PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Spikes: Tough, Physical Punishing Hits....

Status
Not open for further replies.
great...YOU think he took the pipe today...PB 12 thinks he has to "step it up"... I've watched all four games, three of them on tape and ALL 22 and I have to say ,the kid excites me...maybe I'm too old to understand what goes for quality in today's NFL...to me he passes the "look" test as good or better than any Pats rookie I've seen the last few years....maybe to make up for it, I'll post a "We Should Have Moved Up And Grabbed Coples" thread....will that make you guys happier???

that's three times in three threads that you've crapped on Chandler Jones today...do you NOT watch the games and just make up garbage later on?...you pick a player and then post lies about him?...the Pats had 2 sacks today in a 52 to 28 win...Chandler Jones had one of them...it was a HUGE play...he leads the Pats D linemen in tackles and sacks...he sacked Flacco for a 15 yard loss that would have dramatically changed the game last week, called back on a 5 yard "hold" that never existed..a total phantom...and all you do is go off about how he has to "step it up" ....I have no idea who the hell you are comparing him to on the Pats that he has to "step it up!" to...mainly because I think you're yakking out of your pie shredder and don't know what you're talking about.

You forgot to mention the Stat of being held by Oher on every play last week. Cant believe someone said he needs to be more effective. He is so far ahead of my expectations it makes my head spin.

great...YOU think he took the pipe today...PB 12 thinks he has to "step it up"... I've watched all four games, three of them on tape and ALL 22 and I have to say ,the kid excites me...maybe I'm too old to understand what goes for quality in today's NFL...to me he passes the "look" test as good or better than any Pats rookie I've seen the last few years....maybe to make up for it, I'll post a "We Should Have Moved Up And Grabbed Coples" thread....will that make you guys happier???

Did I not explain to you what my thoughts were adequately? Did I not also implore you to look at ALL of my previous posts about Chandler Jones? You will see that I have done nothing but ride the kid's jock (sorry to be vulgar) all TC, preseason, and early in the regular season. I even predicted in the preseason that I think the kid will get double-digit sacks this season as a rookie. Is there something really wrong with saying a rookie needs to be more consistently effective? Someone reading just your overreaction responses would think I just called the kid the worse pass rusher in NFL history. Newsflash: YOU CAN SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT ALMOST ALL OF THE PATRIOT PLAYERS AT THE MOMENT. The team is 2-2 for a reason. As Parcells says, "You are what your record says you are."

If my posts are so bad, then put me on ignore. I don't give a *****. Otherwise, stop mixing me up with other people on other boards. This is the only message board in my life that I even post on. Stop mentioning me in your posts if you refuse to look at my history regarding this topic. The information is out there. Get informed before you start putting peoples' names in your responses. Fair enough?

Last edited:
relax..I don't think your posts are "bad!!"...my opinion is you either didn't watch last week or somehow missed the ten or so blatant holds by an overmatched Oher that were NOT called AND the possible game changing sack near the end of the game by Jones that was negated by something that NEVER EXISTED!! He made a HUGE play right then and right there...are you dismissing it because the "officials" called something that didn't exist?

Now Woolster thinks he's a bum because he was handled today for 5 tackles and a sack, mainly because a certain O lineman left the game...THAT'S football...that doesn't NEGATE what Jones ended up doing!!!!

relax..I don't think your posts are "bad!!"...my opinion is you either didn't watch last week or somehow missed the ten or so blatant holds by an overmatched Oher that were NOT called AND the possible game changing sack near the end of the game by Jones that was negated by something that NEVER EXISTED!! He made a HUGE play right then and right there...are you dismissing it because the "officials" called something that didn't exist?

Now Woolster thinks he's a bum because he was handled today for 5 tackles and a sack, mainly because a certain O lineman left the game...THAT'S football...that doesn't NEGATE what Jones ended up doing!!!!

I was very relaxed in my initial response to your BS. Then you persisted and now I'm a bit on the defensive for sure. I don't even know why you keep bringing up the Baltimore game. I never even said anything specifically regarding that game today. We all know that game was poorly officiated, so I've never held anything against any player for that debacle. Again, had you gone back and read my posts, you'd have seen that I mentioned the holding EVERY SINGLE TIME IT HAPPENED. I am well aware that all of our D-Linemen were being mauled in the Baltimore game. It was just too obvious. Jones wasn't even the only victim of it, so why would I ever single out his performance?

Whatever, though. You'll continue to post this stuff, so I am wasting my time. If you think I don't like the kid, then that's your dysfunction. I know how I feel about the kid and so does anyone else that actually reads above a fifth-grade level. Post whatever you want about this topic. I'm done responding. Good night.

Last edited:
good...that means you're done re-editing too.

This guy is turning into everything we'd hoped from Mayo in terms of play making ability. I hear some pundits say he might get a fine for that block on Chandler which, I'm not sure if I agree with but, if he does I almost couldn't care less. This defence has lacked this aggressiveness for a long, long time...probably since 2003/2004 and we're seeing the strong physical play again...intimidating play.

Teams didn't want to play our defence back then...we need to get back to that.

Just rewatched the game, Glenn eats Jones lunch all game long. It was getting bad enough that tried flip flopping him with ninko a bit before Glenn went down. The sack was a product of Cunningham (great game btw) beating the replacement guard like a rented mule.

Ate his lunch? Sure he did. Jones beat Glenn for the sack. I don't care how it happened Glenn was beat by his man. Oh and lets just forget about Jones making the big 3rd and 2 stop of Fred Jackson at the Pats 38. He was a big part of stopping the run today and there were some pressures as well. I just got done rewatching the first quarter so I don't know what you were watching when it came to ownage. I don't recall 1 time Jones and Niko flip flopping.

Ate his lunch? Sure he did. Jones beat Glenn for the sack. I don't care how it happened Glenn was beat by his man. Oh and lets just forget about Jones making the big 3rd and 2 stop of Fred Jackson at the Pats 38. He was a big part of stopping the run today and there were some pressures as well. I just got done rewatching the first quarter so I don't know what you were watching when it came to ownage. I don't recall 1 time Jones and Niko flip flopping.

I do believe there were a few plays in the game when they did flip sides, but I don't think that had anything to do with Glenn stalling Jones. I think it was just something the Pats saw in Buffalo's formation and tried to exploit. I, like you, don't think I really know what Woolster is talking about. I'll watch the game again when I have some time on Tuesday afternoon to see what I can see.

Chandler "needs to step it up" Jones. Something like that before it was edited. What is anyone suppose to think when they read that except you're dissapointed?

Were you talking about mccourty and wrote it next to Jones instead?

Chandler "needs to step it up" Jones. Something like that before it was edited. What is anyone suppose to think when they read that except you're dissapointed?

I will respond to you. I never ever ever ever put "needs to step it up." That's you paraphrasing someone who incorrectly paraphrased me to begin with. What I did put was that I thought he could be more "effective" in spurts. If you watch him in the games, there have been large periods of time where he was held reasonably in check in between the flashy plays that he's made. Again, there is ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with saying that about a rookie. He has outperformed many of the players on the NE defense.

Furthermore, I did edit my post as to not cause any confusion as to what I was trying to say. When you have people who can't read a comment for what it is, and in Joker's case, COMPLETELY confuse one poster with another, then that type of action seems necessary. I apparently have to do such a thing because anything less than complete praise of any NE player, even when not meant to be insulting to the player or any of the player's fanboys, is apparently cause to get reamed on the board. You all can think I have something against the kid if you choose to do so. The sad thing is I have a post history a mile long where I've done nothing but fawn over the kid. It's lazy to attack someone in a single thread when both of you are clearly wrong and the very person you're attacking is inviting you to take a look at what he's posted regarding the subject many times in the very recent past. It's pathetic.

