PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Jacobs to Giselle "Stay cute and shut up."

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, as to what they would have said had they lost, the possibilities are endless: the Pats must have cheated again, the refs protected the Golden Boy again, the league wanted Kraft to win for Myra, BB was allowed to play fast and loose with the rules getting McDaniels, the Pats screwed with the down marker at a crucial point, Todd Haley was onto something when he accused Pioli, a BB guy, of bugging his phone in KC etc. etc. etc. It's what the Giants do, they're no different than the Jets or Ravens and it's simply in their DNA.

Oh no doubt about it, bro, had the Pats won, I guarantee you they would have started all kinds of "spin" crap in their tabloids et al. I.E, oh they must have "cheated" again. The league wanted them to win for Myra. Yeh, like that would be believable, with the biggest Pat Hater, Ro-Jet Goodell as NFL Dictator (oh sorry meant "Commissioner"). We are in agreement with that !!!!

Jacobs' comment was insulting, and what was most asinine about it is that he wanted to make sure it was public. Gisele made a bad mistake by saying what she said, but I'm pretty it was meant as a private comment. Cameras caught it and made hay out of it.

I gotta say. The ridicule of Brady and the Pats courtesy of Giselle's comments made public are way over the top. Now it's Gronkowski who is being ridiculed for going out and partying afterwords with the snide comment, "How is Gisele going to feel about this?"

The sh*t just keeps getting worse. It makes Skip Bayless look good.

Last edited:
Am I one of the few Pats fans with Jacobs on this?

She shouldn't be running her mouth. She represents a Quarterback at the game and calling his receivers out in front of a camera phone isn't exactly wise decision making!

If I was Welker or Hernandez I would be saying the same thing.

Classy guy eh what?

What was his contribution to the Vagiants win? Not much, he should be the one to stay really ugly and STFU.

One more thing about this, this guy choses to take on a super model.... What a titan, what a man. Say that to Nate Solder Jacobs and see what happens. Dope.

Can someone explain to me why they think Giselle has no right to voice her opinion, be it wrong or right? I listen to sports radio alot and I am on these boards (as well as others) alot and I constantly hear and read fans overreactions to certain things. And not just Pats fans but all fans of all teams of all sports. Are we to believe that because Giselle is rich, famous and beautiful that she has no right to act like the majority of sports fans do? She had a gut reaction to devastating loss to someone who cares a great deal about. And then take into account the actions by the NYpost and the heckling she was getting by people in the crowd. If anything, I think it showed a side of her the we never see. She was acting like a fan. I mean, I feel much different today then I did 1/2 hour after the game. I've said a few things after that game (and several other big losses) that as soon as I cooled off I realized that they weren't my true thoughts. People need to get off their soap boxes cause I am sure they are as guilty as Giselle for doing the same thing.

As for Jacobs comments, they were shallow and uncalled for. But the thing that pisses me off most is how the Pats (particularly Brady) will more then likely sit around and take it. For years the Pats have been the whiping boys for the NFL. They are called classless, when all they do is show class. They never talk bad about an opponent. Take all blame when needed and never point fingers. But when a dbag like Jacobs takes it to this level, I expect a response from Brady. He has no right to talk about someone's personal life, let alone their family.

I really don't mind Jacobs and just by this thread you can prove there are some hypocrites in here of saying he is an A-Hole before and now for saying this but was a great guy and positively honestly true just a few months ago for telling Rex Ryan to cram it.

He is either an A-Hole or a great guy who speaks his peace...lets be unbiased with our opinions of him,shall we?

At least he is no Bart Scott,James Harrison or Terrell Suggs

I'm kinda torn on this one.

Jacobs is a total douchebag for saying something like that about somebody's wife. Maybe he should've just kept her out of it and called out Tom instead by saying something along the lines of "Maybe he should learn how to throw and catch it himself"

On the other hand, she should know how the media works and really should've kept her comment to herself. Now, she's put TB in an awkward position with his own teammates. Just because she has the right to say it doesn't mean she should.

Last edited:
Am I one of the few Pats fans with Jacobs on this?

She shouldn't be running her mouth. She represents a Quarterback at the game and calling his receivers out in front of a camera phone isn't exactly wise decision making!

If I was Welker or Hernandez I would be saying the same thing.

Really? Just..Really? She had just watched a devastating 4th q with some painful drops.. the Patriots lose..she now has to live with a wounded bear for a while...she is not on the team...shes a wife that is hurting for her husband,and you expect her to be in full control of her emotions and not say anything in defense of her husband that someone just insulted? My husband and I were screaming the same things at our TV....give the girl a break!!
As for what Welker is saying..he currently appears to agree with Giseles assessment. Go figure.

No.

The Patriots never produced any vitriol after their 3 Supr Bowl victories against any player's wife.

In fact, they never stomped on any losing team's players after their Super Bowls - - unless the player had personally taunted them first - - aka, Freddy Mitchell.

Keep pining for a return of the "glory days" when Billy Sullivan owned the team. You seem to have a real preference for that.

Cool. The Patriots are a classier organization than this current Giants one. But the Giants are champions and had to go through the Patriots to do it. As someone else said in the thread, take your lumps and move on.

Can someone explain to me why they think Giselle has no right to voice her opinion, be it wrong or right? I listen to sports radio alot and I am on these boards (as well as others) alot and I constantly hear and read fans overreactions to certain things. And not just Pats fans but all fans of all teams of all sports. Are we to believe that because Giselle is rich, famous and beautiful that she has no right to act like the majority of sports fans do? She had a gut reaction to devastating loss to someone who cares a great deal about. And then take into account the actions by the NYpost and the heckling she was getting by people in the crowd. If anything, I think it showed a side of her the we never see. She was acting like a fan. I mean, I feel much different today then I did 1/2 hour after the game. I've said a few things after that game (and several other big losses) that as soon as I cooled off I realized that they weren't my true thoughts. People need to get off their soap boxes cause I am sure they are as guilty as Giselle for doing the same thing.

As for Jacobs comments, they were shallow and uncalled for. But the thing that pisses me off most is how the Pats (particularly Brady) will more then likely sit around and take it. For years the Pats have been the whiping boys for the NFL. They are called classless, when all they do is show class. They never talk bad about an opponent. Take all blame when needed and never point fingers. But when a dbag like Jacobs takes it to this level, I expect a response from Brady. He has no right to talk about someone's personal life, let alone their family.

It's simple...she represents the QB and captain of the team. The QB would never be seen calling out a player publicly and when she's at these events, she's representing her husband. Whether not not you chose to believe it, this could cause a rift...because she knows what the media is like and how they blow things up and, imo, this hasn't been blown up. She said something she should have kept quiet about and I'm sure Brady will berate her for it when he gets the chance.

If anything, because she's a high profile celebrity, she should have known better. She knows how to deal with haters and disgruntled fans.

You're all calling Jacobs classless or whatever...for what? Sticking up for a Patriots receiver in essence. She has no idea...and she showed it by blowing her top.

On the other hand, she should know how the media works and really should've kept her comment to herself. Now, she's put TB in an awkward position with his own teammates. Just because she has the right to say it doesn't mean she should.

I don't think so. I'f I'm Wes Welker or Aaron Hernandez, I don't hold this against Brady. I probably don't even hold it against Giselle. She's a foreigner who probably doesn't know the first thing about the game of football. And she's not expected to hold to man rules. And her comment was meant to be taken privately.

If I'm Welker or Hernandez, I'm pissed at the media. And myself for dropping the pass.

You're all calling Jacobs classless or whatever...for what? Sticking up for a Patriots receiver in essence. She has no idea...and she showed it by blowing her top.

so let me see if I have this straight, you say Giselle is wrong because she represents her husband and should be aware of her surroundings, even though she was not saying this in an interview or in front of a reporter or journalist. But it was ok for Jacobs to take a shot at a players wife, from another team in front of TV camera's and reporters. Thats makes no sense.

It's simple...she represents the QB and captain of the team. The QB would never be seen calling out a player publicly and when she's at these events, she's representing her husband.

Um yeah, No. What a team-mates wife says to her friend has no effect on players. She was not "calling out" players. I'm sure not one player on the team gives two flips about what the QBs wife felt went wrong in the game. This is a non-issue,and its very telling that this is what the media is focusing on. Bottom feeders with no real story.

I'm kinda torn on this one.

Jacobs is a total douchebag for saying something like that about somebody's wife. Maybe he should've just kept her out of it and called out Tom instead by saying something along the lines of "Maybe he should learn how to throw and catch it himself"

Pretty much- Giselle's a celebrity in her own right, she knows how this whole media dog and pony show works. When she said something that controversial in public, around a bunch of other people, she had to know that it could get out. Heat of the moment or not, it was poor judgment on the part of someone who really should know better.

Last edited:
Brandon Jacobs is a bum. A bum blessed with a good offensive line. There's 15

running backs better than this bum.

I agree with all of this. Maybe it's because I'm a woman but Jacobs' comments just rub me the wrong way.

First of all, she didn't diss him or any of the Giants players. She was frustrated at the Patriots and how the game turned out. So there was no need for him to even comment. She said nothing bad about the Giants in general.

And second, Gisele's been with Tom for over 5 years now. I don't think she knows all the specific details of football, but I think somewhere down the line, she learned a couple of things about the game. Her brief assessment of the game wasn't completely far off to be honest, even though I think there was a lot that went wrong on Sunday that wasn't all about the recievers(or TE's for that matter.)

So yeah she may be a public figure and therefore should be more mindful of how she acts but even the most image conscious public figure slip up from time to time. And as far as media figures go, Gisele's one of the better behaved ones. I think the main reason why the press, the New York press in particular jumped on her comments because with Gisele there's not much else to criticsize. She's no Kate Moss or Naomi Campbell in terms of scandals.

I really don't mind Jacobs and just by this thread you can prove there are some hypocrites in here of saying he is an A-Hole before and now for saying this but was a great guy and positively honestly true just a few months ago for telling Rex Ryan to cram it.

He is either an A-Hole or a great guy who speaks his peace...lets be unbiased with our opinions of him,shall we?

At least he is no Bart Scott,James Harrison or Terrell Suggs

You're right - he's worse. At least they took off on other players and a team of men they played on the field. This coward publicly took on the WIFE of a player, a wife who made an emotional comment minutes after a game her husband's team lost - and in response to being heckled by fans of the other team. That's a story for a whole other time - namely, what type of heroes try to publicly humiliate the WIFE of a player on the other team? Now, there are some examples of profiles in courage...

Last edited:
Nothing against Gisele,but I liked it better when Brady wasn't that big of a household name,made average QB money,was no big cover fashion model and had no marital attachments.

He could have kept that lifestyle…could have married an unknown gal…but his position allows him the spoils. Now he has to deal with the drawbacks.

I'm glad she is talking, sense the players are not aloud too
Someone tell me what she said that was wrong? Those guys catch those passes, pats are most likely superbowl champs again.

I still want them on the team though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back