PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Branch: is he just lazy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was reading posts about how people don't get how Branch could be so off on his value and i agree. I don't understand how a player of his calibur can look at the pats' offer as "insulting"........

Now i've read on here that Branch hadn't played much in preseason games in the past and I know that he has some injuries.........

I was thinking maybe Deion is just lazy and wanted nothing to do w/ training camp or preseason games. Is this a possibility that he called their offer insulting and didn't so much as give a counterofer because they are waiting till we get closer to the regular season and then he'll take the pats up on their offer? (i realize he is getting fined)

Perhaps he won't take the pats offer, but will play this season anyways and didn't want anything to do w/ preseason so he could preserve himself for a new contract next year with whoever.

He could just be afraid of getting injured and has the Clinton Portis attitude towards preseason.

He is still an ******* though, i'm just trying to guess wtf his problem is b/c it just doesn't make sense.

There is absolutely no chance of this. He is negotiating. Poorly, true, but this has nothing to do with motivation or laziness. That's silly.

That is an interesting theory.

Perhaps he justed wanted an exclusive membership into the MeShawn-T.O. Tumor club?

yeah i know it is ridiculous......but branch could just look at it as a win/win situation...

even if he looks like jerk during negotiationgs and asks for too much, SOMEBODY will pay him next year.

No he's not lazy, he's just trying to figure a way to get a big pay day. If he was an unrestricted free agent next year he might get closer to the Reggie Wayne money on the open market because teams have a tendency to overpay early in free agency, e.g. David Givens. That's why he's willing to play if he isn't franchised. It's all about the signing bonus (guaranteed money). If he plays for this years contract and gets franchised next year, he's out about 8 million dollars. How long could he be franchised? Could he make it up in future free agency? Who knows?

sucks11.jpg

Haven't done this for a while but this one deserves it.

PATSNUTme said:
sucks11.jpg

Haven't done this for a while but this one deserves it.
haven't done what in a while?

?????????????

I know it is a ridiculous idea, but this whole board is filled with ridiculous ideas.

the title of this thread is highly misleading, not to mention the content sucks as usual with this poster. clean it up.

Digger44 said:
the title of this thread is highly misleading, not to mention the content sucks as usual with this poster. clean it up.
hhahaha
I was waiting for your contribution to this thread. I figured it had to be coming sooner or later.

I don't think it is misleading........... I am asking if he is too lazy, and the rest of the thread has to do with the fact that laziness might be why Branch is being such a pain in the arse.

But thank you for the great insight. It has been a pleasure.

At least it is original.........But you and your buddies can continue to make "Branch is a jerk" or "Branch's agent is a moron" threads and I won't comment on them, i promise.

Keegs said:
hhahaha
I was waiting for your contribution to this thread. I figured it had to be coming sooner or later.

I don't think it is misleading........... I am asking if he is too lazy, and the rest of the thread has to do with the fact that laziness might be why Branch is being such a pain in the arse.

But thank you for the great insight. It has been a pleasure.

At least it is original.........But you and your buddies can continue to make "Branch is a jerk" or "Branch's agent is a moron" threads and I won't comment on them, i promise.

This just shows your total stupidity once again. Never will you find a post where I call Branch a jerk. I am starting to wonder if you are his idiot agent though. Deion is a Patriot under contract. I am a Patriot fan, unlike your sorry Colt bum, and I am loyal to my team. When he steps back onto the field and destroys your Colts this year I will laugh at you yet once again.

Digger44 said:
This just shows your total stupidity once again. Never will you find a post where I call Branch a jerk. I am starting to wonder if you are his idiot agent though. Deion is a Patriot under contract. I am a Patriot fan, unlike your sorry Colt bum, and I am loyal to my team. When he steps back onto the field and destroys your Colts this year I will laugh at you yet once again.
I'm not a Colts fan you moron. If you have read my posts you would know i despise that team more than any other. And i hate Peyton with a passion.

I understand you are saying that to irritate me, but isn't this getting old for you?

Why didn't you just respond to the thread instead of trying to be witty or piss me off?

If anyone fits the profile of a troll on this site it is you.

and another thing.

Deion is a Patriot under contract........ obviously.
That is why this whole thing is so ridiculous. He tries to compare himself To wayne but has never had the numbers, and Wayne actually played out his rookie contract.

Deion is being a greedy scumbag.
So i guess its safe to say you want him on this team.

Do you think we can't make it without Deion????
isn't the crap that he is pulling bothering you???

He can be easily replaced in my opinion and is not necessary for this team to win another superbowl.

