PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Branch is like 99 percent of Americans....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
He wants more money... But he is doing it the wrong way, and coming off like a idiot.. He should have played this out and see what happens... But it was a gamble on both sides, but to me it seems like Deion wants out... and work for someone else...

This downward spiral he's been a part of has been sickening. I remember back in the middle of summer when guys on this board got lynched for suggesting we trade him, now all I (and most of us, I think) want is for him to be gone. I just hope we get somebody who can catch a bloody football in return.

Preferably not a tight end.

I agree, I thought trading him was assinine, but now it might be the only way to resolve this... Except say to Deion.. Deion here it is, 5 yrs 31 mil extention, no fines the contract starts now, take it or leave it... He says pound sand, trade him to seattle for a 1 and a 4 ...

"Branch is like 99 percent of Americans..."

An over-inflated opinion of himself??

patsfaninpa said:
"Branch is like 99 percent of Americans..."

An over-inflated opinion of himself??
No the fact that at minimum he makes over $750,000 a year( and I mean at minimum), don't we all?

PatsRI said:
No the fact that at minimum he makes over $750,000 a year( and I mean at minimum), don't we all?

Hey u got to feed the family right

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Hey u got to feed the family right
Give me the minimum and I could feed mine, yours, and a few others.:D

PatsRI said:

I have lived in the South for twenty years. Down here everyone makes $15 an hour--7.50 on the first job and $7.50 on the second job. Without football, a young guy Branch would be lucky to be making $30,000 a year. The man is not like every other American. The man is a fool who has lost touch with reality.

Sure everyone wants more money but its not the be all and end all, every day folks make choices regarding raises and new job opportunities and we balance that against quality of life issues like geographic location and time with family or time for yourself and all kinds of issues. So in the end if you choose the top dollar route - that is fine, thats your choice.........and its also fine if someone chooses a different path.

Granted, I have a bit of a "Hippie" mentality, but given a choice between say, a $9 an hr job that lets me maximize my potential, and work in a situation that is enjoyable to me, or a $10 hr job where I'm a little less comfortable, I'm taking the $9 hr with a better working environment.
I mean, whats a mill or 2 less if you're catching passes from Brady, as opposewd to Joe Schmoe?
I guess that's why I'm in that other 1%.
Maybe he just does'nt like it here.
Rant over.

I don't know why people bring his salary into it when the point still stands. The guy making 30 grand a year wants more money of course and I can't think of a rich person who all of a sudden said "OK, I've made enough" in their productive years (Some become philantropists when the fear of death starts knocking around I guess)

If offered twice as much to do the same job elsewhere (no matter what your job is or what your job pays), 99% people would say absolutely. Those that have families have to consider it a little but you know the money makes it a close argument.

Only thing is though, like in Crazy Dave's example, the raise isn't even that much. Maybe it's not just the money... maybe Branch is just sick of New England. It happens.

"I mean, whats a mill or 2 less if you're catching passes from Brady, as opposewd to Joe Schmoe?"

I don't know. Ask Keyshawn Johnson who'd rather catch passes from Jake Delhomme and Derrick Mason who rather catches passes from McNair.

He's a great guy.

It's a shame, because he's such a class act. He's getting bad advice from his numbnuts agent. Did you know Branch has something in short supply? Gratitude.

He calls his old coaches, esp. after having big games, thanking them for helping him get where he is. He's the furthest guy from TO imaginable, folks.

He is a very, very good person who needs to get on the field. After firing his bumptious, foolish agent.

PatsRI said:
Yeah, I just LMAO at $1M per year too. The insult. Oh, wait, I'll be lucky to make $2.5M in my lifetime. Bring on the $1M per year, PLEASE.

Re: He's a great guy.

State said:
It's a shame, because he's such a class act. He's getting bad advice from his numbnuts agent. Did you know Branch has something in short supply? Gratitude.

He calls his old coaches, esp. after having big games, thanking them for helping him get where he is. He's the furthest guy from TO imaginable, folks.

He is a very, very good person who needs to get on the field. After firing his bumptious, foolish agent.

While you cannot take away all the good things about him you have mentioned - it is now time to add a few bullet points to his resume:

Selfish - What about his teammates and fans?

Money grubbing - Do the Patriots get o credit for trying to resign him last year and this year when they did not have too.

Stupid - I do not see this working out well for him in the short run and certainly not after all is said and done.

Unappreciative - the Pats did draft him higher than he was projected, did take him into their system and helped develop him to be as good as he now is.

Above his peers - why does Deion not have to honor his contract, when the rest of the players do?

I would be happy to rid ourselves of him - with a #1 & a #4 or player. Or, see him in week 10 and then franchise him next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots