PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Spikes suspended for banned substance for 4 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat chung was also missing from practice yesterday, if something similor happened with him.....well.......****.
Chung was at practice today.

Spikes played about a dozen or so snaps the other night...not sure how anyone could tie a 45-3 victory to that.

i know but you think the mediots will point that out ?not to mention he made a pick too..i know its nothing to do with his banned substance but thats how he will be painted for sadly..

i know but you think the mediots will point that out ?not to mention he made a pick too..i know its nothing to do with his banned substance but thats how he will be painted for sadly..

Fair enough.

And for one reason why Spikes wouldn't appeal this - the timing obviously sucks. If he appeals and loses, he misses playoff games, no?

pats couldve used mckenzie now i think...

Also, epic fail by Stacey James and the Patriots PR for not getting a release out about this before Rapp could get the story out. You gotta be on top of these things and control the spin. It's not good for the organization or the player to have speculation. The steroids tag is going to be associated with this now - even when, at some point, we'll learn its another substance.

Last edited:
Fair enough.

And for one reason why Spikes wouldn't appeal this - the timing obviously sucks. If he appeals and loses, he misses playoff games, no?

iam sure its a team decision not to appeal. BB rarely appeals such stuff... just take your lumps and adjust

Ok.....

Bears - No Spikes is bad news, because the Bears will run the ball.

Packers - No Spikes shouldn't matter much, since they can't run a lick.

Bills - No Spikes shouldn't be fatal. The Bills suck, and Guyton's speed should actually help with a guy like Spiller.

Dolphins - No Spikes is bad news, because the Dolphins will run the ball.

Seems to me that this should only be an issue for the bookend games. It does add a little bit of extra reasoning for getting a first round bye, though.

Also, epic fail by Stacey James and the Patriots PR for not getting a release out about this before Rapp could get the story out. You gotta be on top of these things and control the spin.

not sure...i think even the rodney suspension was first reported by schefter .... fwiw they controlled it all week and thankfully no more press conf before the game sunday...

It's Santonio Holmes's favorite banned substance

not sure...i think even the rodney suspension was first reported by schefter .... fwiw they controlled it all week and thankfully no more press conf before the game sunday...

But the Rodney thing was as bad as it looked (HGH) so it made very little difference. We don't know that's the case here.

Chung is at practice today. If he was suspended, he wouldn't be there.

It's Santonio Holmes's favorite banned substance

I'd be OK with that. It would show a huge lack of maturity on his part (or rather, lack of commitment to the team), but at least he can't get the "cheater" tag for that.

Last edited:
Ok.....

Bears - No Spikes is bad news, because the Bears will run the ball.

Packers - No Spikes shouldn't matter much, since they can't run a lick.

Bills - No Spikes shouldn't be fatal. The Bills suck, and Guyton's speed should actually help with a guy like Spiller.

Dolphins - No Spikes is bad news, because the Dolphins will run the ball.

Seems to me that this should only be an issue for the bookend games. It does add a little bit of extra reasoning for getting a first round bye, though.

who do we have for depth at ILB after guyton...maybe they will let some safeties play LBs with Page being back

who do we have for depth at ILB after guyton...maybe they will let some safeties play LBs with Page being back

Yeah. It's really only killer in the base D, which follows along Deus' breakdown. We can make up for it in any other formation regardless of ILB thanks to that depth at other positions.

Granted, DL isn't all that deep at the moment either.

Last edited:
Quick test for pats fans : what will BB say about this on monday ? :)

I'd be OK with that. It would show a huge lack of maturity on his part (or rather, lack of commitment to the team), but at least he can't get the "cheater" tag for that.

Please, some Jet fan already called WEEI and through out the cheater tag. :rolleyes: When they called him on the Holmes and Pace 4 games suspensions, he claimed that he didn't know. :rolleyes:

I wonder if Spikes happened to get selected in the random drug testing that the league does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back