Welcome to PatsFans.com

Branch = Moss PLUS first-round pick!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Tunescribe, May 2, 2007.

1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +449 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

Talk about turning a sow's ear into a silk purse! Does anyone miss Deion Branch now? We get a first-round pick for that malcontent, which we use for one of the best defensive backs in the draft. That enables us to trade our other first-rounder for an even better (hopefully) first-round pick next year plus an extra fourth-round pick we use to nab Randy Moss. So essentially, our front office turned the Branch fiasco into a starting upgrade at Branch's position PLUS a prospective starter in 2008. Pretty good sleight-of-hand if you ask me.
    Last edited: May 2, 2007
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Yeah, Branch and this year's #1 for Meriweather, Moss and SF #1 next year. Very nice deal except that we could have used the little sh!t last year. Ah well, that's in the past now.
  3. Bobs My Uncle

Bobs My Uncle PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Kinda tough to be dissatisfied with the players acquired in all of this but damn we easily would have hoisted our 4th Lombardi if the little sheeeet hadn't become such an a ss
  4. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +449 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

Yes, we could have used him, but the question of whether his presence would've been the key to getting past Indy will never be answered. Under the circumstances I can't imagine better application of that pick. We now have FIIVE first-day draft picks next year.
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +281 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

We'll never know. We may not have gotten to Indy, Branch wasn't so dominant that he positively affected every game - we almost lost the SD game and with one player change we may have lost it. Or Branch could have gotten hurt midseason. Whatever, we had a good season, we blew it, but we're set up for a few years now and if we can sign some of our upcoming UFA we have another 5-6 year run to round out Brady's career.