Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brandon Spikes' Clutchness

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by MrNathanDrake, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrNathanDrake

MrNathanDrake Rookie

Ratings:
    +119 / 4 / -7

#95 Jersey

Clutch forced fumble today in last minute of the game. Forcing a fumble was the ONLY thing that could've given us a chance to win, and he did it.

Clutch INT in playoffs vs. Ravens last year

Redzone INT in big game vs. Jets 2 years ago.

He comes up big when he's needed most. :rocker: Love the way this defense is shaping up.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  2. JJDChE

JJDChE Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That was extremely impressive. It wasn't an accident either, he stuck his helmet right in there. Even so, I can't believe Williams let go. That's death grip time.
  3. MrNathanDrake

MrNathanDrake Rookie

Ratings:
    +119 / 4 / -7

#95 Jersey

Spikes FF should've lead to a Patriots Victory. Weather it was from Woodheads TD or from a Gost FG.... Spikes wouldve been the hero of the game.
  4. Bobs My Uncle

Bobs My Uncle PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I believe Spikes is the most clutch player on the Pats defense. Maybe Wilson could give him a run for his money shortly?
  5. MrNathanDrake

MrNathanDrake Rookie

Ratings:
    +119 / 4 / -7

#95 Jersey

Another clutch Forced Fumble against the Buffalo Bills! Stopped them from going up 21-7 before halftime.

Spikes is on fire this year. He is that guy (like Tedy Bruschi) that comes up big when you need it the most. Makes a big play when the chips are down.
  6. MrNathanDrake

MrNathanDrake Rookie

Ratings:
    +119 / 4 / -7

#95 Jersey

Tom Brady on Spikes:

On the impact that Brandon Spikes has on the defense. "That play that (Brandon) Spikes made to knock the ball out from (C.J.) Spiller, I love being on the team with Brandon Spikes. What he does for our defense, and creating fumbles, and really the hard-hitting presence that he is in the middle of the field. Brandon brings that physical element, and to knock the ball out of Spiller like that, that was really awesome. And that's what he did against Arizona, to knock the fumble off the (running back), but that was one of the best plays that I've ever seen anyone make. He has a nose for the ball, he has a nose for knocking the ball out, and that was a huge play in the game yesterday. For Vince to be on the top of it and to recover it, that was a huge play in the game."
  7. vuudu

vuudu Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The guy really believes he can always get the ball. This is why he was so crushed when we allowed the Giants to score that late run. I heard he was inconsolable after that game, not because we lost, but the fact that he had to stand there for the opponent to score.
  8. aurakilla

aurakilla Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

if only we could get a safety like that to.........:bricks:
  9. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

Let me translate, "That play saved our season, going into the half down 24-7 would have been hard to overcome"

10. PatsBoy12

PatsBoy12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0

If anyone goes back and watches film of him at UF, then this wouldn't be a surprise. That's all he did at UF for his whole career. He was always huge, but he was especially huge in the biggest games. This is normal for him.
  11. BSR

BSR Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

I was also making the Tedy Bruschi comparison to someone the other day. There was a three year stretch where Tedy made more big plays than anyone. The guys just made big play after big play. Spikes seems to have that type of potential to me.
  12. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

Our defense is simply better when Brandon Spikes is in the game. If he can stay healthy the whole season he is going to be an impact player for us. One of BB's better second round picks on defense. Pats may only hit on 50% of their second round picks but when they do, they are really good. I mean consider the following list:

2012 Tavon Wilson
    2010 Rob Gronkowski, Brandon Spikes
    2009 Patrick Chung, Sebastian Vollmer
    2003 Eugene Wilson
    2002 Deion Branch
    2001 Matt Light

Please note the gap from 2004 to 2008 of nonimpact 2nd round picks. Kind of coincides with the Superbowl drought? Just thinking out loud.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  13. JJDChE

JJDChE Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

LB is a tough position to make the pro bowl, but I think Spikes has an outside shot. We don't have the dominant backers like the NFC does and someone finally needs to take Ray Ray's spot. I'd love to see him make it to Hawaii.
  14. ThatllMoveTheChains!!!

ThatllMoveTheChains!!! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Would've been 21-7, but agreed that play most likely saved the game. While I still think the Pats would've fought for a playoff spot with a loss... it definitely would've been an uphill battle.
  15. JJDChE

JJDChE Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yeah, we would have had to score like 35 unanswered points to get out of THAT hole...wait, what? ;)
  16. NG Pats Fan

NG Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 3 / -1

Pat Chung was not a hit. He can't cover my sister.
  17. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +346 / 6 / -7

I think Greg Cosell last year called him perhaps the most physically violent linebacker/defender in the NFL.
  18. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +119 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Not me pro bowls are cool and all and I like to see our players get their dues but I most certainly do not want to see him make it to Hawaii but would much rather see him in NOLA.
  19. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +63 / 2 / -1

But unfortunately, he ran a slow 40 time.
  20. deters

deters Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 12 / -0

He's my favorite player on defense. Guy just brings an intensity to our defense that we've lacked for a while. Hope we sign him long term soon. Loving how our defense is progression too. I'd like better play in the secondary but this years D is better than last years for sure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.