in the NFL season starting in
2009 will be less than 2.

Bet:

If true, Ryan donates $20 to the Bread of Life.

If false, Jason donates $20 to the Bread of Life.

I certainly hope we are still on for this bet, Jason? Miguel have you heard anything from our friend? I know we're not even close to the post-season, but I wanted a thread started incase my email box gets deleted (happens every now and again).

Thanks. :)

Re: OT: Bread of life bet with Jason S.

To anyone other than Miguel or Ryan who has a bet with me:

Confirm NOW or its off.

I'll send you a PM Ryan.

Last edited:

To anyone other than Miguel or Ryan who has a bet with me:

Confirm NOW or its off.

I'll send you a PM Ryan.

Holy Crap - did you really bet that the Colts will win no more than 1 playoff game over the next 3 years?

I think there's a lot of folks in Vegas who would love to get in on some action with you if you're game too.

I'll give you one thing - you're not pulling any punches... three years of self-destruct behavior by the Colts franchise to not even win 2 playoff games over three years would be tremendous, but I'm not going to put any money on that...

...though it is for a good cause and you're to be applauded (assuming you pay up) for that.

Sounds like a stupid bet to me.

Prior to last years miracle, that's not a bad bet; they won two in 2003, one in 2004 and none in 2005, that's a grand total of three wins in three years. With the horseshoe firmly planted up their asses last year, they won all four games............

Why wait until the end of the 2008 season. I'll bet Ryan the $20 to the Bread of Life that the Colts don't repeat or even win the AFC Championship this year.

If I lose, $20 to bread of life. If Ryan loses, $20 to bread of life. Either way the bread of life wins.

Now, if another Colts fan want to take Ryan's place, that's OK by me. Maybe we can get several other Colts/Patriots fans to do this and the Miguel's favorite charity is the winner.

Any takers?

Why wait until the end of the 2008 season. I'll bet Ryan the $20 to the Bread of Life that the Colts don't repeat or even win the AFC Championship this year.

If I lose, $20 to bread of life. If Ryan loses, $20 to bread of life. Either way the bread of life wins.

Now, if another Colts fan want to take Ryan's place, that's OK by me. Maybe we can get several other Colts/Patriots fans to do this and the Miguel's favorite charity is the winner.

Any takers?

I don't think the Colts win the SB this season, but I'll take the bet. Miguel is good people and 20 bucks isn't much to donate if need be. Shoot me a PM.

I don't think the Colts win the SB this season, but I'll take the bet. Miguel is good people and 20 bucks isn't much to donate if need be. Shoot me a PM.
Classy post by Ryan. :rocker:

Any takers?

Count me in on the PATRIOTS side...any Colts fans out there willing to put their Bread of Life money where there mouths are??

I'll take Steeler, Charger and Cowgirl action as well.....

Classy post by Ryan. :rocker:

Ryan's a classy Indy fan - and a routine contributor who lives in the area, and if memory serves is employed in sports media.

It's unfortunate but most of the interactions we have with most other team fans are trolls who represent the worst of other team fans... I think many Patriot fan posters on other sites are the same way quite often.

But the bottom line is Ryan gives quality football perspective, and no one's going to accuse him of being a Patsfan homer.

Count me in on the PATRIOTS side...any Colts fans out there willing to put their Bread of Life money where there mouths are??

I'll take Steeler, Charger and Cowgirl action as well.....

I accepted Ryan bet but it would be unrealistic for him to take on all Patriots bets. So let's hope that there are other Colts fans willing to take yours and others bets.

Let's keep this in mind the week of the Colt's game and there will be others such as Workhorse that might want to do this.

The winner will be the Bread of Life.

I certainly hope we are still on for this bet, Jason? Miguel have you heard anything from our friend? I know we're not even close to the post-season, but I wanted a thread started incase my email box gets deleted (happens every now and again).
Thanks. :)

Here's hoping that Jason honors his bets with me and Ryan. The Bread of Life could certainly use the money.

Here's hoping that Jason honors his bets with me and Ryan. The Bread of Life could certainly use the money.

Talk about blast from the past.

Send me a PM with information on where I can send a check. Even though I won the bet i'd still like to give $20. Thanks.

The number of playoff games that the Colts win in the
NFL season starting in 2007, plus the total number of
playoff games that the Colts win in the NFL season
starting in 2008, plus the total number of playoff
games that the Colts win in the NFL season starting in
2009 will be less than 2.

This was worded unnecessarily long.

FYI - Either Jason or Ryan just sent some money to the Bread of Life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes