PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Tate wants to tear it up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just having him on the field and getting the ball in certain situations gives me a much better feeling than having Galloway on the sidelines. That said, I think he is the 5th reciever when Edelman is healthy.

Everyone seems to want recievers to leapfrog Aiken on the depth chart. I don't get it... when Aiken gets the ball, he runs with a style similar to TO/Brandon Marshall. I think he may be the best RAC reciever we have, and that is even considering Welker. He seems to be a great option at the other wideout. Does he just have trouble getting open or what? I just don't see why he is only considered a STer by many when he has shown more on the field than a rookie with upside who has only played in one game.

BTW I AM on the Tate bandwagon, just think Aiken hasn't gotten enough credit.

Everyone seems to want recievers to leapfrog Aiken on the depth chart. I don't get it... when Aiken gets the ball, he runs with a style similar to TO/Brandon Marshall. I think he may be the best RAC reciever we have, and that is even considering Welker. He seems to be a great option at the other wideout. Does he just have trouble getting open or what? I just don't see why he is only considered a STer by many when he has shown more on the field than a rookie with upside who has only played in one game.

BTW I AM on the Tate bandwagon, just think Aiken hasn't gotten enough credit.

Aiken has provided great YAC but in my opinion he's more valuable in the kicking game (ST). If Tate can digest the offense he would be able to stretch the field as a true number 3 and provide more single coverage to Moss.

Re: Brandon Tate wants to tear it up .....

He sounds like a great kid, the Herald had a good article on him too. He's been getting up at 6am to get his knee healthy and was said, by Butch Davis, to be good in the weightroom before that. It still makes me roll my eyes about how he tested positive for pot when he knew he'd be tested (I assume he did, maybe he thought he wouldn't be as he wasn't working out) but despite his imperfections he sounds like a good kid.

Who cares, pot is harmless.

Robertweathers position on Brandon Tate since draft day....

"He'll never play this year"-WRONG
"He'll go on IR before Week 1"- WRONG
"He'll go IR after the PUP expires"-WRONG
"He'll never be active gameday"-WRONG
"He'll just play special teams"- WRONG
"He won't be in on many offensive snaps"- WRONG

Obviously I have no idea what I am talking about....

This guy is busting his butt trying to contribute to this team and BB sees enough progress in this kid to put him out there and be sucessful.

Tate was a steal in the draft. It was a classic Patriot draft pick.

Actually, I think it was a classic San Diego Chargers draft pick. :) Spending a pick in the top half of the draft on highly regarded players who slipped because of injury has been the Chargers' MO (McNeill, Cromartie, Waters) -- I don't recall BB ever doing it before.

(One time a lot of fans were rooting for that approach was Michael Bush at the bottom of the 3rd in 2007. The Patriots instead traded that pick away, and away, and away so that it ended up becoming Oscar Lua in 2007, 2/3 of Matt Slater in 2008, and 2/3 of Ron Brace in 2009.)

Obviously I have no idea what I am talking about....

You called yourself out :) Not sure I've ever seen that here before. Well done!

Dude, that's harsh! Cut poor robertweathers some slack. ;)

You called yourself out :) Not sure I've ever seen that here before. Well done!

History has shown that WRs who suffer major knee injuries just need a bit more time to get back to their origional level of play than say QBs. Plus, being a rookie WR in this offense where there hasn't been a strong track record of newbies coming in and contributing in the passing game was another factor in my assesment. Just going by that. Never questioned Tate's skills...

What this kid has done in his rehab and the fact that BB and the staff have the confidence that he can contribute THIS YEAR is amazing to me. Part of it may be that Edelman is hurt and the Galloway failure has accelorated the timetable for Tate's return, but at the end of the day if BB didn't think the kid couldn't handle it mentally and physically, he simply would not be out there. I am convined of that.

Last edited:
Dude, that's harsh! Cut poor robertweathers some slack. ;)

Been married too long...Accustomed to being wrong most of the time. :D

Hah! You think you can fool us all, but no you cannot!
Obviously robertweathers is a Belichick sock puppet spreading disinformation to confuse the other 31 teams.

I'm forwarding this to [email protected]

Hah! You think you can fool us all, but no you cannot!
Obviously robertweathers is a Belichick sock puppet spreading disinformation to confuse the other 31 teams.

I'm forwarding this to [email protected]

:D

"vs Miami, He won't make a single catch"

Box Log-11/8/09
Tate- 4 catches, 67 yards, 1TD.

History has shown that WRs who suffer major knee injuries just need a bit more time to get back to their origional level of play than say QBs. Plus, being a rookie WR in this offense where there hasn't been a strong track record of newbies coming in and contributing in the passing game was another factor in my assesment. Just going by that. Never questioned Tate's skills...

What this kid has done in his rehab and the fact that BB and the staff have the confidence that he can contribute THIS YEAR is amazing to me. Part of it may be that Edelman is hurt and the Galloway failure has accelorated the timetable for Tate's return, but at the end of the day if BB didn't think the kid couldn't handle it mentally and physically, he simply would not be out there. I am convined of that.

You're right. I too was not expecting to see Tate activated for a while. The fact that he is on the field in passing situations, considering where he had to come from this year is amazing to me. He might be the very opposite of what hurt Chad Jackson. Work ethic, film junkie, etc. It's encouraging at least. I don't want to go over board, we'll see if he can make a difference.

You're right. I too was not expecting to see Tate activated for a while. The fact that he is on the field in passing situations, considering where he had to come from this year is amazing to me. He might be the very opposite of what hurt Chad Jackson. Work ethic, film junkie, etc. It's encouraging at least. I don't want to go over board, we'll see if he can make a difference.

Given his unexpected early rookie (and w/o training camp, the Chad Jackson excuse mantra) appearance in the lineup, I think we can infer that he impressed the coaching staff with his rehab effort AND his attention to learning the playbook. I'll surmise that he impressed Brady and got Tom's recommendation that he be put in the lineup.

Last edited:
Aiken has provided great YAC but in my opinion he's more valuable in the kicking game (ST). If Tate can digest the offense he would be able to stretch the field as a true number 3 and provide more single coverage to Moss.

Why is him being good in the kicking game a negative as a WR? Being good in the kicking game isn't stopping Welker or Edelman, or Merriweather at S.

Yeah. I was thinking that as well. The athleticism is there, but the knowledge of the offense is not. Still, even knowing that, how impressed are you with his ability to get open and beat coverage deep? The knowledge will come and what better time for him to come in for his first game then the game preceding the bye week? :cool:

Tate definitely did turn the wrong way, but I don't think theres any chance that he catches the ball. The best case it Talib runs into him and gets PI. Tate screwed up, but it was a bad throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots