PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Lloyd's unsportsmanlike conduct penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Blue&Red

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Last edited:
Overblown BS flag, the ref should'v tried catching it...

Lloyd was flipping the ball to the official, like players do every play. The official, though, wasn't ready or expecting it and it hit him in the chest. So, he threw the flag.

Lloyd may have been slightly irritated that the pass was called incomplete, but it's not like he chucked the ball at the refs face or anything..

The ref clearly over-reacted.

I think the ref tried to rip out his panties but got the flag instead.

It was a little hard, but doesn't deserve a flag. Maybe he also said something to draw the flag

The ref meant to pull out his doily to throw around like a prancing queen, but he accidentally grabbed the flag instead.

If he didn't say anything, that was a bad call. He did put a little extra on it, but the ref needs a better sense of the situation.

officials waited a while, i think if Lloyd were looking and said something like "sorry" the ref would have forgiven it, with the way things happened i think ref thought it was intentional

Unless Lloyd said something, that was a terrible call. Obviously the official misjudged the intent.

Even BB mouthed. "What kina bulls h i t call was that?"

BS call all the way. Ref was embaressed he couldn't catch it and decided to take it out on Lloyd. Unless Lloyd said "take that Be-iach", no way that deserves a flag.

I thought at the time he threw it left handed and I was thinking is he naturally LEFTIE or did he accidently put some extra mustard on it cause he was flipping the ball with the wrong hand. Would have to go back and look at tape to see if my memory is right. (not sure is worth my time for a minor pt).

"USC penalty?" Come on, this is a lazy title, no? Last time I checked Brandon Lloyd didn't lose any college awards because of "improper benefits."

With that said, Lloyd was clearly pissed (and that pass was all Brady's fault), and threw it a bit too hard back at the ref. Lloyd is a bit of a hot head, it's not shocking.

With that said, Lloyd was clearly pissed (and that pass was all Brady's fault), and threw it a bit too hard back at the ref. Lloyd is a bit of a hot head, it's not shocking.

Honest ?.

Based on what? .....my impression was that he didnt have a lot of fire; didnt see much hot-head in him through-out the season.

Was glad to see him get the TD and the couple of 1D signals out of him; he seemed more fired up than usual catch & lay-down.

How was he clearly pissed? Was he pounding his fist, waving his arms, getting in someones face/approaching someone in a confrontational way......any sort of demonstrated anger? Was shouting heard or his lips seen mouthing something that indicates he was very angry? From what I saw on the video, he did none of this. And in terms of NFL standards of "clearly pissed" that can be seen frequently on the field, he appeared to be a country mile from any of that. But who knows, maybe he was angry or clearly pissed at the lack of completion (or maybe something else) ....yet "clearly pissed" and what that denotes is something I did not see.

"Lloyd is a bit of a hot head"? Point to some examples of BL's time with the Patriots where he lost his cool on the field or on the sideline? How about other penalties for USC? How about several examples of after the whistle shoving matches with one of the many goading big mouths that cover receivers (who often work to specifically get under a receivers skin)? Me, I can't think of a time I have seen BL on game video where he is not going about his responsibilities the right way.....much less enough times to earn him the title of "hot head".

Honest ?.

Based on what? .....my impression was that he didnt have a lot of fire; didnt see much hot-head in him through-out the season.

Was glad to see him get the TD and the couple of 1D signals out of him; he seemed more fired up than usual catch & lay-down.

A lack of fire may be accurate depending on your definition of fire. But when you say lack of fire it (to me) denotes something negative. Sure, BL doesn't appear to get very worked up often. But to my recollection he is always plays with a good level of energy. Jumps up after a tackle quickly, typically a smile on his face, quick jogs back to the huddle, never a stop for worthless jawing with an opposing player - always right down to business. From my point of view, I have no issue at all with BL's pace/level of energy, effort or professionalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back