PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Branch = T.O. (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

b72s

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Deion Branch, WR NE

News: According to an unconfirmed source, CBS SportsLine.com has learned that WR Deion Branch, holding out of Patriots camp, is planning a return to the team within a week. The source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity but does have knowledge of the situation, says Branch wants to "pull a T.O." and do whatever it takes to force the team to trade him, release him or not franchise tag him. Branch is in the final year of his contract, which pays him a little over $1 million -- a bargain considering the salaries of players around the league with a profile as high as Branch. The Patriots recently gave Branch time to seek a trade with another club, but as of now no trade is expected to happen.

Analysis: Based on what we've seen this preseason, the Patriots need Branch more than Branch needs the Patriots. He's a fantastic receiver capable of 900-to-1,000-yard seasons and can break short catches into long runs. As of now, Branch is slipping in drafts into middle-round territory, and that's a bargain considering that he'll play for a chunk of the regular season, if not all 16 games, most likely for the Patriots. Consider him a fair No. 2 Fantasy WR worth a pick between Rounds 6 and 8. He should be drafted once most of the top-25 wideouts are snagged.

Re: Branch = T.O.

Trade his Sorry *****...He isnt worth the headache at this point..

Link please.

I don't buy the premise of this story one bit. Deion may want more money and rightly hold to his principles, but there is nothing to suggest that he has any sort of malicious traits when faced with adverse situations, like a TO does.

Prediction: This thread will spiral out of control and only further the ignorant comments regarding Deion and his situation.

Last edited:

Patriots4Ever said:
Trade his Sorry *****...He isnt worth the headache at this point..
I guess you won't be cheering when he hauls in another TD pass from Brady come this Superbowl.
Oh, and thanks for another Branch thread, this one citing an unidentified source spouting garbage. Not buying.

b72s said:
Deion Branch, WR NE

News: According to an unconfirmed source, CBS SportsLine.com has learned that WR Deion Branch, holding out of Patriots camp, is planning a return to the team within a week. The source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity but does have knowledge of the situation, says Branch wants to "pull a T.O." and do whatever it takes to force the team to trade him, release him or not franchise tag him.

This source has to be the idiot agent. In this context, "pulling a T.O." has to mean that Branch intends to report to camp and be a total disruptive azzhat.

Doesn't sound like Deon Branch. If he tries it, he'll end up killing his value in the league.

b72s said:
Deion Branch, WR NE

News: According to an unconfirmed source

Enough Said.

i don't know, all the "Fantasy" spin on this is a bit weird.

Maybe I'm naieve but no way do I see my man The Twig being a total ******* like TO. No way.

This is where the line between fantasy football and real journalism blurs. Whoever wrote this, and it doesn't say, is more interested in Branch's draft position then reality IMO. You have an unidentified writer quoting an unconfirmed source in a header only under the FF page. If you go to the regular NFL news page on the site they don't even mention it.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl

why is this info in the fantasy section?
i hate fantasy geeks, football is blocking and tackling first.

PatsRI said:
This is where the line between fantasy football and real journalism blurs. Whoever wrote this, and it doesn't say, is more interested in Branch's draft position then reality IMO. You have an unidentified writer quoting an unconfirmed source in a header only under the FF page. If you go to the regular NFL news page on the site they don't even mention it.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl

No doubt it's dubious journalism. His source is probably just speculating to give fantasy owners a heads up.

If Branch really does plan to do this, then it's career suicide. Enjoy life as a Raider or Cardinal, you little *****.

Seymour93 said:
If Branch really does plan to do this, then it's career suicide. Enjoy life as a Raider or Cardinal, you little *****.

Yet another height elitist bastard making fun of those of us who are height challenged at 5' 9". My man, The Twig.

Why not. worked great for TY law.:D

Besides do we really think guys like Brady, Brown, Bruschi, Seymour, and Harrison would sit idly by and let Branch "disrupt" the team. These are his friends, they have all said it in the past few weeks, and he'd be f**king with thier careers too.

RayClay said:
Why not. worked great for TY law.:D

I don't believe Ty ever did anything during the season anyway, all his crap came in March-June.

I'd be really surprised.

That would be the epitome of SCUMBAG.

I have a hard time beleiving it!

my opinion. Total bull****. If Branch had that in him, we would have had a glimps long before now.

Pulling a "TO" means coming in and being a total assclown to his team mates and the coaches. I don't believe it- not for a second.

I'm ready to post a "this thread sucks', any request?

PATSNUTme said:
my opinion. Total bull****. If Branch had that in him, we would have had a glimps long before now.

Pulling a "TO" means coming in and being a total assclown to his team mates and the coaches. I don't believe it- not for a second.

I'm ready to post a "this thread sucks', any request?

Agreed. Already voted.

sucks12.jpg

By request!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill