PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Spikes pokes the bear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say anything you want about fans and how you hated it here. And how you are going to beat the Pats. But never compare making 3M dollars to being a slave.

Say anything you want about fans and how you hated it here. And how you are going to beat the Pats. But never compare making 3M dollars to being a slave.

My immediate reaction to that tweet was "Well I guess Brandon skipped out on English 101 at Gainesville because he is clearly confused by what the term slave means".

Another ill-conceived draft pick that placed too much stock in Urban Meyer's recommendations. Hernandez, Cunningham, Spikes... if only we could have gone into that draft without Meyer sitting in the war room, holding Belichick's hand.

Was he really that miserable here? Did he really hate Belichick that much? Between his "It's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun" comment and this, seems like he just hated being in Foxboro.

Meh... he's using popular/timely sayings to have a good time. Reading more into them is wasted time.

Once you start complaining about how he's using "slave", you've shown that you're just looking for something to be offended by.

Another ill-conceived draft pick that placed too much stock in Urban Meyer's recommendations. Hernandez, Cunningham, Spikes... if only we could have gone into that draft without Meyer sitting in the war room, holding Belichick's hand.

He did a lot of good things here but he never developed into the three-down player he said he was trying to become. Anyone remember him claiming that was his goal in the offseason a couple of years ago?

The only really bad pick there is Cunningham.

Who cares? :rolleyes:
One thing I have learned over the years, is to pay little attention to idiot millionaire athletes who run their mouths first and regret it later. Let the guy tweet in peace.

Spikes was a good pick. They got more out of him that the norm for the area of the draft he was chosen.
Same for Prisoner #8734231

I really don't care what Spikes says. He has always been a goofball, but the "4 years a slave" tweet is a bit much. Nothing like trivializing one of the worst atrocities in U.S. history by comparing it to his miserable time as a Patriot.

First and ten for the patriots, Brady back to pass, there goes Vareen in the flat, he catches it, Spikes is in pursuit, Vareen is to the forty, the thirty, the twenty, he could go all the way!!!

Spikes can bring the wood, but he really should remember that the Bills have (wait, i'm thinking, I'm thinking) Oh yeah. A.J. Manuel as their QB.

Hernandez was a good pick. He did more in his time here than most fourth round picks do in their entire NFL career. No one could have expected that he was a murderer.

Spikes was good pick. He would have been a great pick if he came into the league 5 years earlier. The problem is he came into the league just before hard hitting, run stuffing LBers became insignificant in the NFL.

Cunningham was a bad pick, but Meyers didn't understand what Belichick saw in him. He never recommended Cunningham to Belichick.

Once you start complaining about how he's using "slave", you've shown that you're just looking for something to be offended by.

I think it is pathetic any athlete uses the word slave when the make millions of dollars. That word should never be used by anyone like him. What was he stuck being 4 years a slave doing?

Did he get paid? Yep
Was he forced to work for the New England Patriots? Nope could work any job he wants outside of the NFL.

It is just a plain stupid,ignorant comment.

I am not offended personally, but I do think it is stupid to trivialize slavery by comparing his time getting paid millions of dollars being a professional athlete. I am sure if a white athlete made that joke, it would be a huge deal and make the regular news not just ESPN.

I think Brandon Spikes is technically a little kid who doesn't really know who he is.

If he just did those tweets, I'd have no problem with it.

However, coming a month after THIS interview, it's obviously Brandon Spikes is a confused juvenile.

For his sake, I hope schizo meds are approved by the NFL.

New England Patriots linebacker Brandon Spikes: 'It's time for a fresh start' - NFL Videos

Watch the video - - then read today's tweets. Can anyone take this clown seriously?

I think it is pathetic any athlete uses the word slave when the make millions of dollars. That word should never be used by anyone like him. What was he stuck being 4 years a slave doing?

Did he get paid? Yep
Was he forced to work for the New England Patriots? Nope could work any job he wants outside of the NFL.

It is just a plain stupid,ignorant comment.

I agree. I don't really care what Spikes has to say now that he isn't a Patriot anymore, but he isn't making himself look good with Tweets like that.

I think Brandon Spikes is technically a little kid who doesn't really know who he is.

If he just did those tweets, I'd have no problem with it.

However, coming a month after THIS interview, it's obviously Brandon Spikes is a confused juvenile.

For his sake, I hope schizo meds are approved by the NFL.

New England Patriots linebacker Brandon Spikes: 'It's time for a fresh start' - NFL Videos

Being the devil's advocate there are many people like Spikes in all walks of life. Few people are appreciative of anything, and are quick to dance on the grave of any ended relationship. Spikes just happens to have a large group of people paying attention to his opinions and idiosyncrasies.

I really don't care what Spikes says. He has always been a goofball, but the "4 years a slave" tweet is a bit much. Nothing like trivializing one of the worst atrocities in U.S. history by comparing it to his miserable time as a Patriot.

Yeah, if he hated 4 years of being a slave in Foxboro, he will absolutely despise the next few years of being a Holocaust victim in Buffalo. ;)

I think he mad bro.

just curious, how much longer are we going to be doing the whole "slavery" thing?

Seriously, I mean, I can count the number of times on one hand that I've seen a young Jewish person freak out over the numerous times the Jewish religion has been enslaved, and mass murdered.

It's been 150+ years. since half of this god damned country fought to end slavery, and to be perfectly honest, I'm over people trying to guilt all white people with it.

I had nothing to do with Slavery, I'd have to go back what 10 generations to find a family member that MIGHT have played a role, POSSIBLY negatively.

It happened, it was pretty ******* bad, but get the hell over it.

/end rant:bricks:

P.s. I hope we destroy the bills, I hope we bury them so far in the ground they start over again next year with another new coaching staff.

He'll be a Jet next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey