PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoever was "disappointed" in tate wasn't really watching his game closely enough

the guy has improved on beating the press at the line, which is what made him ineffective earlier in the season, furthermore now he has more and more chemistry with Brady

hes a WR transitioning to the NFL, it takes a large majority the 3rd year, we probably wont see Tate's full potential until the season after next, but hes getting there faster than many other guys considering last year he didnt play a down

i like him, this season he has been anywhere from 3rd - 5th option in the offense, hes doing fine for the role

Tate's coming along just fine.

I'll admit I'm not big on tate, but he is making progress. Like others have said, We have to keep reminding ourselves that this kid lost his senior season due to injury and was basically redshirted in his 1st year with the pats.

That catch was beautiful btw. Glad to see tate make a catch with his fingertips like that. Shows promise.

I believe tate deserves everyone's patience

I believe tate deserves everyone's patience

I agree. We're getting a little too used to these amazing rookie/sophomore learning curves we've seen with McCourty, Gronk, Hernandez, Chung, Vollmer, Spikes, and Cunningham. I know Tate is a second year player, but his experience is closer to that of a rookie. Let's let him develop a little and see what happens.

Does anybody have a picture of him making that catch or know where to find one?

My brother is a giants fan and I always jokingly taunt him saying Tate will be better than Nicks and this would be good leverage haha

That play, IMO, symbolized the difference between the Bears and the Pats in that game. 5:00 left in the game, well in hand, and Tate does his job. He stretches out and puts his body on the line to make that catch. Good stuff. Nice find.

Just thinking about Tate, Gronkowski and Hernandez, makes me feel great about the Pats future. Hopefully Taylor Price matures into an NFL WR also, or at least shows improvement like Tate has this season.

the guy has improved on beating the press at the line

That is the part to notice in the video (link earlier in the thread). Classic swim move to get him beyond the press. Nothing revolutionary but it is the little things that build confidence with Brady. Once Tate proves to Brady that he can get to the right spot on time, every time, his production will start to match his talent level.

The best bit about Tate is his decision making and reactions.

3 or 4 times we've seen him do what Deion and Wes do.

If Brady is in trouble, move around, avoid the defender and you will get the ball for a big play.

With Price on a redshirt year, we could have 5 genuine Receiver threats next year along with the 3 Tightends, Woody and Benny. As well as whatever we draft.

He was the critical "playmaker" in the Vikings game.

His 45 yard reception in the Steelers game was possibly the critical play.

The return in Miami was the critical play of the game.

This happened with the offense almost going 180 in mid season.

Is developing right before our eyes...we know how WR's are like a box of chocolate "you never know what you gona get". After making mistakes at that position with the selections of Bethel Johnson and Chad Jackson, :rolleyes: we may have hit the jackpot on Mr. Tate. That TD catch he made against the jets last Monday even though it was his only catch is so significant the way he caught the ball him working back to Brady giving him a Target shows maturity. Also that beautiful catch along the sidelines in Chicago yesterday was a thing of beauty. Tate was damaged goods and we took a chance on him last year and basically redshirted him. This is really Tate's rookie year and i think he has a very high ceiling. The Best is yet to come from him and i wouldn't mind seeing it in the Playoffs.

I like Tate, sure. But Bethel Johnson also made a few nice 'highlight' catches in his career. Tate still needs to develop his route running ability before he can even be mentioned in the same breath as other wideouts like Branch and Welker. But Tate definitely has the upside to become a staple WR for the Pats in future years. He's just not there yet.

Speaking of returns, did you see Edelman's eye-opening punt return performance? He had several good returns and a TD called back due to a stupid holding penalty. He's really bringing it on in that department. Tate hopefully takes up the challenge and gives us some more electrifying kick returns during the latter part of the season. He was doing it earlier but hasn't shown as much there lately.

Speaking of returns, did you see Edelman's eye-opening punt return performance? He had several good returns and a TD called back due to a stupid holding penalty. He's really bringing it on in that department. Tate hopefully takes up the challenge and gives us some more electrifying kick returns during the latter part of the season. He was doing it earlier but hasn't shown as much there lately.
I am surprised this seems to have slipped under the radar, it could be huge for us down the stretch to have Edelman as an effective punt returner. I loved the way he threw the ball at the end of the TD return that was called back. Looked like a hell of lot of pent up frustration to me.

I don't really like the Bethel Johnson comparison some are giving him but Bethal Johnson had a couple spectacular catches of his own.

I don't really like the Bethel Johnson comparison some are giving him but Bethal Johnson had a couple spectacular catches of his own.

And a few amazing kick returns

For someone who blocked Bethel Johnson out of their brain.

Did Johnson show anything like Tate has on broken plays?

Against the Jets and Vikings, he's adapted and freelanced and got open for Touchdowns.

So the majority of people on this board are disappointed in Tate because they made unrealistic expectations for a guy that basically missed two years of football?

I am surprised this seems to have slipped under the radar, it could be huge for us down the stretch to have Edelman as an effective punt returner. I loved the way he threw the ball at the end of the TD return that was called back. Looked like a hell of lot of pent up frustration to me.

I agree this has been coming for a while with edelman... he has broken one for a TD both pre seasons and i think he is clambering for a role on this team as his touches have dropped with a healthy welker and an emerging tate. But i still think he is a class performer and a good return man... allowing welker to no longer have that role.

I like Tate, sure. But Bethel Johnson also made a few nice 'highlight' catches in his career. Tate still needs to develop his route running ability before he can even be mentioned in the same breath as other wideouts like Branch and Welker. But Tate definitely has the upside to become a staple WR for the Pats in future years. He's just not there yet.

There is NO comparison between Tate and Chad "I'm hurt" Jackson, OR,
Bethel "I can only run straight-down-the-field" Johnson.

This the the 1st year Tate is healthy, as he was out his rookie year. I think he will improve. I mean the play near the end of the game, he fully stretched out to grab that ball and he tucked it in before he hit the ground.

So the majority of people on this board are disappointed in Tate because they made unrealistic expectations for a guy that basically missed two years of football?

Well, that plus the fact that he's still the 5th option on offense, having not beaten out Welker, Branch, and either of the tight ends. Bumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes