PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Branch Speaks: "I have three kids. I take care of them. Not the Patriots."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brownfan80 said:
Yesterday it was widely reported that it was a 1st rounder we got in compensation.

Today on Patriots.com the report is this:

"FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots traded wide receiver Deion Branch to the Seattle Seahawks today in exchange for an undisclosed selection in the 2007 NFL Draft."

What gives?
Rich, it has been widely reported that it was a first round pick according to "multiple sources". The official word from the secretive Patriots is what is on Patriots.com.

Larry

maverick4 said:
Please. Branch made under a million per year his entire career, and if he signed with the Pats he would have gotten a third of guaranteed money as the Seahawks gave him. Branch actually HAS a child with a debilitating illness, so seriously go screw. He got as much as he could, using all the weapons at his disposal, to make that happen. It doesn't make him scum, or a liar, or pure evil.

So do I so seriously go screw yourself. And to think I've been able to survive on a fraction of "under a million per year" my entire career.

Poor baby would only have gotten a third. WAAAAAAAAAH. What a trooper.

I hate everybody who makes more money than me. Anybody who makes more money than me doesn't get to ask for any more. Or else I'll post on a forum about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes