PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Lloyd interview on ESPN Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because, as Box_O_Rocks once put it, the Broncos are not so high on feetyballs acumen. . . .

From todays article:

“I know you’ve heard he was good in the building, but he wasn’t necessarily an angel in the building,” the Broncos source tells the Boston Globe. “He wasn’t a good teammate. During games, he was asking the stat person to see how many catches and yards he had at that point in the game when [Kyle] Orton was starting.

“He has that locker room lawyer-type in him. Publicly he’ll say all the right things, but in the locker room he’ll voice his opinion.

“He’s extremely intelligent. Very articulate, very well-read, but there were times when people in the building thought he may be bipolar – and not joking – because he has days where he’s up and ready to go and happy-go-lucky and he’s like, ‘Hey, what’s up? How’s it going?’

----

The fact is that he has been on 5 TEAMs in 9 years. That is quite telling, of the person. Even after McDaniels got kicked out of Denver, IF Lloyd was that good of a receiver and teammate, why did Denver ship him out?

If he was so surly why did McD bring him to the Rams as soon as he could....;)

IMO - I for one would trade for MikeWallace. Even if Lloyd has played in the WR system. Steelers are smart. They booted Holmes out, not because he stunk as a WR, but he was poison in the locker room. Steelers want to keep Wallace, which tells you that he probably is a good citizen in the clubhouse..

Wallace disappeared last year and was passed by A Borwn as the #1 target....

and if he as adeptat picking up our system as say Ocho?...... lose a first rd pick and pay double what Lloyd would cost.... :rolleyes: :eek:

Last edited:
The fact is that he has been on 5 TEAMs in 9 years. That is quite telling, of the person. Even after McDaniels got kicked out of Denver, IF Lloyd was that good of a receiver and teammate, why did Denver ship him out?

I'm sure ex-teammates saying he is "NOT a team player" has some truth.
If he does have the "MOSS attitude (ala, I want the ball..)" after he becomes a Patriot, he wont be a Patriot player long and would be wasted effort...

IMO - I for one would trade for MikeWallace. Even if Lloyd has played in the WR system. Steelers are smart. They booted Holmes out, not because he stunk as a WR, but he was poison in the locker room. Steelers want to keep Wallace, which tells you that he probably is a good citizen in the clubhouse..

Denver traded him because they put Tim Tebow in at QB and were facing a 1952 offense that would throw 8 times a game. Might as well get something for a WR in the last year of his contract who you don't have anyone to throw the ball to him.

The other day Mortensen said to Lloyd something to the effect of
"We know your affinity for Josh McDaniels, but don't you have to consider taking care of your family"
It sounded like Mortensen trying to talk him out of going to the Patriots and implying he should take more money that obviously someone else would offer. Another scummy Mort move of trying favor some teams and trash others based on who he likes.
But Lloyd immediately shot back "My family is already taken care of"
He is coming here.

That's because your seeing what you want to see and not really focusing on what they probably see. Are there really much better options out there for a long term solution if we don't know how they will perform in THIS offense yet we do pretty much know they will want a lot more money over a longer term because of their age. And frankly, after Tomlin's comments and his performance down the stretch last season, I'd have at least as many concerns about Wallace as concerns about Lloyd. And no potential whispered solution for the former in my employ.

Actually I think there's a lot of fans who don't look beyond the "he performed well for Josh" argument, as I don't think there has been too much discussion about character issues.

Some of those statements in the Globe don't make one feel too warm and fuzzy.

I think Lloyd has to know these questions are out there, and at 31 he shouldn't be looking to be paid like one of the best WRs in the game. If he is I dont think the Patriots will bite.

Wallace might not be the solution either, again with price coming into play, complicated further by the fact that I think the Steelers have a week to respond if the Patriotts make an offer, and I'm not sure Belichick will want to wait a week to address WR when free agency opens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back