PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Branch Rumor (Good, but Take it FWIW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=603&mid=78597484&sid=&tid=78597484&style=1

"a mole inside the stadium has told me that the resigning of branch will happen before the arbitration is heard. The background is this: the team made what they thought was a fair offer to Branch before the opening of camp. His agent did not even counter. Before the pats agreed to let him shop himself they made it clear that because of his remaining contract year, and franchise tag they would view his trade rights in excess of what a restricted free agent signing brings a team. Branh's agent is essentially claiming that the pats had the obligation to lower that position. There is no way that Branchs people can win their case, they know that...he will be in uniform for the second game....."

A couple of replies later :

".....but mark down the Branch thing......"

Sighs...:rolleyes:
I won't even dare to dream.

Last edited:
Ughhhhhhh.

Screw Branch, screw the f'in rumors I just want to see Pats action on Sunday.

Rumor, speculation, arbitration... I couldn't possibly care any less. Until that little midget is catching passes from Brady like he should be I can't waste any more time even THINKING about him.

I'm tired of it too, but, in whatever order, Branch, Gabriel, Jackson, Caldwell along with the TE has to excite everyone :)

:explative I will forever *Hate Branch.....

*The word Hate is used in Fan terms no way does that dumb ass deserve any real feeling wasted on him...

Born_a_Patriot said:
:explative I will forever *Hate Branch.....

*The word Hate is used in Fan terms no way does that dumb ass deserve any real feeling wasted on him...

Not me. I hate him now, and will hate him if he holds out, and will hate him if he joins another team, but if he comes back into the fold, then I'll love him like any of the rest of the Pats.

The reality is that I root for the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. The patriots m.o. in the BB era has been that no player is more important than the team -- rightly so. But it goes both ways. Throughout, they have had to make some very hard-nosed and on their face callous moves, with the understanding that it's all just business. We've lost many of the players that we adored and who did a great deal for this franchise and for us as fans, in part because the team stuck to principle and what it thought was best overall even if it meant not paying value that others were willing to pay. In the end, while Branch and his agent are amatuers and have botched this to high heaven, I don't think what they are trying to do is that much different. It's just business, not personal. And if he makes the right play and comes back to the team, it's all water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.

Looking ahead to our playoff game against the Steelers, it would bre great to have Branch around.

I honestly don't see the necessary connection between Branch's camp knowing they have no chance, and Branch resigning or reporting back to the Pats for game 2.

Everything I've read to this point has indicated that Branch plans to keep filing whatever greivances/suits he can in whatever forums he has available, all the while holding out until either the Pats trade him, or week 10.

patnasty,
I continue to believe Branch is bluffing. His threats are empty, because he has no chance. I expect him either to report for duty and play out his current contract by next week, or sign an extension by then with the Pats. The repercussions to his career of not doing so have been discussed ad nauseum on this board so I won't repeat them.

BelichickFan said:
I'm tired of it too, but, in whatever order, Branch, Gabriel, Jackson, Caldwell along with the TE has to excite everyone :)
It excites me. I guess I'm in the minority, but I want my Deion back and I want him now. I won't hold any grudges.

Patjew said:
It excites me. I guess I'm in the minority, but I want my Deion back and I want him now. I won't hold any grudges.
I agree. All I care about is winning and Branch can help (for the right price).

PonyExpress said:
patnasty,
I continue to believe Branch is bluffing. His threats are empty, because he has no chance. I expect him either to report for duty and play out his current contract by next week, or sign an extension by then with the Pats. The repercussions to his career of not doing so have been discussed ad nauseum on this board so I won't repeat them.

I've read them all, and I don't disagree.

In the past few weeks, though, I've stopped basing my predictions for Branch's next move what would be rational or smart.

He seems thoroughly capable of seriously shooting himself in the foot to me.

Patjew said:

If he comes back and helps the team I will be happy for the Team. But I will still *Hate him.:mad:

Last edited:
Patjew said:

I am a member of your same minority. (Wait, wasn't there another thread about that?)

If Branch were to indeed come back i would have to be eased back into liking him. Because the anger towards him right now is overwhelming.

patchick said:
I am a member of your same minority. (Wait, wasn't there another thread about that?)
Do you accept Box's O Rocks in that minority? :p

I'd rather have a team's first round pick then Deion Back.

Screw him.

Anyways, if he does come back, anytime he makes the slightest mistake everyone will be down his throat.

I just want the draft pick.

patchick said:

Count me as a member of the surging minority (soon to be majority)

DarMan said:
Count me as a member of the surging minority (soon to be majority)
For me it depends how the story unfolds. If Deion comes back humbled and says he made a mistake listening to his #^$%^^$# agent, I'll love him again. If he comes back and dogs it because he is angry that he didn't get what he wanted, I will still dislike him ("hate" is too strong a word). If it's somewhere in between, I guess I'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes