PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Lloyd is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all took Moss for granted around here, we should have kept him around no doubt. He lost some speed in 2009 and 2010, but he could outrun Revis and elite corners. Other than Rice, he is the second best receiver in the history of the NFL.

Now we are left with garbage at WR. What kind of shoes does Lloyd where? The dude is always slipping on every targeted attempt---inebriation?

At least Lloyd is running NFL routes, something that Ochostinko and Galloway couldn't pick up here, but he's been a huge disappointment to the midpoint of this season.

Last edited:
We all took Moss for granted around here, we should have kept him around no doubt. He lost some speed in 2009 and 2010, but he could outrun Revis and elite corners. Other than Rice, he is the second best receiver in the history of the NFL.

Now we are left with garbage at WR. What kind of shoes does Lloyd where? The dude is always slipping on every targeted attempt---inebriation?

At least Lloyd is running NFL routes, something that Ochostinko and Galloway couldn't pick up here, but he's been a huge disappointment to the midpoint of this season.

Moss can't improve this offense he's 35 years old. He could have potentially saved us against the Jets in 2010 since their defensive strategy wouldn't have worked then.

wouldn't use the huge disappointment word...yesterday he was, but overall he's been ok, below my expectation but still ok.
I certainly believe he will improve his play a whole lot 2nd half of the season

So Brady successfully chucking bombs 5 years ago to possibly the greatest long-ball receiver ever is evidence Brady's a good long ball passer now?

Whether he is or not, he threw 3 long balls yesterday (2 to Lloyd and 1 to Welker) and all of them were right on target.

The Patriots don't have a WR who can snag the ball.

We used to complain about Darius Butler and Wheatley being right on a receiver's hip, but never making a play on the ball. But if they were covering Patriots WRs, the chances are those catches downfield would be incomplete. Look at the Broncos' D. Thomas. He can be covered, but he comes down with the ball.

Whether he is or not, he threw 3 long balls yesterday (2 to Lloyd and 1 to Welker) and all of them were right on target.

The Patriots don't have a WR who can snag the ball.

We used to complain about Darius Butler and Wheatley being right on a receiver's hip, but never making a play on the ball. But if they were covering Patriots WRs, the chances are those catches downfield would be incomplete. Look at the Broncos' D. Thomas. He can be covered, but he comes down with the ball.

My point is it's a little of both. I wouldn't write Lloyd off just yet; the drops have been disappointing, but that sometimes happens. What I was trying to say is that Brady will miss a few typically, making the drops stand out more--because there appears to finally be an opportunity to connect on a long pass.

I guess I'm HOPING that "The Patriots don't have a WR who can snag the ball" (assume you mean deep passes) will not seem true by season's end.

Lloyd's a possession receiver playing the outsider receiver role traditionally designed for speed receivers that stretch the field. The Pats' receiver speed, as a whole, is brutal. Jets DBs were attached to the hip all afternoon. And when Lloyd did manage a cut to create separation, the Jet's steroided safety easily reengaged. The reality is, the coaches have figured out that Lloyd, and the currently hobbled AHern, both need Brady to be perfect to get these two the ball....and the back shoulder throw has to be deployed...not the highest % throw.
I credit Brady for continuing his attempts to hit on the long ball. But these "over the top" passes continue to demonstrate the overall lack of speed of his targets.
I give the Pats a big pass this game on execution....missing both safeties and both guards screwed them.....it was a patchwork effort that got the W. I wonder if BB is calling down to Texas to try and nudge a certain G out of retirement.

Couldn't agree more borg...i don't know how we are going to manage against the Texans and 49ers things could get very ugly for our Offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back