PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Deaderick

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Lost in all the commotion surrounding the big win and the Moss trade, Deaderick saw some serious playing time and looked good. Read the encouraging words on him in this pro football focus article.

Re-Focused: Week 4, Patriots at Dolphins

This draft class is shaping up to be another 2003.

strange ,mike rodak's tape review he saw this

4) Rookie DE Brandon Deaderick saw limited action in his first career game. On a third-and-2 in the fourth quarter, Deaderick was double-teamed by LT Jake Long and LG Richie Incognito as the Dolphins tried to convert on a Ronnie Brown run to the left. Deaderick was quickly overwhelmed by the block, finding himself with his back to the play and down on one knee, eventually being pushed to the ground. Brown was able to use the space to convert the first down.

Picked-up pieces from 4th-quarter review - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

While I can't say that I remember that particular play, two things come to mind.

1.) If Maimi is running left and our DE is being double teamed by Miami's LOG and LOT, where is Wilfork? He should habe been single blocked by the center. He should have crashed the A gap vacated by Miami's LOG and got an easy TFL.

2.) The ILb for the Pats should have been reading the Miami LOG and once he saw the LOG double on our DE, he should have filled that gap. If it was Spikes on that side, then I kind of understand because Spikes is slower than a statue, but if it was Mayo, then that is a problem.

Clearly Deaderick has some talent for operting as a 3-4 DE, but man does he need a lot of time with Woicik and Pepper to get stronger and learn better technique.

Wilfork was lining up over Long for most of the game; odds are he wasn't in on this particular play.

Last edited:
While I can't say that I remember that particular play, two things come to mind.

1.) If Maimi is running left and our DE is being double teamed by Miami's LOG and LOT, where is Wilfork? He should habe been single blocked by the center. He should have crashed the A gap vacated by Miami's LOG and got an easy TFL.

2.) The ILb for the Pats should have been reading the Miami LOG and once he saw the LOG double on our DE, he should have filled that gap. If it was Spikes on that side, then I kind of understand because Spikes is slower than a statue, but if it was Mayo, then that is a problem.

Clearly Deaderick has some talent for operting as a 3-4 DE, but man does he need a lot of time with Woicik and Pepper to get stronger and learn better technique.

Wilfork was playing LDE at the time, with Mike Wright playing on the nose.

Wilfork was lining up over Long for most of the game; odds are he wasn't in on this particular play.

Wilfork was at LDE, across from Carey.

Wilfork was at LDE, across from Carey.

That's where he was for most of the game, wasn't he? I do have to rewatch the game, so my memory's pretty spotty by now, but I don't remember seeing Wilfork at RDE, only LDE.

Wilfork was playing LDE at the time, with Mike Wright playing on the nose.

OK so why didn't Wright crash the A gap for an easy TFL? Did the center handle him alone? That's not good.

A double-team involving Jake Long isn't going to get me upset about a rook, that guy is a freaking animal, and the best OL in the game already.

OK so why didn't Wright crash the A gap for an easy TFL? Did the center handle him alone? That's not good.

Because Wright sucks against the run? Big shock there.

That's where he was for most of the game, wasn't he? I do have to rewatch the game, so my memory's pretty spotty by now, but I don't remember seeing Wilfork at RDE, only LDE.

You're right. He was primarily at LDE.

Because Wright gets pushed around like a rag doll against the run. He's not very good.

Last edited:
You're right. He was primarily at LDE.

re watching the game, it was kind of wierd to seee him over there and a small inevective wright in the middle. i would like wilfork deaddrick and then warren i think would be good! but one other question last year wilfork did like a seel dance after a big play any one know what game it was?

re watching the game, it was kind of wierd to seee him over there and a small inevective wright in the middle. i would like wilfork deaddrick and then warren i think would be good! but one other question last year wilfork did like a seel dance after a big play any one know what game it was?

Agreed. I'm not sure how Pryor hasn't pushed Wright out of that NT position by now (with Vince lining up at DE).

Belichick actually explained this on Tuesday. Apparently, Miami won't run at Wilfork. By moving Wilfork to LDE, the pats shaded the rest of the run defense to the right as they knew it was going that way. Eliminating half the field is a pretty good idea.

I saw the same. Wilfork at LDE. The Patriots basically shut down the run to Miami's right and forced them to try and run to the left of their formation. Wilfork, judging from his facial expressions and body language, seemed to enjoy the change of pace.

Belichick actually explained this on Tuesday. Apparently, Miami won't run at Wilfork. By moving Wilfork to LDE, the pats shaded the rest of the run defense to the right as they knew it was going that way. Eliminating half the field is a pretty good idea.

would of been a good idea if they could stop the run.:bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots