Status
Not open for further replies.

grapedog

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Branch so far this season has 5 receptions for 80 yards
Gabriel so far this season has 10 receptions for 122 yards and 2 TD's
Jackson so far this season has 4 receptions for 51 yards and a TD

Sure, we probably would have had better production with Branch here, but considering both players were new to their respective systems...I think Gabriel and Jackson are going to work out fine as they get more and more understanding of the playbook.

Also, the whole..."we only have two receievers and seattle has a bunch" arguement doesn't hold water for me. Clearly Branch thought he was a #1 receiever...so he gets compared to our #1's...

Branch has played 2, Gabriel has played 3. But keep into consideration Branch had about 1 week to adapt to his new offense before playing his first two games. Gabriel has had a few weeks, just before the start of the season, Branch has not.

This week Branch started as the 3rd WR and caught 3 passes for 57 yards, for an avg. of 19 yards - long 31. Gabriel also started and caught 4 passes for 57 yards for an avg. of 14 yards - long 25. Last week Gabriel did much more than Branch did.

Last edited:
Let us not forget the player who signed with the Titans. He had 1 catch today, for 3 yards.

That's pretty good, isn't it?

lobster said:
This week Branch started as the 3rd WR and caught 3 passes for 57 yards, for an avg. of 19 yards - long 31. Gabriel also started and caught 4 passes for 57 yards for an avg. of 14 yards - long 25. Last week Gabriel did much more than Branch did.

Right, and BOTH weeks Gabriel did it for a fraction of the (ridiculous) cost of Branch - the 7th-highest paid WR in the NFL.

hwc said:
Let us not forget the player who signed with the Titans. He had 1 catch today, for 3 yards.

That's pretty good, isn't it?
His attitude is pretty bad right now.

I suggest anyone to go and listen to him. He sounds annoyed.

Key point- It is not about what Branch is doing in his new environment, it's about replacing what he would have done if he was -here-.

I think they're coming up with ways to get the ball to the new WRs, but I'm sure that Branch would have more than ten catches if he was in a Patriots uniform this season, especially with this running game. But the ifs-ands-buts really don't matter. He's gone.

That said, I like the new guys we have and hope they can stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back