PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Spikes: Tough, Physical Punishing Hits....

Status
Not open for further replies.
What impresses me even more than the way he crushes running backs is the way he blows up pulling guards in the hole. Those guys are over 300#, and he just stops them in their tracks, and even after the violent collision, he still is able to get his hands on the running back.

What impresses me even more than the way he crushes running backs is the way he blows up pulling guards in the hole. Those guys are over 300#, and he just stops them in their tracks, and even after the violent collision, he still is able to get his hands on the running back.

Yup. It's incredible. He does the same thing when he is used to blitz. He may not always get to the QB, but he disruptive enough to open things up for everyone else. He's explosive.

He also had a tipped pass.

Overall, you have to appreciate the intensity and attitude he brings to the D. He does to the backer corp what Mankins does to the OL with the nastiness he brings. It is infectious.
The Defense feeds off his energy like you said the intensity rises when hes out there.

There just isnt enough praise to go around on this game. My mind is still blown.

Brady, Bolden, Ridley, Gronk, Welker, Spikes, Vince, and McCourty.

All had not just good games, GREAT GAMES! (yes, I'm willing to overlook the Gronk/Welker fumbles)

But yes, Spikes was certainly a part of that, being a beast in the middle forcing two fumbles. I also recall a great pass defense that he had on Chandler right down the middle. Yes, that's right, the Pats actually did stop one of those plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back