PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Marshall (ideal fit in NE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Marshall

head case or not he's the best WR on the market and having to deal with Moss, Marshall, and eventually a healthy Wes Welker would be a nightmare for any defense in the league.

Signing Mason or any other "over the hill" players would get the job done but it wouldn't create a potentially legendary WR corps like the addition of Marshall could.

LOL The Madden faction doesn't just want to win, they want to rack up empty fantasy stats and You Tube highlight clips most of all...and they could care less if the potential exists to create a nightmare for the coaching staff and QB...

Guys we've gone woefully off topic, let's concentrate on Marshall, and decide whether his character issues are too great to be ovelooked, it's the level that matters not the specifics in this case

It's not even if his characters flaws are too great, it's more along the line, can you count on him not getting arrested within a year, because more than likely his next arrest will probably result in a full year suspension.

LOL The Madden faction doesn't just want to win, they want to rack up empty fantasy stats and You Tube highlight clips most of all...and they could care less if the potential exists to create a nightmare for the coaching staff and QB...

It has nothing to do with stats

It's more weapons for our boy Brady. What is the point of having one of the GOAT at QB if he has nobody to throw to and the position is at risk every offseason?

Marshall is a long term solution where Mason and the rest of the old guys are a bandaid on a wound.

As I have posted a few youtube clips myself I'd just like to point out that I have never once played the 'Madden' game you speak off, and IMO to use this as a reason for those that want to trade for Marshall somewhat laughable, infact no better than the faction you seem to be calling out probably.

I think you will find that people that post like you say do think about the implications, but as has happened in past years, BB and the team overcome them.

I remember the same things were being said about Randy Moss, only for the same people now saying that he didn't have issues. Same for Correy Dillon, you can't sign him he's a cancer. I tell you, the media has made the public scared, Its the way its reported now, the damning aspect of the story is the main story now.

I have listened now for three seasons what the media has spoken about Marshall, yet everytime I look at what he has done on the field I see a difference maker, someone that plays every down, tackles, blocks, the lot. I look at that, weigh up the past with what BB has done with these so called Cancers and think yeah why not take Marshall. Afterall its my feeling the majority of people that want Marshall want him because of the issue of life after Moss looking worse than what it could be with this move.

Could or couldn't care less? People tend to think the two phrases mean the same thing, but they sure as hell don't. You're saying people could care less, meaning they care somewhat. so that discredits what you're saying.

As I have posted a few youtube clips myself I'd just like to point out that I have never once played the 'Madden' game you speak off, and IMO to use this as a reason for those that want to trade for Marshall somewhat laughable, infact no better than the faction you seem to be calling out probably.

I think you will find that people that post like you say do think about the implications, but as has happened in past years, BB and the team overcome them.

I remember the same things were being said about Randy Moss, only for the same people now saying that he didn't have issues. Same for Correy Dillon, you can't sign him he's a cancer. I tell you, the media has made the public scared, Its the way its reported now, the damning aspect of the story is the main story now.

I have listened now for three seasons what the media has spoken about Marshall, yet everytime I look at what he has done on the field I see a difference maker, someone that plays every down, tackles, blocks, the lot. I look at that, weigh up the past with what BB has done with these so called Cancers and think yeah why not take Marshall. Afterall its my feeling the majority of people that want Marshall want him because of the issue of life after Moss looking worse than what it could be with this move.

Well said.

Yeah, because we want one of the top WRs in the NFL and someone to take over for Moss when he's done, it must mean we live in a fantasy world and want to emulate Madden and have sexy fantasy stats and "youtube videos".

Give me a f*ing break.

I'm ok with Marshall being in New England. Anyone think of the effect that Moss could have on him? The likelihood of this happening is pretty slim, but it's not a terrible idea at all. The guy is a gamer and battles for every yard. On the field, the guy could definitely fill the role of a Patriot player.

Where's Patjew? We need proclamations about "tendering" a "definite article" of "a wild animal".

Last edited:
Last time I looked the Pats Locker Room wasn't the same, the older respected Vets that demanded guys fall in line are gone.

People keep saying "It's worked before" using Dillon and Moss as an example, well yeah it did, but there were guys that were already there that basically kept them in line(for whatever reason), last years BS with Thomas and even Moss opening his trap this year shows me that the culture has changed, Bill doesn't seem to have the tough guys patrolling the locker room like before.

Maybe I'm missing something, but that stuff didn't happen, yet it is now.....the team didn't even have the toughness/fire it used to have, and my guess(all it is- just my opinion) is it translated onto the field..maybe Big Vince will earn that big check by backing up his tough love words from the other day, that would be nice.
Marshall IS a problem, his rap sheet and the fact that his coach benched his best offensive player when he needed him most shows me that he is.

