PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Tate at home reflecting on home life and as a New England Patriot

Status
Not open for further replies.
They better not have ruined his knee by rushing him back.
:mad:
They rushed Mayo too, whilst the crowing here was "look how fast he recovers! Wow, that's a Patriot for ya!", like his "miraculous" healing time was due to what a warrior he is. Yeah, how'd that work out? Played crappy the rest of the year and now we have to worry about whether or not his career is over.

They rushed Mayo too, whilst the crowing here was "look how fast he recovers! Wow, that's a Patriot for ya!", like his "miraculous" healing time was due to what a warrior he is. Yeah, how'd that work out? Played crappy the rest of the year and now we have to worry about whether or not his career is over.

There is no evidence to support the notion that the team was pushing/forcing either player to return.

There is no evidence to support the notion that the team was pushing/forcing either player to return.

And there is even LESS than no evidence to say his "career might be over". Give me a break, SanAngelo...

Who the hell is worrying whether Mayo's career is over?

Moreover, there is no evidence to support the notion that somehow this was a career-ending injury, or that his return has in any way jeopardized his career.

So Mayo allegedly played hurt all season... What makes you think his career may be over?.

Its not like Mayo played on a completely torn ACL he had an injury but lack of production could have been because he had several new teammates around him and suffered the dreaded sophomore slump many a player go through in thier second season - He will be fine.

No one is predicting a HOF career for Mayo based on a great rookie career so maybe he will be a force again and maybe he won't,but it won't be because the Pats forced him out there early :rolleyes:

He tore his ACL, and we brought him back too early resulting in some level of injury, and that's supposed to mean that he's chronically injury prone? I don't understand the rationale. Bring any player back from injury too soon and their risk of re-injury increases astronomically. The Pats are lucky that their stupid doesn't seem to have caused a major injury.

That hasn't stopped people from *****ing about Maroney being injury prone.

Great post. If Tate is back he should compete as the number four or five and work up from there. He is like a UDFA until the Pats can find out if he can play because of injury,........ or just play period. Who says he is not going down the Bethel Johnson path (nice kid) or Chad Jackson who just did not get it?Right now he is as sure of a thing as the WR we are going to Draft of the FA we are going to pick up.\/QUOTE]

No, hes nothing like a UDFA. He's had the playbook, been in the lockerroom, and been watching film for a year now.

NFL's Tate comes home | tate, powerhouse, home - Top News - Burlington Times News

Nice short story of this kid and how much of a pleasant person he is in his hometown.

The kid has character and lots of upside,I can only hope that injuries do not decide his pro fate before he has a chance to go out there and prove others wrong who passed up on this kid though the first few rounds.

I am expecting Tate to be our 3rd or 4th receiver in 2010 depending on the status of Welker

I wonder, did Tate partake of his medicinal marijuana before or after the reception at church?
Not that there's anything wrong with it, of course; just not within a month of the Combine, genius.

Two parts of the article caught my attention:

- "While Tate rehabbed his right knee, the receiver-rich Patriots thought enough of his skills to draft him in the third round in 2009."
Receiver-rich? That's a good one. This Boyer fellow obviously didn't see any games this past season; or he purposely lied to make his subject look better to his readers.

- "Tar Heels receivers’ coach Charlie Williams agrees. “He’s a truly dynamic athlete. He’s special with the ball in his hands,” Williams told www.thepatriots.com. “He’s elusive, quick and fast enough to take it the distance. Regardless of how he develops as a receiver, he’ll be a very dangerous return threat at the very least.”
The bolded line doesn't exactly sound like a ringing endorsement from his own position coach. A Freudian slip, methinks; and that's not promising.

Regarding Tate's future with the NEP, I agree with DWToys: Bill needs to treat him as a Non-Person when he ass-esses the WR position. So what if he's studied the playbook & attended meetings? Bethel Johnson did so, too, and he had the benefit of his last 2 seasons not ending with major knee injuries.

I also agree with Dynasty that we need at least 2 more WR during the off-season: a vet #2 who can line-up wide opposite The Ratio, and a top-65-caliber rookie who will replace the aforementioned Ratio in 2011. I would also like to see local dude Kassim Osgood signed to replace Sam I Am(not) Aiken, and a developmental WR chosed in the 7th round or as a priority UDFA.

Last edited:
I don't know if he ever publicly claimed such, but the result's the same: his 2007 season was unfortunately ruined because he wasn't placed on PUP for at least the first 6 weeks of the season, after his foot injury in the training room during pre-TC workouts.

The excuses keep on coming. This is football ladies, and injuries are part fo the game. Do you really think Tate wasen't cleared to play by a doctor?

Some guys are just injury prone and unfortunatly, Tate might be one of those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes