PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Branch press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
BelichickFan said:
BelichickFan Press Conference :

"F*ck You, Branch".

You said it...Deion who?

This is for the "there's no such thing as loyalty" people.

Take a look at Bruschi's salary and tell me there's no loyalty:

http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/salaries/playerdetail.aspx?player=288

Salary wise, is Branch 5-6 times more valuable than Bruschi?

Here's a good read about Brady and Bruschi's loyalty. Check out the poll for who should be the highest paid QB too, it's not even remotely close.

http://www2.cnnsi.com/2005/writers/peter_king/05/08/mmqb.brady/index.html

Call it loyalty, or winning is more important, either one works for me. They could have easily cashed in going elsewhere. For some, it actually is more than just a business, and those are the ones that keep me watching sports.

Last edited:
Oh, there are isolated examples of loyalty, usually from individual players, Bruschi being one of the biggest. And, consequently, Bruschi is one of the few players I really, really like beyond what he does on the football field. I'm a *huge* Tedy Bruschi fan. Matt Light was another one who showed some loyalty to the team, or region, or his teammates, or whatever it was he felt was worth signing a below-market contract. Just because I don't think players should be *obligated* to display loyalty to a team or region, doesn't mean I don't celebrated the exceptional ones who do. I like loyalty. It's a good thing in the world.

But it really doesn't work the other way from the teams too often (the Robert Edwards situation being an admirable exception). The reason the Patriots renegotiated early with Brady and Sey is because those two guys are two of the best players in the NFL, and the Patriots didn't want to take any chance that they'd lose them. And attempting to renegotiate a lower contract with McGinest after they cut him doesn't seem like loyalty as much as, well, negotiating a lower contract. In fact, Willie and Troy getting cut and signed to lower deals show perfectly what I'm talking about. Those guys are the epitome of loyal football players, doing everything asked, working hard for the team, and the team cut them loose rather than pay them the rest of their contract. Sure, sure, they weren't performing up to the money of those contracts, but ... well, there ya go. Performance, money, that's what it's about. Loyalty has nothing to do with it.

I'm not saying it's morally wrong or anything; no team can build consistent winners if they go around handing out contracts for reasons other than performance. It's the way things are set up. But it's just silly to go around calling players "greedy" or whatever when all they are doing is trying to run their side of the business transaction in a way that maximizes their return.

Do you think Bob Kraft should show loyalty to the fans by lowering ticket prices? Or making his teams' games available for free streaming and download on the Internet? I'd feel some "loyalty love" from the team there ...

Wow, Tedy's numbers are lower than I remembered. Kraft better show some loyalty back to some of the Tedy types or else players are going to start to really get pissed... ticket holders too (due to high prices).

The fact that the Pat's haven't spent to the cap this year MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE. It's hard to justify not paying top guys and team leaders top-tier (middle tier) dollars as "spreading it around" if you're only icing half the cake.

Last edited:
This is it. My last thought about Branch. Perhaps he wouldn't be in such dire financial straits if he hadn't impregnanted every woman he's ever come in contact with. How old is he and he's got three kids. Put a wrapper on it Branch and save yourself some cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back