PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Lloyd traded to St. Louis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but his overall point is valid.
I suppose those contributions are invaluable

Ocho's headed for 24 catches this season, of which I'll bet at least 3 or 4 will be toe dragging side line catches.

I see how that could be better than a legitimate receiving threat.

Ocho's headed for 24 catches this season, of which I'll bet at least 3 or 4 will be toe dragging side line catches.

We already have legitimate receiving threats.

How many teams in the league have a #5 target who is a legitimate receiving threat?

Last edited:
He still makes spectacular catches along the sidelines with double toe drags(no one on our roster can do that)

Yea, sure. Let’s give him $5 Million to do Double Tap Toe Drags in a few games a season. :confused:

That's the kinda economics that Bill was looking for when he signed him. :bricks:

Crazy.

Let’s all hope he works out. The longer it takes him to find his way, the longer Wes is going to get lit up like a christmas tree and that's too dangerous.

That's about $1 Million a Toe Tap Catch.

I bet Dan Snyder calls Bill and congratulates him on that deal.

We already have legitimate receiving threats.

How many teams in the league have a #5 target who is a legitimate receiving threat?

Nah

We have welker and some good TEs.

Outside of those 3, Brady is throwing to a bunch of bums.

Nah

We have welker and some good TEs.

Outside of those 3, Brady is throwing to a bunch of bums.

Branch is a bum? Good to know. You should submit your resume to the Patriots FO; perhaps BB would hire you on to replace Caserio.

Pretty funny, though, that you think a guy playing in the top 5-7 at his position and the best TE duo in the league don't constitute receiving threats.

Last edited:
You're killing me

At this stage I'd wager I could be more valuable than Ocho. I'm 6'4", slow, and would probably drop most passes thrown my way.

The only difference between us is height, which I have the advantage in.

You complained about Tate; they brought in Johnson. Now you're complaining about Johnson.

Look, I'm with you in the sense that I wanted the team to go in a different direction (I wanted the team to go after Titus Young in the draft, and/or a legit middle/deep receiver), although I certainly didn't hate the Johnson deal. At this point, though, we're probably stuck watching either a veteran struggling to grasp the offense, a stiff with lousy hands and no route running skills, or a young player from a non-passing college who missed a lot of last year's learning camps and then had to deal with the lockout this year.

Given the choices, I'm going to hope Johnson keeps working hard and finally has the light go on.

Last edited:
For a 6th rounder? Really? We couldn't compete with that?

Hey....Put me in the front of the line for a defensive player.

But, we could have used this guy.

For a 6th rounder? Really? We couldn't compete with that?

Hey....Put me in the front of the line for a defensive player.

But, we could have used this guy.

I dont think the pick was the issue but rather the money we'd have to throw him in order to redo his contract.

I dont think the pick was the issue but rather the money we'd have to throw him in order to redo his contract.

Yea....I figured.

I'm curious on how much they had to tweak it

You complained about Tate; they brought in Johnson. Now you're complaining about Johnson.

Look, I'm with you in the sense that I wanted the team to go in a different direction (I wanted the team to go after Titus Young in the draft, and/or a legit middle/deep receiver). At this point, though, we're probably stuck watching either a veteran struggling to grasp the offense, a stiff with lousy hands and no route running skills, or a young player from a non-passing college who missed a lot of last year's learning camps and then had to deal with the lockout this year.

Given the choices, I'm going to hope Johnson keeps working hard and finally has the light go on.

I was thrilled by the Johnson signing, but that has been a huge disappointment. And I didn't even have high expectations for the guy.

I've made the point in several threads that all of the recent losses, and in yesterdays case the win have looked the same. Yeah Brady gets pressured, but there have been plenty of games where he gets a clean pocket for 5 or 6 seconds and just stand there with the ball. Now I'm inclined to think that Tom Brady knows what he's doing in the pocket, so the only reasonable conclusion is that nobody is open.

Aggressive defenses shut our offense down, and Brady is stuck staring at a bunch of guys who cannot get separation. This team needs somebody who can. Maybe not every game, but for moments when the little guys get locked down.

I was thrilled by the Johnson signing, but that has been a huge disappointment. And I didn't even have high expectations for the guy.

I've made the point in several threads that all of the recent losses, and in yesterdays case the win have looked the same. Yeah Brady gets pressured, but there have been plenty of games where he gets a clean pocket for 5 or 6 seconds and just stand there with the ball. Now I'm inclined to think that Tom Brady knows what he's doing in the pocket, so the only reasonable conclusion is that nobody is open.

Aggressive defenses shut our offense down, and Brady is stuck staring at a bunch of guys who cannot get separation. This team needs somebody who can. Maybe not every game, but for moments when the little guys get locked down.

I agree with what you're saying. I've been saying it since Moss was gotten rid of. I can't think of any teams with TE oriented offenses and less than stellar defenses that have won Super Bowls, so I'm not under any illusions that this team is a shoe-in to win the whole thing. I just see a team that's not likely to make moves now that Lloyd is off the board, and I don't want to see a repeat of the team axing a veteran and then going with an Aiken for the rest of the year.

Did this organization even call the broncos asking for LLoyd?This offense is very predictable.They have no vertical passing game at all.No deep threat.Thats a huge issue.Dont give me yardage stats.You could tell just by watching the dallas game yesterday.They took care of Welker and that was it.

They gave Ocho a contract and he looks totally lost and worthless!:mad:

I don't want to see a repeat of the team axing a veteran and then going with an Aiken for the rest of the year.

The one thing that's confusing with Taylor Price is, yes, we understand he played in a highschool offense in college, missed camp year 1, lockout year 2, etc.

Has he really looked lost out there when he's been on the field (preseason/dolphins week17)? He's looked pretty good, I don't get why he doesn't get the chance.

Thats wat i wanna know.Why Price is not given an opportunity.

I agree with what you're saying. I've been saying it since Moss was gotten rid of. I can't think of any teams with TE oriented offenses and less than stellar defenses that have won Super Bowls, so I'm not under any illusions that this team is a shoe-in to win the whole thing. I just see a team that's not likely to make moves now that Lloyd is off the board, and I don't want to see a repeat of the team axing a veteran and then going with an Aiken for the rest of the year.

You're right.

Given my current options, I'll keep johnson. It would be nice to see them make a play for a guy who still has something left though.

Thats wat i wanna know.Why Price is not given an opportunity.

Price did get a snap yesterday (it's just one, but it's something to start with), and people may be forgetting that Price missed several weeks with a hamstring injury. My guess is that, if he's active along with Johnson, the one making the most impact in their limited snaps will be the one getting the most snaps over time. I don't think BB will be playing favorites or coddling either player after the bye week.

Last edited:
Put him in the game.Right now he's looking like another failed pick.Seems like injuries are always a problem with the draft picks.

He still makes spectacular catches along the sidelines with double toe drags(no one on our roster can do that)

Price did this in preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back