We have a great trio right here. mayo, spikes and hightower. damn our LB corp is awesome.
if dane fletcher wouldnt be injured our depth was even better. too bad our secondary sucks bad.

We have a great trio right here. mayo, spikes and hightower. damn our LB corp is awesome.
if dane fletcher wouldnt be injured our depth was even better. too bad our secondary sucks bad.

Yeah, this LB corp looks really good at the moment. They all bring different things to the table, which I think is an awesome thing. I look for continued growth from each player, even Mayo. Hightower actually seems like he can be both Mayo and Spikes rolled in one. He has the all-around game of Jerod and the nastiness and big-play ability of Spikes. He's a beast. This past draft class will be considered one of the best should the young guns (Jones, Hightower, Wilson) continue to improve as the season moves along.

Vince Wilfork approves this thread:

"He had a huge game. I mean, he caused two, three fumbles. One was on the goal line, that was huge, that was seven points," Wilfork said. "He's coming into his own, he's becoming an elite player, and you know what, we're going to need that from everybody."

Hard-hitting Brandon Spikes gives New England Patriots' defense edge - ESPN Boston

Seriously, this is a strong statement from someone of Vince's stature. Spikes is becoming something special indeed. The D just has a different feel and aggressiveness when he's in the lineup.

Chandler comes from a second tier NCAA program, and has to learn more than many, as opposed to coming from Alabama or LSU ... there is nothing I do not like about this kid, he is getting bigger, stronger, "NFL smarter" and most importantly a consistent force on his spot...

But back to the topic, Spikes is playing really well, he cah impact parts of the game.. but, denigrating Mayo is shortsighted, as he directs the D while on the field.. when you watch the evolution of Mayo, initially he had to make too many tackles.. now he is in a different role, and this team is better across the front 7, so what he does is different...

Vince Wilfork approves this thread:

Hard-hitting Brandon Spikes gives New England Patriots' defense edge - ESPN Boston

Seriously, this is a strong statement from someone of Vince's stature. Spikes is becoming something special indeed. The D just has a different feel and aggressiveness when he's in the lineup.

Spikes is my favorite player on D because of his intensity and passion that he brings to the field every play. Gotta say he's pretty clutch and has come up with big turnovers in key moments in recent games. I'd also like to point out that Vince nearly killed Donald Jones...

Also Spikes block on McCourty's 2nd INT! Love-esq from last season!

he is playing very well and yesterday he was simply great

great game...together with Vince and Mc Courty yesterday a good 'trio'

bravo !

Last edited:
Chandler comes from a second tier NCAA program, and has to learn more than many, as opposed to coming from Alabama or LSU ... there is nothing I do not like about this kid, he is getting bigger, stronger, "NFL smarter" and most importantly a consistent force on his spot...

But back to the topic, Spikes is playing really well, he cah impact parts of the game.. but, denigrating Mayo is shortsighted, as he directs the D while on the field.. when you watch the evolution of Mayo, initially he had to make too many tackles.. now he is in a different role, and this team is better across the front 7, so what he does is different...
:ugh: Please tell me this is not in response to what I typed. Please tell me that the board really isn't this bad. Please tell me that my statement that I look for continued growth from even Mayo is not what illicited this part of your post. It really can't be this difficult to be a poster here. Every little thing is taken completely out of context and twisted and turned into something that it was not intended to be. So I guess anything other than "this guy is perfect" or "this guy has no room for improvement and will be a first ballot HOFer" is viewed as a slight or disrespect or the poster is insatiable. That's all it takes to "denigrate" a player on this board? The overreaction is just plain ludicrous at this point.

I'm going to have to start every post that isn't all praise with a disclaimer of some sort. I have now been chided for saying things about two of my favorite players on the da*m team, Chandler and Jerod . . . things that were never disrespectful or even a slight in the first place. Because even when I try to explain what I mean or even when I'm falsely accused, I still can't seem to get through to some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots