Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brazil Stiffs Obama on Oil Deal, Exposing President's Incompetence

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Jan 22, 2012.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Well Obozo has done it again. This week he blocked Keystone and now gets stiffed by Brazil.

To recap, in 2009 we gave Brazil $2,000,000,000 to drill for oil offshore. Then he cut off permit approval for drill our own oil offshore.

President Obama Finances Offshore Drilling in Brazil - WSJ.com

Turns out they have 35,000,000,000 in this one field alone. So last March he tell them the US will be their best customer. We give them the $$$ them they get rich selling us the product.

Obama to Brazil: we will buy your oil after giving you $2 billion to drill it - National Finance Examiner | Examiner.com

But wait it get better he grovels to Brazil so they will sell up products w paid them to develop with taxpayer $$$, so they will give us a deal?

No of course not they just signed a contract with the Chinese......

You couldn't even make up this sort of incompetence. Make the 3 Stooges look like geniuses.

Brazil Stiffs Obama on Oil Deal, Exposing President's Incompetence - Yahoo! News

4 more years.....:rolleyes:
  2. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Again, when it comes to world energy and how global oil trade works, you have absolutely no idea what you're ever talking about. Linking to long-debunked WSJ opinion pieces and Washington Times commentary isn't gonna change that pattern; only reinforce it.

I warned you not to post on this topic any longer after your past failures, but you didn't listen. ... Still, if you're gonna keep serving them up, I'm happy to keep crushing them into the right field bleachers.

I won't even get into how the "35 billion barrels" claim is ESTIMATED reserves that are locked deep under massive salt formations, and thus extremely expensive to extract. I won't even get into the fact that only a fraction of this total will be economically recoverable. And I won't even get into how it's actually heavy, low-viscosity crude that is far more expensive to refine. None of that is within your meager comprehension skills, so I'll just stick with your flat failure with facts.

Your first mistake was posting a 2-year old opinion piece from Ruppert Murdoch's RW rag on a topic that anyone even casually following the energy discussion in this country knows is conservative, anti-Obama hogwash. In fact, it's a claim that originated as an internet chain letter that grew legs. I guess the WSJ doesn't vet stories anymore, but people like you eat it right up... Oops:

LOL!!!! Catch that last part? Cons such as WSJ columnists and far-right wing forum moderators didn't. ... The corporate loan was so that Petrobas can buy U.S. equipment and expertise.

Nevermind that by investing in Brazil - which turns around and invests in PRIVATE U.S. industry - we might buy oil at reduced cost in the long run, enhancing competition against OPEC and reducing oil prices worldwide.

Deceit #2.

Lie or just not very smart? It's hard to tell. Either way, wrong again. From the bank in question:

"No taxpayer dollars are involved!!!!!"
    Ex-Im Bank :: Facts About the Proposed Ex-Im Bank Loans for Petrobras' Brazilian Offshore Oil Exploration and Development

Actually, you DID make it up.

In fact, it's so bad that you're linking to a Yahoo opinion piece by a RW moron who writes stuff like this...

Sarah Palin a Modern Cold War Hero in the Making

Fail.

Four more years of what? You not vetting your opinion pieces? You trying to mislead people? Or you showing how utterly clueless you are regarding global oil production and the economics behind it?

You'll probably ban me from your thread now. That's fine. If you delete this post, it's saved, and will be happily sent via PM to all of us who are on to you.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  3. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

so just to review:

1) Obama had nothing to do with it
    2) Ex-Im bank made up of Bush appointees
    3) The loan helps Brazil invest in U.S. companies
    4) No tax dollars were used at all
    5) Any oil extracted is traded on the global market in competition with OPEC

other than that, great job pf13...

Of course, even if every single drop of the 35 billion barrels could be brought to market (and barely a third will be), it won't make a dent in the rate of dying existing capacity of much purer oil world-wide.

We use a billion barrels of oil in 12 short days. Zzzzz ... Wake me when we find a land-based field of 100 billion barrels of sweet light crude anywhere on God's green Earth. ... Because we need about 5 of them just to maintain stasis. And we need them developed, like, yesterday.
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +494 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Quick, 13, grab another one. This one and the Cass Sunstein-maybe-he'll-be-a-SCOTUS-nominee just aren't working.

Hint: Straws, like stories, work best when there aren't a thousand holes in them.

[​IMG]
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

So the Chinese are signing contracts for energy that doesn't exist....Funny stuff as always. :singing:
  6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +308 / 3 / -13

So you're really-really sure you aren't Press Coverage, huh?

and don't get all pissy about this...it's not a bad thing.

7. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +195 / 2 / -2

How many billions went "missing" in Iraq and Afghanistan under your boy Bush's incompetence? just add a couple more, apparently

"4 more years" indeed if the pubs manage to nominate one of their bozos to run against President Obama
  8. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's not what I said at all.

Again, are you perpetually lying, or just not very smart?