PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bravy vs. Favre coming up on Pardon the Interruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bravy vs Favre coming up on Pardon the Interruption

If Favre gets the MVP over Brady I'll break my hand on the figuritive face the associated press, Favre already has the most MVP's ever and Brady was gyped out of 2 even if it is a close race (which it isn't) Brady should still get it.

I wuv you Bom Bravy.......... :singing:

If Favre gets the MVP over Brady I'll break my hand on the figuritive face the associated press, Favre already has the most MVP's ever and Brady was gyped out of 2 even if it is a close race (which it isn't) Brady should still get it.
Seems like a no brainer. But, throwing jump balls to one of the best receivers in FB isn't quite as impressive as being a 50 year old man still running around the turf abd throwing to a bunch of no names (save for Driver). These blow outs might actually hurt his chances. And of course, 6 gimmes versus the Divisionals doesn't help either. You all could easily be 7-2 without Tom Tom. What do you think GB would be without Favre??

Not trolling, but "most valuable" doesn't necessarily mean "best".

Seems like a no brainer. But, throwing jump balls to one of the best receivers in FB isn't quite as impressive as being a 50 year old man still running around the turf abd throwing to a bunch of no names (save for Driver). These blow outs might actually hurt his chances. And of course, 6 gimmes versus the Divisionals doesn't help either. You all could easily be 7-2 without Tom Tom. What do you think GB would be without Favre??

Brady does a lot more then just throw jump balls. Deal with the fact he is the consensus MVP and much better then Payton I am overrated manning.

6 picks!

Brady throws jump balls?
What do we call the pass Favre threw against the Vikes that was in the defenders hands, only to have them collide like keystone cops and go for a td?

Seems like a no brainer. But, throwing jump balls to one of the best receivers in FB isn't quite as impressive as being a 50 year old man still running around the turf and throwing to a bunch of no names

You got to be kidding. Brady was MVP in most of the last 5 seasons and didn't get it. He is the ONE and ONLY indispensible player on the Patriots, dare we forget Brady winning Super Bowls and 21 in a row throwing to receivers worse than Green Bay has now. Seems like another person that does not get how good Brady is and clearly does not watch much Patriot football. Look at all the offenses in the NFL that suck because of the QB and then imagine the Patriots with their BACKUP in.

Favre and Green Bay have played an easy schedule, they played tthe Giants when they were a mess and San Diego when they were a mess and at the end of the year they will have played 1 team(Dallas) that you could say was any good.

Without Brady the Patriots lose to the Colts, no doubt, and would not have home field and likely would lose out on a Bye so they would go to the Colts and Steelers in the playoffs. With Brady they get to be home in the REAL CONFERENCE for the playoffs. If the regular season is about setting up winning a Super Bowl nobody is more valuable than Brady. He lost the MVP in the past because he didn;t have big numbers despite being the REAL MVP now you want to take it away from him when he ahs the numbers and is the REAL MVP. Not going to happen, ludicrous to even say it should.

You got to be kidding. Brady was MVP in most of the last 5 seasons and didn't get it. He is the ONE and ONLY indispensible player on the Patriots, dare we forget Brady winning Super Bowls and 21 in a row throwing to receivers worse than Green Bay has now. Seems like another person that does not get how good Brady is and clearly does not watch much Patriot football. Look at all the offenses in the NFL that suck because of the QB and then imagine the Patriots with their BACKUP in.

Favre and Green Bay have played an easy schedule, they played tthe Giants when they were a mess and San Diego when they were a mess and at the end of the year they will have played 1 team(Dallas) that you could say was any good.

Without Brady the Patriots lose to the Colts, no doubt, and would not have home field and likely would lose out on a Bye so they would go to the Colts and Steelers in the playoffs. With Brady they get to be home in the REAL CONFERENCE for the playoffs. If the regular season is about setting up winning a Super Bowl nobody is more valuable than Brady. He lost the MVP in the past because he didn;t have big numbers despite being the REAL MVP now you want to take it away from him when he ahs the numbers and is the REAL MVP. Not going to happen, ludicrous to even say it should.

Blowing teams out, that's what you do. Without Brady, you might have some squeekers, but 7-2 easy. You think the Skins would have cause you problems with out Brady? Buffalo? Jets? Miami? San Diego? Bengals?There are 5 easy ones. Split with Dallas, Colts, Browns might have gotten you, but you step up and win 1 of those 3. Stop with the "poor receiver" crap. Givens, Patten, Branch, Brown, decent TE's, Faulk. You never have had "crappy" wr's, maybe not HOFer's but how many of those are there?

Without Favre, GB loses to Philly, Chargers,@Vikes,Skins and Donks. Throw in the loss to the Bears, they are 3-6, not 8-1. Favre COULD possibly edge Brady for MVP. It won't happen, Favre has 3, Brady doesn't have his yet. He is certainly deserving, but that wasn't the question.

