PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Marshall Stabbed

Status
Not open for further replies.
He tweeted at 4PM yesterday he was off to get a haircut...maybe when he returned she didn't see any indications he'd had one...

Maybe she didn't like it? Maybe he went for the Beiber?

When I read the tweet from Schefter, I said to my girlfriend, 'it was probably his own fault'

Reports are that he will recover and his wife was charges with domestic assault. The team doctor has permission to see him and work in hum if needs be.

Seems to me like he's in first place for this year's Irving Fryer award. :D

Last edited:
Reports are that he will recover and his wife was charges with domestic assault. The team doctor has permission to see him and work in hum if needs be.

Seems to me like he's in first place for this year's Irving Fryer award. :D
I had totally forgotten about that. What was the date? 1980? 1982?

I had totally forgotten about that. What was the date? 1980? 1982?

1986, just before the Patriots AFC Title game. Here:

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/distractions/031022.html

Quote:

Four days before the Pats faced the Dolphins in the 1986 AFC Championship Game in Miami, Irving Fryar, a wide receiver and the best punt returner in the NFL, cut two fingers and had his hand put in a cast. Pats GM Patrick Sullivan said it was a freak accident: "This morning, he was putting a kitchen knife back in the drawer ... It slipped and cut his hand."

Despite the fact that this explanation defied logic, newspapers reported it without comment.

Fryar, awho caught 39 passes and scored 10 TDs during the regular season, missed the Dolphins game but did play in the Super Bowl, scoring the Pats' lone TD.

The Boston Globe reported before the Super Bowl that the knife cut, which required six stitches, came during a fight between Fryar and his wife, Jacqueline. He knocked her down, the Globe reported, and she got up and slashed his hand. Both went to the hospital.

Fryar ended up making a remarkable turnaround in his life and enjoyed 17 years in the NFL. He retired in 2000 after 17 seasons, and is the sixth-leading receiver league history with 851 career receptions.

Interesting sidebar:

On the day before Super Bowl XXXIII in Miami, Falcons cornerback Eugene Robinson humbly accepted the Bart Starr Award from Athletes in Action, honoring his "high moral character." Hours later, an undercover cop posing as a prostitute arrested him after he agreed to exchange cash for oral sex. Robinson, after being bailed out of jail, started the game for the Falcons. But the encounter apparently took a toll. He got beat twice deep, one time by Denver's Rod Smith for an 80-yard TD.

Robinson returned the award, which, by the way, had been awarded to listmate Irving Fryar in 1998.

Unbelievable. This guy never learns. Ever. Maybe when he's dead he will start taking things a bit more seriously.

Yeah but it might be too late by then.

Hey Felger how would you like to have Marshall playing for the Patriots? Moss was an Eagle Scout compared to Marshall but that was not good enough for you And blocking; Moss was a John Hanna compared to Deion Branch. Thanks for running Moss out of town in a playoff race you douch.

Hey Felger how would you like to have Marshall playing for the Patriots? Moss was an Eagle Scout compared to Marshall but that was not good enough for you And blocking; Moss was a John Hanna compared to Deion Branch. Thanks for running Moss out of town in a playoff race you douch.

Well said. :rocker:

as soon as he heals,he's guaranteed a roster spot on the Jets...Mack Daddy Cromagnon will be tweeting like a ******ed green canary begging the wife beater to join the rest of the degenerates on the Rats...

It's rare for me to defend Felger, but Felger didn't make Moss hold those bizarre press conferences.

Moreover, it's pretty darn clear that 2010 Moss wasn't close to the same player that 2007 Moss was.

I interview many many people in correctional settings..psych units.. the true sociopath will say "he deserved it"

You've got some pretty strange ideas about the meaning of sociopath.

Fred,

If you think BB made any decisions regarding Moss based on what Felger said on his show, I'd say you take sports talk radio far too seriously.

Although Marshall is the victim here, he has a long history of domestic violence towards women. I think I believe his wife that she was defending herself.

I never wanted this guy and glad the Pats passed on him. Since he got to Miami, he has made more noise off the field from this incident to constantly calling out Chad Henne than anything he has done on the field. The guy is the ultimate "Me" player and there is no coincidence that he has never played for a team with a winning record in the NFL (ok, he did have one reception in 2006 as a rookie on a 9-7 Broncos).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes