PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Deaderick - What happened???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I think I missed any comments on why he was inactive. It really took it's toll on the D-line, having only 4 available.. and it showed in Detroit being able to have such a good day running the ball... (wonder where I heard that Detroit's running game sucked :rolleyes:)

I hope that we get Pryor, Wright and Deaderick back for the Jets game.

I think I missed any comments on why he was inactive. It really took it's toll on the D-line, having only 4 available.. and it showed in Detroit being able to have such a good day running the ball... (wonder where I heard that Detroit's running game sucked :rolleyes:)

Wondering if Belichick held them out so they would be as near 100% as possible for the Jets game.....

Good question about Deaderick, I had forgotten about that.

I can understand adding Love to the active roster, but I thought it was surprising that Deaderick was not active as well. He was not on the injury report so I assume he was a healthy scratch.

With the extra time off I would think Wright and Pryor will be ready to go next week.

Last edited:

Also it's quite obvious that Brandon Deaderick is a much better run stuffer than Ron Brace. We really need Mike Wright and Brandon Deaderick back for the Jets.

Last edited:
Also it's quite obvious that Brandon Deaderick is a much better run stuffer than Ron Brace. We really need Mike Wright and Brandon Deaderick back for the Jets.

I dont think its obvious at all. Brace has been solid vs the run. Deadrick is better at rushing the passer.

Also it's quite obvious that Brandon Deaderick is a much better run stuffer than Ron Brace.
Uh...no. Brace is the 2nd best run stuffer on this team after Wilfork.

i think brace's surprise development is one of the reasons our D-line has held up without warren. considering how he was badgered last yr as a poor draft choice, the guy has been much better and this has been an underrated story IMO. Deaderick is a surprise considering he is another low round pick playing his first yr. these guys can only get better i hope.

You know those signs in locker rooms stating No Cell Phone Use. Well word up is that Deaderic got caught filming Brady & Branch together in the shower and tried to sell the vid to Gawker.

I dont think its obvious at all. Brace has been solid vs the run. Deadrick is better at rushing the passer.

Deaderick is slowly improving against the run every game. Having him in there with Brace and Wilfork at the nose makes us hard to run against.

Deaderick is slowly improving against the run every game. Having him in there with Brace and Wilfork at the nose makes us hard to run against.

Agreed. For a rook, Deadrick has been good vs the run and pass.

Agreed. For a rook, Deadrick has been good vs the run and pass.

This is why I was surprised he didn't dress.. I would have thought that he'd be a better fit alongside Wilfork in terms of the 2-4-5 that the Pats had been running.

You know those signs in locker rooms stating No Cell Phone Use. Well word up is that Deaderic got caught filming Brady & Branch together in the shower and tried to sell the vid to Gawker.

Remarkably poor taste, even for an idiot like you.

This is why I was surprised he didn't dress.. I would have thought that he'd be a better fit alongside Wilfork in terms of the 2-4-5 that the Pats had been running.

Just the match-up. I think Deaderick's strength is hte run, and because Detroit is weak in this area, we emphasized pass defense. Against the Jets, I think he will see plenty of action.

But we will probably never know.. could have been a slap on the wrist for a rule infraction, the reliance on Sub Packages, could have been a minor injury or something else..

me too, let's hope all 3 will be back monday the 6th

Completely disagree. I record all of the pats games and watch them about 3-4 times to look at how each player is doing and Brace is a stud against the run. He disengages blocks very well.

I the Detroit game the Lions ran away from him alot. He is actually getting good push and taking his guy into the backfield on alot of the passing plays.

I am not saying that Deaderick is a slouch because he is good against the run, but I don't think he is as stout as Brace.

Completely disagree. I record all of the pats games and watch them about 3-4 times to look at how each player is doing and Brace is a stud against the run. He disengages blocks very well.

I the Detroit game the Lions ran away from him alot. He is actually getting good push and taking his guy into the backfield on alot of the passing plays.

I am not saying that Deaderick is a slouch because he is good against the run, but I don't think he is as stout as Brace.

Not bad for a bust...

I have yet to see Brace consistently do anything well. He makes a play and then takes the next three off.

Deaderick goes hard every play.

Against Detroit, a poor running team, and a short week. Deaderick probably did not get enough practice/study time to warrant BB putting an unprepared rookie out there, so BB sat him in favor of Love who has probably been preparing for Detroit since the Pittsburgh game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots