PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Branch's family

Status
Not open for further replies.

str8chil

Rookie
Reaction score
I saw that Deion has been catching a lot of heat for his comment about supporting his family for life, so I thought I'd at least present a bit of information that I'm not sure has been discussed.

Toughest Hurdle

I realize that a lot of parents have kids with conditions (I have a special needs brother as well), and they'd love to be able to give them the best care possible, so I'm not calling people out and saying that all should be forgiven with Deion or expecting this to change their feelings. I do think this probably plays a factor in what Deion meant though, in that he is in a position to fund for the best possible care for his kid for the rest of his life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for posting this. The crassness of some anti-Deion posters is really embarrassing. I feel confident he and the Pats will work something out, and wish him the best.

I didnt even know he had children? :confused:

Well in that case my feelings do change about him a little. :(

I am sorry for Deion's son and what he has been inflicted with but Deion is under contract and should not be holding out.

Irrelevant to me, he's a UFA in 6 months, he'll get the BIG paycheck then.

Yeah but still, I'd think 6 million a year with many millions guarenteed would be enough...

Hmmm, I read this when it was published but my question is when your family is in need do you stop working and actually have money taken away from you? Or do you continue to negotiate and if it doesn't work out score on the FA market. My question too is doesn't this hurt his marketability for product endorsement? Couldn't he have had his agent market him more for the upcoming season and again then try to cash in when he becomes a FA? It's not my decision but I would go out of my way to be loved by Patriot Nation and increase my possible source of revenue, not seem selfish alienating both the team and fans and hurting my earning potential.

I have no problem with players trying to make a living. IMO the agent has done a horrible job. If you want a contract a year early with bonus money for security, you're not gonna get top dollar.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

It is a tough world when $10M of guaranteed money isn't enough to take care of your family. Perhaps he needs to go to an advisor for advice.

PatsRI said:
Hmmm, I read this when it was published but my question is when your family is in need do you stop working and actually have money taken away from you? Or do you continue to negotiate and if it doesn't work out score on the FA market. My question too is doesn't this hurt his marketability for product endorsement? Couldn't he have had his agent market him more for the upcoming season and again then try to cash in when he becomes a FA? It's not my decision but I would go out of my way to be loved by Patriot Nation and increase my possible source of revenue, not seem selfish alienating both the team and fans and hurting my earning potential.

My thoughts exactly, how is he helping his kid by losing money ? He's losing $14000 per day that could go towards his kid.

I knew about this tragic situation, but that doesn't change my opinion about him and what his agent have been doing. And frankly, it should NOT change things. Is that now an excuse for bad behavior?? I don't think so. I hope they can work things out, HOPE he can be reasonable...but I am not holding my breath on that. Thanks for posting that; many missed it or forgot about his situation.

Deion is under contract and I'm not happy about his holdout. However, at the rate he's hooking up with women and producing children, I'm not surprised that he's trying to get a Reggie Wayne type signing bonus. He'll need all of 12 million (and probably more) to take care of at a minimum, 3 kids (by "take care of" I mean "pay child support"), alimony or "baby mama payments" and of course the costs of a special treatment facility.

Since I'm already posting...what is it with parental arrogance/selfishness/stupidity in naming children. Deiondre and Deiontey? Yuck. How LESS creative can one possibly be! Is the daughter's name Deiondra?

PF1996 said:
Deion is under contract and I'm not happy about his holdout. However, at the rate he's hooking up with women and producing children, I'm not surprised that he's trying to get a Reggie Wayne type signing bonus. He'll need all of 12 million (and probably more) to take care of at a minimum, 3 kids (by "take care of" I mean "pay child support"), alimony or "baby mama payments" and of course the costs of a special treatment facility.

Since I'm already posting...what is it with parental arrogance/selfishness/stupidity in naming children. Deiondre and Deiontey? Yuck. How LESS creative can one possibly be! Is the daughter's name Deiondra?
I'm not sure what's worse, your despicable comments or the fact you feel the need to share them.

PonyExpress said:
I'm not sure what's worse, your despicable comments or the fact you feel the need to share them.
:agree:

For god's sake man, show some class. You could at least keep it to yourself.

BelichickFan said:
Irrelevant to me, he's a UFA in 6 months, he'll get the BIG paycheck then.
Unless he plays this season and suffers a serious injury. That may be a factor in his thinking. However, it doesn't explain why he would turn down the Patriots extension offer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back