PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Weeden - Potential Late Round QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillBelichickFan79

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I really want to take a late flyer on Brandon Weeden from Oklahoma St. He's a QB that reminds me of a raw Brady.

He seems Brady-esque in the way he drops back, holds the ball, and throws the ball. He's got some good poise in the pocket. He's got good mechanics and a nice release. He's got some good zip on his ball, and excels in the short to intermediate passing game. He's got some great accuracy and touch on a lot his throws. Like Brady, he's a little inconsistent when it comes to throwing the deep ball, but I've been very impressed with his skill set overall and think he is someone we can develop.

I watched a good amount of Oklahoma St. games because I'm a big fan of Mike Gundy and a lot of his players (Weeden, Blackmon, Hunter, Cooper). He really improved and got better as the year went on. He went from being a guy I felt meh about to being a guy I want us to take a good look at over the course of the season.

Here are two excellent videos of him from the guys at Universal Draft.

Brandon Weeden Compilation - YouTube

Brandon Weeden Alamo Bowl - YouTube

How does he compare to the last Oklahoma State QB we took?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back