Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brandon Lloyd meeting with 49ers: Patriots are gonna blow it

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by tricktak, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tricktak

tricktak Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

per Schefter: Brandon Lloyd will meet with the 49ers.

I've had a feeling all along the Patriots would some how blow signing Brandon Lloyd and it could very well be on the verge of happening. The 49ers will offer him more money and The Patriots will be stuck once again with Ocho and Branch next to Welker. Reggie Wayne is gone, Colston is gone, Meachem is gone, Vincent Jackson is gone. So what's left? Mario Manningham? Burress? Jerome Simpson? all underwhelming options.
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  2. Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 7 / -16

#87 Jersey

and we continue to let talent get away in FA. Okay Belichick you whifted on Adalius, big deal. Throw your hat back in the ring and get some play makers.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
  3. Sciz

Sciz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 1 / -0

1. You know what they should do? They should have this thing in like a month and a half where the different teams can pick guys from college and have them be on their teams. Maybe the Pats would prefer to participate in this "college picking players thingie."

2. Have you been following the Meachem story at all tonight?

3. Do we even know that the Pats are interested?
  4. wcpatsfan

wcpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree that they are in trouble at the WR position if they don't get Lloyd.

Branch is old.

Ocho sucks.

They can't draft WRs.

They aren't going to give up a first round pick and a ton of money for Mike Wallace.

Pretty much all that's left is a trade.
  5. wcpatsfan

wcpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You'd think that they are interested. It just makes so much sense. They need another good wide receiver. Brandon Lloyd is good and he knows the offense well.

But you could be right. Maybe they aren't interested. Or maybe they've talked to him and are just way too far apart on the money.
  6. Free_Pacman

Free_Pacman Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Anyone who still thinks we are going to get Lloyd was completely delusional. If he was going to sign, he would have been in the fold by 10pm. Time to move on.
  7. BradyBranch39

BradyBranch39 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

There is an immense possibility that this is a leverage ploy by Lloyd, who killed any that he already had a few days ago.

Hopefully this is the case. But as long as we re-sign Branch, I don't care where we get our new WR(s) from.
  8. Wilfork#75

Wilfork#75 Rookie

Ratings:
    +91 / 5 / -1

#75 Jersey

I'm starting to think they might not be. Reading the Bedard piece, it seems Lloyd could turn into a Randy Moss situation. He will come in and be productive early, but eventually he will clash and fall apart. Josh McDaniels knows Lloyd better than anyone, maybe he thinks he can't fit this team as well as he did in Denver and Stl. But saying that, we still know nothing of the situation, he could still easily sign here tomorrow.
  9. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 5 / -1

#95 Jersey

If no Lloyd..then I guess go for Wallace...

And I asked this earlier..no one has ever really said if the pats even wanted Lloyd in the first place. It as all coming from lloyd
  10. tricktak

tricktak Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Do you really think that the Patriots will draft a receiver early and rely on him to be a big contributor from day one? I don't and I'm sure no one else does. It's the PATRIOTS dude, they've never drafted a receiver high that has panned out at all let alone draft one that they can rely upon to be the other guy next to Welker. The Patriots are cheap, just accept that man, they'd rather sit around waiting for free agents prices to lower while they all sign with other teams because the Patriots just wait it out and always look for the cheap option. How did Albert Haynesworth turn out? How did Ocho Cinco work out? How did Joey Galloway work out? How did Torry Holt work out? How did Reche Freakin Caldwell work out? The last time they went for some players in free agency (Welker, Moss, Stallworth, Thomas) they went to the superbowl. And don't use the tired line of "well they went to the superbowl this year without spending" because that is a crock. Everbody knows the Patriots had an easy path to the Superbowl, the only other legit team in the AFC was Baltimore and they should've lost to them. What crap was in the AFC this year? Roethlisberger was hurt, Manning was gone, Denver was mediocre and Houston had TJ YATES playing quarterback. The Patriots are a cheap team and that's all there is to it.
  11. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +516 / 5 / -1

#95 Jersey

Cheap? Remember 07...remember when they resigned moss to 10 mill a year? That's what I thought
  12. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,300 / 15 / -18

you have a "feeling"??? is this anywhere near the "feeling" you had when Solder was drafted?...you remember, right...you went nutso beserkaloid and kept screaming "they could have had (INSERT JUST ABOUT EVERYBODY ELSE)!!!"..and then you disappear until the middle of December, when you return to tell all of us who we should target this offseason? Funny....I just HAVE to know....did you even WATCH the Patriots last season? Who starts threads like this and then disappears for 8 months, and comes back after the Pats go to the Super Bowl with this "Pats are blowing it!!!!!" hysteria over a SINGLE 30+ year old player?
  13. pork3

pork3 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

[deleted] ......
  14. Salva135

Salva135 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'd be more pissed if I found out that the Patriots weren't interested in Lloyd from the get-go rather than that they were outbid by someone else. The "cheapness" issue isn't nearly as bad as the arrogance of thinking that we can pass on someone who fills a very obvious problem area on the team.

That said, I'm willing to be patient and see how this plays out before freaking out.
  15. tricktak

tricktak Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

kid the whole point of what I typed is that 07 was the ONLY year they weren't cheap. Try actually reading the article before disagreeing with me with something I am right about. You know they haven't spent any money on anyone since 07, you're wrong, they are cheap and there's more people on this board that would agree with me, not you. Just admit you're wrong about this one, They are a cheap bargain basement team.
  16. BradyBranch39

BradyBranch39 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

[​IMG] Hello.
  17. Jangles

Jangles PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No worries

Ocho is due for a breakout game. We don't need anyone else.
  18. Brady_to_Moss

Ratings:
    +516 / 5 / -1

#95 Jersey

19. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,300 / 15 / -18

yeah DUDE!!! you tell us DUDE!!! You da DUDE, DUDE!!Pats are cheap,DUDE!!! Everyone knows,DUDE!!! You must tell us all that we are all stupid and YOU are the DUDE, DUDE.Then you can disappear back to whatever backwater crap message board you hide out on ,DUDE...until next December ,DUDE...just like you did last season, TRol...er...I mean DUDE.
  20. wcpatsfan

wcpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Do you really see Bill Belichick giving up a first round pick and a huge contract for Wallace? Especially when he already has to pay Welker a lot of money too?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.