I would really like the talented portion of Marshall, the rest can go to The Raiders.

Think he'd play well with a lobotomy? ;)

Last edited:
Last time I looked the Pats Locker Room wasn't the same, the older respected Vets that demanded guys fall in line are gone.

People keep saying "It's worked before" using Dillon and Moss as an example, well yeah it did, but there were guys that were already there that basically kept them in line(for whatever reason), last years BS with Thomas and even Moss opening his trap this year shows me that the culture has changed, Bill doesn't seem to have the tough guys patrolling the locker room like before.

Maybe I'm missing something, but that stuff didn't happen, yet it is now.....the team didn't even have the toughness/fire it used to have, and my guess(all it is- just my opinion) is it translated onto the field..maybe Big Vince will earn that big check by backing up his tough love words from the other day, that would be nice.
Marshall IS a problem, his rap sheet and the fact that his coach benched his best offensive player when he needed him most shows me that he is.

I would really like the talented portion of Marshall, the rest can go to The Raiders.

Think he'd play well with a lobotomy? ;)

I agree. This is a different team and the locker room couldn't handle Marshall. There was all sorts of talk about the locker room not being right last season, and that was because of guys like AD, who have nowhere near the baggage of Marshall.

Also, Dillon loved playing football. He hated to lose and hated playing for a loser, and spending your entire career with a dysfunctional franchise is going to have a negative impact on you. But at his core he was a pro and a winner and a guy who loved the game, and it showed when he came to NE. Ditto Moss, who has played through all sorts of injuries and done everything he can to get on the field each week.

Contrast that to Marshall, who reportedly faked injuries or milked them for as long as possible, as well as getting kicked out of TC for his childish behaviour over his contract situation. I'm not even going into the legal issues, just talking about his desire to play football, and it's not even close to the same as Moss or Dillon.

Marshall is an unbelievable talent, top 5 receiver easy, and it's easy to be blinded by that talent. And maybe he is worth the shot. Maybe the change in scenario will be good for him. But don't kid yourself in believing he's the same as Moss or Dillon. And don't think this locker room can handle him if he's going to be a prima donna.

the only concern i have is giving him a big contract. i feel moss will make a big stink about it, seeing that the writings on the wall for his departure after the season

Brandon Marshall is our one way ticket to the superbowl.

If we spend either the #1 or the high #2 w/e it takes to get him in here and we use the other 3 day one picks on defense, we are there !

Like I said, it's T.O., Marshall or bust at this point.

I am not banking on any first year drafted WR to make a major impact because the percentages are against that happening. BB blew it on Boldin and even on Stallworth, yet he can save the season if he brings in T.O. or Marshall. Anything less than this (see Josh Reed) and we are screwed !

I would replace moss with marshall, but I don't want them both here.....

Well you get the benefit of both of these great players this year, bite the bullet on the un-capped year and pay them both. Get your superbowl and then Moss walks and Brandon moves right into the #1 role in 2011. This is the perfect scenario.

Look, both guys want to win, both guys have their money. I think these two WRs would make our offense unstoppable, we could score at will.

Well you get the benefit of both of these great players this year, bite the bullet on the un-capped year and pay them both. Get your superbowl and then Moss walks and Brandon moves right into the #1 role in 2011. This is the perfect scenario.

Look, both guys want to win, both guys have their money. I think these two WRs would make our offense unstoppable, we could score at will.

only it would stop being 'score at will' late in the season just like it was in 2007

Yesterday a jury in Colorado convicted the guy Marshall tangled with three times in a nightclub to the point he went and got a gun of killing Marshall's teamate who was merely an innocent bystander in the wrong place - the vacinity of Brandon Marshall - at the wrong time.

There is no way Bill trades for this assclown that Josh is looking to rid himself of, and no way Myra's husband writes the checks to validate trading a first rounder for this thug.

Bill is in the midst of re-tooling to re-establish the correct culture in his locker room. Part of the reason for that is the loss of aging core veteran leadership over the last couple of seasons and the failure of a next generation of leaders to emerge from their shadow in a timely manner. Perhaps another is the chances Bill felt they empowered him to take over the last couple of seasons because he believed with them he had laid a foundation that could withstand challenges after they were gone. He knows better now. He needs his top tier players to be guys to whom football matters. Selfish, self-absorbed, immature, entitled talents need not apply.

Replace Moss (who never had the kind of criminal charges that Marshall has BTW) with Marshall - Marshall gets suspended - Go in to the playoffs with Aiken as your Go-To-Guy.
Genius!

The Krafts would NEVER allow Marshall to be on this team so the whole issue is an intellectual exercise at best.

The guys a cancer...TO junior.

Yeah, but think about how much fun Madden 11 would be with Moss and Marshall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes