PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Branch not to report until week 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombonneau

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just read on footballguys.com. Guy says adam schefter is reporting this.

If true, they should bench him the entire season, franchise him, and then bench him next season as well.

I was just about to start a thread asking what people thought the time frame would be regarding these hearings.

That statement was made by shefter earlier in the week.

Pats can't bench or suspend him when he comes back. It's against the cba. It would be in his best interest to play well to get next years offers up.

tailgater said:
That statement was made by shefter earlier in the week.

Pats can't bench or suspend him when he comes back. It's against the cba. It would be in his best interest to play well to get next years offers up.

Really? Sorry my bad. :(

As much as we hate what is happening here the Patriots will continue to treat this as purely business.

There will be no 'cutting off of noses to spite faces' - If Deion returns for playing duty in week 10 then BB will make a decison based purely upon footballing reasons regarding where he fits on the WR depth chart.

Im just as pissed as the next guy about the way Branch has shafted my team, but I trust the FO to make a decison based upon logic and not emotion.

After all, that was the reason I backed them whenever some ignorant Boston reporter accused them of being cheap , Milloy, Brown etc etc

NM

tombonneau said:
Just read on footballguys.com. Guy says adam schefter is reporting this.

Can't they threaten to put him on the did not report list, where he'd be out for the year, and wouldn't get another year towards free agency? I thought they use to do that, didn't they? Has that changed?

CrazyDave said:
I was just about to start a thread asking what people thought the time frame would be regarding these hearings.
Next week.

Give it a week. I think Deon is going to the Seahawks, and we'll get our first rounder.

I'm glad our FO has more patience than I do. I hate this stuff. When I see other teams go through things like this, I think "Boy, I'm glad we don't have to deal with that crap". Let's hope it's EARLY next week.
After all, we DO have a freakin GAME to play.

NEM said:
I hope he does come back and they then throw the franchise tag on the llittle weasel.
Yeah, make him drown under that $8 million for 1 year. That'll teach him.

Patjew said:

I passed a red light this morning. Somebody give me two grand.

Patjew said:

Poor baby wants $7-$8 million instead of ONLY $6 million a year. "I want my extra millions for playing a game! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" I really wonder what it's like not living in the real world. How can anyone take this nonsense seriously?

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
Poor baby wants $7-$8 million instead of ONLY $6 million a year. "I want my extra millions for playing a game! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" I really wonder what it's like not living in the real world. How can anyone take this nonsense seriously?
At bottom, a player with the mindset you describe does not really want to play. He most certainly is not playing for love of the game.

If he has to report on week 10 then he will only miss 8 games?

Tunescribe said:
Look, he's one of the best on the planet at what he does. He should get rich from doing it, just like a world-class doctor, businessman, sheppard, etc. also should. But to me the difference between $7-$8 million and $6 million, especially after you net it down after taxes, is all about ego. The true effect on your life is minimal at best.

Last edited:
Patjew said:
Look, he's one of the best on the planet at what he does. He should get rich from doing it, just like a world-class doctor, businessman, sheppard, etc. also should. But to me the difference between $7-$8 million and $6 million, especially after you net it down after taxes, is all about ego. The true effect on your life is minimal at best.
Agreed. How many top receivers would give their eye teeth to play on a team with Brady, and have a chance for a title? WR 's are supposed to have big egos, what better ego boo0st is there than to play with the best QB of his generation?
Or to play on the "Big Stage" of the playoffs/SB?
Does the bit of additiona money make up for the coulda wouldas?
What's more ego soothing: money, or eternal fame?

CrazyDave said:
Agreed. How many top receivers would give their eye teeth to play on a team with Brady, and have a chance for a title? WR 's are supposed to have big egos, what better ego boo0st is there than to play with the best QB of his generation?
Or to play on the "Big Stage" of the playoffs/SB?
Does the bit of additiona money make up for the coulda wouldas?
What's more ego soothing: money, or eternal fame?

Actually not that many.

I really don't see the Pats surviving with Caldwell as the number 1. Is Chad Jackson hurt or something? This whole situation is very odd if you ask me. Are you guys comfortable with your recieving corps without Branch? I really don't see the front office standing pat at the WR spot. I see you guys getting Charles Rogers and if he ever lives up to potential, I sure as hell don't want it to be with you guys.

I just can't believe this little weasely ****bird won the Super Bowl MVP over Rodney Harrison, who was the clear and obvious choice.

Screw Branch! Add me to the list of people in favor of benching him when he gets back in week ten, franchising him, and then benching him again, effectively destroying his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back