PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Branch Rumor (Good, but Take it FWIW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Box_O_Rocks said:
Do you accept Box's O Rocks in that minority? :p

Oh great, now we have Box speaking of himself in the 3rd person...

End the madness!!!

I am tired of hearing about it and tired of talking about it. I want the matter resolved one way or the other.

Let's move on and let the games begin.

TheBostonStraggler said:
I tend to agree with you. It would be interesting to see if any high friction, into the regular season type holdouts of the past have ended with the player reporting and all things forgotten. I honestly don't know if that has ever happened (I doubt it though). I would think DB must fire Team Branch for it to occur . If he did that, it would be a first step. If the Patriots also 'upped' their offer a bit (or gave him a bump for this year), it could possibly lead to some relationship repair. One would think, however, that something like that would have already happened. It seems both sides are dug in at this point, and neither is going to give an inch. Too bad for everyone but especially Branch. The Patriots WILL move on without him if they have to. That is a fact. Plus, DB has little power here and is up against possibly the most financially disciplined FO of modern time. Team Branch is trying to play a pair of jacks like it is a full house. The problem with that is the Patriots had/have 4 queens and all the cards are face up now. If Branch hasn't fired Team Branch knowing this, why would he tomorrow or the next day? One outside possibility is Branch's lack of game checks, and what kind of life he is used to presently. Each week's 65k that should have but doesn't come into his bank account must cause him to question his situation along with a little shiver down his spine. It would mine...........

I agree, good analysis, it is not in Branch's best interest to sit out, either resolve it or just come back after firing Chayut. If we go by the premise that you play for your next contract, kinda hard to do this if you are not on the field. IMO his value goes down if he does not play this year: he is out for a season(timing and conditioning off), his accomplishments happened a year ago(some view this as ancient history) and is viewed as a disgruntled, spoiled NFL player. He needs to get rid of his mouthpiece, before he comes back though if not he will be viewed as someone w/excess baggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes