PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Tate vs. Randy Moss: Who will have better stats at the end of the year?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will be better this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Current stats. Also note, Moss will be playing 17 regular season games this year while Tate will be playing 16.

Brandon Tate
11 receptions
135 Yards (12.3 AVG)
0 TDs

Randy Moss
9 receptions
139 Yards (15.4 AVG)
3 TDs

You think Brady forced the ball to Moss? Imagine what Favre is going to try to do. I have a feeling we're going to see a LOT of deep bomb INTs from Favre just throwing it up to Moss this season at a crazy rate. It will actually be very funny.

I also think they'll have huge games as well, obviously.

Last edited:
Moss will put up big numbers in Minnesota. Vikings have Peterson in their backfield which will keep the opposing defenses safeties honest and allow for Moss to get over the top of them quite easily. Favre throws a pretty good deep ball too.

You should count target and interception numbers, imo. Those 9 receptions came on 22 targets and there were also 2 picks on Moss targets. I'm guessing Tate has had less than 22 targets and I know that none of Brady's picks were Tate targets.

Are you soft? Anyone who thinks Tate has a chance to out-produce Moss is off their rocker.

Are you soft? Anyone who thinks Tate has a chance to out-produce Moss is off their rocker.

I voted Moss, just trying to make the question interesting, though.

For those who think Tate, let's not forget the great numbers Moss had even when Matt Cassel was throwing to him.

Current stats. Also note, Moss will be playing 17 regular season games this year while Tate will be playing 16.

Yes, but Tate will be playing in three or four post season games. I am going to count the post season stats that Tate will accumulate on the way to winning the Lombardi and say his overall stats including the post-season will be greater than Moss's stats.

You all assume that it will be Favre throwing it to him by Week 13 and not Jackson or whoever. That said, I'm still saying Moss, because I'm not expecting anyone Pats receiver to put up huge numbers.

Yes, but Tate will be playing in three or four post season games. I am going to count the post season stats that Tate will accumulate on the way to winning the Lombardi and say his overall stats including the post-season will be greater than Moss's stats.

Hopefully Tate has better production than Moss in the SB when we are playing Moss' team this year :D

Moss will get the stats, but Favre will still be throwing picks and will be losing to the Lions soon

Are we counting special teams :)

Hopefully Tate has better production than Moss in the SB when we are playing Moss' team this year :D

Uhh, the playoffs arent really looking that great at this point...

Randy Moss. I've seen nothing from Brandon Tate to make me think that he'll be the burner deep threat for us that Randy Moss has been for the last three years. So I guess I'll take the safe bet and go with Moss. I would love to be wrong, though.

Uhh, the playoffs arent really looking that great at this point...

playoffs.jpg

Moss will get the stats, but Favre will still be throwing picks and will be losing to the Lions soon

When do the Vikings ever lose to the Lions? Your thought process is terrible (no offence)

Randy Moss will have better stats. I just want the Pats to have more wins than the Vikings or the Jets for that matter.

The Vikes have one of the best RBs in the game and a QB who has wanted for YEARS to throw to Moss. Moss will have a huge statistical year. Tate will have his best year so far this year (heh) but with our focus on spreading it around, he won't be able to match a Moss being fed by Favre.

Is the question "who will be better?" or "who will have better stats?" Those 2 things are not the same.

This thread is ridiculous.Moss will be rejuvinated and not think about his contract.Moss hands down.

Brandon Tate
11 receptions
135 Yards (12.3 AVG)
0 TDs

Randy Moss
9 receptions
139 Yards (15.4 AVG)
3 TDs

You think Brady forced the ball to Moss? Imagine what Favre is going to try to do. I have a feeling we're going to see a LOT of deep bomb INTs from Favre just throwing it up to Moss this season at a crazy rate. It will actually be very funny.

I also think they'll have huge games as well, obviously.

your pessimism is actually very useful and logical...... Farve will definately try to wing it to Moss in any circumstance.

Brett will continue to break records.... (his own interception record) I will laugh:singing::)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes