PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Bolden Suspended 4 Games (PED test)(Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone remind me, do we get the roster spot for the next four weeks or no?

No.

Also the nature of the substance he's been suspended for hasn't been revealed yet, so can we hold off on the speculations? It most likely is a rookie error a.k.a. Spikes.

Re: News: Brandon Bolden Suspended/ PEDs

Wtf Brandon. :mad:

He's gone, undrafted rookie, BB will have none of that. Too bad, because he'd be a great #2 back and showed potential to be a main back.

considering he just traded for talib, I beg to differ

Take a wait and see on this one. If its something stupid like aderal I'm gonna be upset because players have no excuse to be naive anymore regarding prescribed drugs. If its test or a masking agent then he is an idiot and hope the team sits him the rest of the season. Again though, wait and see.

EternalChampion has chimed in on it :D

No.

Also the nature of the substance he's been suspended for hasn't been revealed yet, so can we hold off on the speculations? It most likely is a rookie error a.k.a. Spikes.

Not so fast my friend. Aqib Talib isn't on our roster right now as far as I know. Not sure if that's a special circumstance with him being traded or not though.

Probably that same ADD drug Talib and Spikes got suspended for. Apparently that drug is really running rampant in football. Apparently a lot of guys in the NFL have ADD ;)

I don't think this hurts him too much. Remember that Spikes had the exact same suspension his rookie season.

I think it really depends on what the PED is...Spikes suspension was the same as Talib's suspension...ADHD medication which is a bit different than steroids or the drugs that masks the steroids.

This upsets me more than it should.

*un-binkied*

Rodney was suspended when trying to get his knee healed quicker. The Pats will never say publicly.

Well, he probably wasn't going to be back in 4 weeks anyway. It's some more healing up time.

*glass half full*

I can see us now, rueing his unavailability right around the middle of the 3rd period in a game or games when we are looking for that change of pace in the running attack. BB might be tolerant of it but he can't be happy about it.

Bolden is not going anywhere unless his on field performance was only a result of the PED. Which is not the case if you ask me I think the young man likely took something without researching it properly to heal faster with the fear that he would lose his role to Vereen if he missed to much time.

I do not think BB is going to cut someone who has shown this kids talent and potential because of this type of occurrence. It may set him back on the depth chart but he will still have the opportunity to compete.

A PED can be any type of steroid or drug classed as a masking agent (like diet pills etc).

It could even be something as innocuous as Adderal. But I don't know the details.

Reminds me a little bit of Rodney's suspension when he was trying to come back from injury. Maybe Bolden took something to come back a little faster? I hope not.

He's not going to get a lot of slack as an undrafted free agent. Depends on what type of drug it is imo.

$10 says he was trying to get back on the field faster and took a shortcut.

He'll be fine and I'm still a fan. But I'm against drug prohibition in the first place.

Well, he probably wasn't going to be back in 4 weeks anyway. It's some more healing up time.

*glass half full*

That's honestly what I was thinking. Sunday will mark 4 weeks since he got the injury, and he's not even practicing yet. Usually you see a player limited but participating in practice a week or 2 before actually being active gameday. So I'm guessing he'd have missed AT LEAST the next 2 games anyways.

The only thing that sucks is more fuel to the haters and their 'cheaters' crap

Last edited:
No.

Actually, yes. When a player is suspended, he does not count against the roster.

With that said, they have Talib and Shiancoe to fit into the roster, somehow..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back