PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Branch - not getting it done

Status
Not open for further replies.
But again, why pay his salary if you have a guy on the practice squad who's making $465k a year? It's not like Branch is even playing special teams (at least not that I've seen).

I just dont see the reason to pay him $1.35 million for 1 catch a game for 10 yards with Salas on the PS.

Well, saving what adds up to very little in the grand scheme is just not that important. They're not flush to the salary cap, and Branch has chemistry with Brady and knowledge of the system. We paid Ocho 4-5 times that last year.

Salas clearly does not have any of those advantages over Branch.

Well, saving what adds up to very little in the grand scheme is just not that important. They're not flush to the salary cap, and Branch has chemistry with Brady and knowledge of the system. We paid Ocho 4-5 times that last year.

Salas clearly does not have any of those advantages over Branch.

Well so much for that :D

More Cowbell I mean TE

Love thread starters who live to crow about default wins. Sad part is they care more about perceiving themselves somehow vindicated by them than anything else.

I think they will bring him back again but hopefully he retires. Twice as many games as an injured Hernandez yet half the numbers, I still see no reason to defend him the way others were and prob still are here.

Why do you keep beating this senseless drum. Branch's salary isn't going to be the difference to any FA signing this year. There isn't a single FA available for the rest of this season who we can't afford with Branch still on the roster, and next year he won't be on the roster so it won't matter.

Your continued diatribe against Branch is every bit as senseless as the Edelman hate.

LMAO, sorry Ken but for anyone who claimed that Edelman "can replace Welker seamlessly" to question the judgement of any other fan is pretty much ludicrous. And btw, stating thar Edelman can't replace Welker isn't "hate" it is Reality witha capital R. We didn't "hate" on him you made absurd claims on his behalf that once again proved to be ridiculous.

Wasn't Branch's first big play in the NFL a block, against Randle-El of the Steelers?

I forget whether it was truly a big play or merely something admirable that didn't work out (i.e. a smaller version of the Watson tackle on Bailey). But my point is that despite being trained by the staff to turtle on catches, he will have been a tough blocker from the beginning of his career to the end (whether or not that end has actually come yet).

Love thread starters who live to crow about default wins. Sad part is they care more about perceiving themselves somehow vindicated by them than anything else.

Considering the guy took some unnecessarily negative blowback for his opinion on this, seems to me a little crowing can be excused.

Well, if one of the other receivers go down I would rather have a guy like Branch get his targets upp'ed rather than Salas because I'm just not sure Salas could come in on the no-huddle situations as easily and keep up with the tempo..
Donnie, you're in over your head.

Branch was a solid player for us, but it was clear after we acquired him last year that he was going to have a shelf life. He put together a nice little run to finish the season, but hes been a non-factor this year.

Branch is not much of a special teamer, what is Sala's reputation? Maybe this is the tradeoff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes