PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Spikes and A Snowy Commute In Buffalo: Match Made in Heaven! :D

National news tonight in Buffalo shows 5 feet of snow and 2 feet more expected.

Our intrepid Pats representative in the city of Buffalo reports nothing.

hmmmm.................

Preview

Holy ****, I love living in a sub-tropical climate. **** that noise.

Oh yeah? Do you utter those same words in July, August and September when you're dealing with those pesky hurricanes and that 90+ degree heat with 90% humidity? :p

serious question, do you think the bills had a practice today?

Here's a vid of Kyle Orton at training today.

hmmmm.................

Preview
It really is riding south of the city of buffalo tho.... lake effect is crazy so happy i dont work out in the Syracuse/Watertown areas anymore, nightmare.

hmmmm.................

Preview

But I showed you actual pictures and video of the city.

In all seriousness, do you think the nationwide coverage of this ridiculous snowfall could hurt the Bills' FA recruiting? There are an awful lot of southern boys in the NFL who must be thinking "No way, no how."

In all seriousness, do you think the nationwide coverage of this ridiculous snowfall could hurt the Bills' FA recruiting? There are an awful lot of southern boys in the NFL who must be thinking "No way, no how."
It's hard for me to imagine young athletes wanting to go to the city of Buffalo before all this press, so I don't think it makes all that much difference.

hmmmm.................

Preview
Upstater is correct, I'm in Rochester, 40 miles east of Buffalo.
Only 1" of snow.
Lake effect snow comes through in narrow bands.
Buffalo Airport got 8"
Cheektowaga got 68"
@10 miles apart.
Orchard Park is southeast of the city and got slammed.

I live here.

There is no ban in Buffalo. There's a ban in Orchard Park and West Seneca and a few other places.
Don't the Bills play in Orchard Park? Why don't they just move the game to NJ and play it Monday night ala Saint-Giants post-Katrina....

I'm just kidding around with Upstater. I've been there a bunch of times and I 've experienced the lake effect snow. That being said, Orchard Park is a white out nuke site right now. Have no idea how they'll move that much snow out of the stadium in time for the game.

I'm just kidding around with Upstater. I've been there a bunch of times and I 've experienced the lake effect snow. That being said, Orchard Park is a white out nuke site right now. Have no idea how they'll move that much snow out of the stadium in time for the game.

Now the city is getting hit. I'm experiencing my first Lake Effect since I moved here 11 years ago from Ann Arbor. Wow. No one told me this is how it is. There are funny white tufts blowing down my street. Like some giant just picked up a handful of powder and tossed it down the strett. And, this is unexpected: thundersnow! It's absolutely glorious. When lightning strikes in a whiteout, it's like Shazam! Everything lights up like a flash from a camera. It's N.V.T.S.!!

Those are some crazy pics @upstater1.

Never realized that about lake effect snow either. That's nuts.

Don't the Bills play in Orchard Park? Why don't they just move the game to NJ and play it Monday night ala Saint-Giants post-Katrina....

Could be used in an extreme situation, but I'm guessing that the fans/organization of BUF won't want to rush to the thought of losing a home game, and all of the profits that come with it.

To take it one step further, they'd probably have to pay back a lot of money those who hold tickets already, so it'd really be a last ditch choice if there's no other alternative.

Mario Williams had some douchey things to say about the Pats/Twitter gaffe last week, but this is the difference between going the extra mile and making up excuses.

For those who don't wish to watch the video, Mario Williams not only managed to clear a path out of his driveway, but he showed up at Jim Kelly's home with some heavy machinery to clear out his place as well, after Kelly (or his wife) made a comment on twitter that he was feeling some cabin fever by being snowed in.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...m-kelly-mario-williams-snowstorm-bobcat-video

Mario Williams had some douchey things to say about the Pats/Twitter gaffe last week, but this is the difference between going the extra mile and making up excuses.

For those who don't wish to watch the video, Mario Williams not only managed to clear a path out of his driveway, but he showed up at Jim Kelly's home with some heavy machinery to clear out his place as well, after Kelly (or his wife) made a comment on twitter that he was feeling some cabin fever by being snowed in.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...m-kelly-mario-williams-snowstorm-bobcat-video
The only difference between men and boys is the price of our toys. Good for Mario for helping out.

The band over my house last night lasted for 30 minutes before moving south and it dumped 3 inches on us.

It moved on maybe a couple minutes after I posted.

Sports Tonight on csnne did an "over or under" 1.5 practices missed this week by Spikes last night :D was laughing my ass off

@Ian, welcome to Florida, brotha. This is cold for us.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back