I hope he doesn't get. I hope BB doesn't get coach of the year. I hope not a single Pat gets sent the Pro Bowl.

Pats hater? Troll? NO!

It will just give them a reason to come back and make the record 38-0, at the end of the next superbowl. This team thrives on being dissed. Diss um, and diss um some more. I dare you.

Did anyone actually watch this? I'm curious about what they said.

Did anyone actually watch this? I'm curious about what they said.

Wilbon actually strongly stated that it is without a doubt Brady, while Lebatard played the role of contrarian to try to say that Favre doesnt have the help that Brady does(Randy Moss).. trying to say that Moss is more valuable to the team than Brady.. to which Wilbon repeated "No. No. No. No."

they should inscribe ********************************************************************************************************************** on all the pats super bowl rings

In how many different threads are you going to type the same line? Nice job of creativity, I didn't know you could get internet access in a trailer. Maybe you're at the library.

I want to know how the hell you got Favre's name right but somehow messed up "Bravy".
Just anticipating having to spell Favre and get it right will mess one's head up.

In how many different threads are you going to type the same line? Nice job of creativity, I didn't know you could get internet access in a trailer. Maybe you're at the library.

There's no way this dude is at a library.

Blowing teams out, that's what you do. Without Brady, you might have some squeekers, but 7-2 easy. You think the Skins would have cause you problems with out Brady? Buffalo? Jets? Miami? San Diego? Bengals?There are 5 easy ones. Split with Dallas, Colts, Browns might have gotten you, but you step up and win 1 of those 3. Stop with the "poor receiver" crap. Givens, Patten, Branch, Brown, decent TE's, Faulk. You never have had "crappy" wr's, maybe not HOFer's but how many of those are there?

Without Favre, GB loses to Philly, Chargers,@Vikes,Skins and Donks. Throw in the loss to the Bears, they are 3-6, not 8-1. Favre COULD possibly edge Brady for MVP. It won't happen, Favre has 3, Brady doesn't have his yet. He is certainly deserving, but that wasn't the question.

You are a freaking idiot. And your signature sucks. If you do not want to hear any arguments from Pats fans, then get the hell out of here you ********. Just leave, loser.

You are a freaking idiot. And your signature sucks. If you do not want to hear any arguments from Pats fans, then get the hell out of here you ********. Just leave, loser.
:eek: whoa there big fella! sounds like you are the one that isn't hearing any other point of view. Sheesh

:eek: whoa there big fella! sounds like you are the one that isn't hearing any other point of view. Sheesh

Take Peyton Manning away from the Colts and what do you have? Not much. Your argument is pretty stupid. Take any starting QB away from their team, and they will be in a world of hurt.

MVP is given for the best and most valuable player to a team. You don't give it to a lesser player. Particularly not if they both play the same position. That would be like arguing in the year Peyton threw 49 touchdowns, that the MVP should have gone to say Ben Rothlisberger instead, because the Steelers would have not been in the playoffs without him.

Last edited:

Take Peyton Manning away from the Colts and what do you have? Not much. Your argument is pretty stupid. Take any starting QB away from their team, and they will be in a world of hurt.

I have heard many Patriot fans argue that, since the NE way is DEPTH and TEAM, that they would more easily "absorb" a QB loss, whereas the Colts would be MUDD without Manning. I'm not even putting Manning in MVP talk. Just trying to compare Favre's value this year to Bravy's.

I have heard many Patriot fans argue that, since the NE way is DEPTH and TEAM, that they would more easily "absorb" a QB loss, whereas the Colts would be MUDD without Manning. I'm not even putting Manning in MVP talk. Just trying to compare Favre's value this year to Bravy's.

Your argument again makes no sense.
Brady is BETTER than Favre this year.

Manning was BETTER than Rothlisberger in 2004.
Or do you argue that Rothlisberger should have won the MVP instead?
The Colts had enough of a plug and play offense that year that they could have succeeded without Peyton.
The Steelers on the other hand had a gaping hole at QB until Big Ben stepped up. They would have never won 15 games without Rothlisberger's unexpected rise.
Does this make him the right choice for MVP?

Of course not. Your argument is facetious and hypocritical. You know Brady is the BEST player this year. That's what the MVP award is for. If Peyton was the one putting up the big numbers this year you would have your hackles raised at the mere suggestion that Favre should be considered as the MVP instead. But because Brady is the one putting up the RECORD SETTING numbers, you suddenly find a reason to support Favre. Don't let your bias blind you merely because you are a Patriots and/or Brady hater. It just shows what a terrible homer you are.

Last edited:

According to the Falcons record, Michael Vick may be the real MVP this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back