Keegs said:
you moron.

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to ME?

Oh, it was the OTHER moron. My bad.

Last edited:
Keegs, it's far too risky and expensive for a player to "fake" a holdout so he doesn't have to participate in training camp.

I remember Colts DE Brad Scioli a few years back. Before free agency started, the colts offered him a 5 year deal worth almost $20 million. He turned it down and decided he could get more in free agency. There wasn't a market for him and he ended up re-signing for 4 years at $8 million. He was out $12 million because he was sure he could get more.

The idea is that Deion could come back and say, "Alright coach, I'm ready to play, let's just sign that contract you offered me a while back." The Pats can easily tell him no, that the offer is no longer on the table and that he will play out his original contract.

So again, no, I don't think there is any chance a player would hold out so as to skip practice.

Keegs said:
I'm not a Colts fan you moron. If you have read my posts you would know i despise that team more than any other. And i hate Peyton with a passion.

I understand you are saying that to irritate me, but isn't this getting old for you?

Why didn't you just respond to the thread instead of trying to be witty or piss me off?

If anyone fits the profile of a troll on this site it is you.

Well sure you are a Colts fan. You are the biggest Peyton advocate on this board. It is a common known fact that you do nothing on this board to promote the Patriots. Yes, I may be a jerk in many of my posts, but the fact remains that I post solid threads much of the time. That is very easy to verify. What do you have? Your sorry Colt butt undermines what Patriot Nations stands for. I would venture to say that you have not started a single thread that has ever been taken seriously or contributed to football wisdom. As you agree so many times even in this thread, your posting is ridiculous. Clean it up bub. It was nice doing business with you Peyton newbie loving troll. Did I mention that you need to clean it up? Did you start this thread because you needed my attention? I bet you did. Have fun in Indi. Clean it up.

Digger44 said:
Well sure you are a Colts fan. You are the biggest Peyton advocate on this board. It is a common known fact that you do nothing on this board to promote the Patriots. Yes, I may be a jerk in many of my posts, but the fact remains that I post solid threads much of the time. That is very easy to verify. What do you have? Your sorry Colt butt undermines what Patriot Nations stands for. I would venture to say that you have not started a single thread that has ever been taken seriously or contributed to football wisdom. As you agree so many times even in this thread, your posting is ridiculous. Clean it up bub. It was nice doing business with you Peyton newbie loving troll. Did I mention that you need to clean it up? Did you start this thread because you needed my attention? I bet you did. Have fun in Indi. Clean it up.

You lose all credibility when you repeatedly try to call the dude a Colt fan.

zippo59 said:
You lose all credibility when you repeatedly try to call the dude a Colt fan.

this guy is a colt fan. he has admitted it on this very board when he first joined. his main goal and purpose is to destroy this board. he adds nothing worth considering to even think he is a pats fan. do not take my word for it. read his posts. they do nothing but undermine our team. it is time that his trash is no longer tolerated.

Digger44 said:
this guy is a colt fan. he has admitted it on this very board when he first joined. his main goal and purpose is to destroy this board. he adds nothing worth considering to even think he is a pats fan. do not take my word for it. read his posts. they do nothing but undermine our team. it is time that his trash is no longer tolerated.

Wow! Frankly your constant badgering is what makes this messageboard and particularly this thread trashy at times. If you don't like the thread then leave it alone. Who died and made you the patsfan.com police and savior? What's wrong with someone who may have a different view of things? Stop being the Gestapo already.

Keegs does have posts that annoy the heck out of me sometimes but I'm not here to crucify him or other posters for having a slightly different take on things. That's what a board is for. You are so quick to accuse people of being trolls or newbies. What's funny is you don't realize that it is your posts that contain all those characteristics.

With that said, I will have to say that I don't think Deion would hold out just because he was lazy. I think he is really worried for some reason that this year he might get a serious injury that would endanger his career. He wants to get paid now to make sure that he has enough money in case something really horrible happens to him this season.

Crazy Patriot Guy said:
So again, no, I don't think there is any chance a player would hold out so as to skip practice.

This may be a little bit out there, but the Pats may not mind Deion holding out all of preseason.

They anticipated a holdout due to his absense from workouts and mini-camp.
If the theme of TC was to get tougher, the level of intensity was greater, thus the risk of injuries is higher.

The Pats know they are thin at WR, but they would be in very bad shape if they lost their top guy to an injury in practice. Branch holding out all of preseason at least guarantees he's healthy if/when he returns.

Before I get branded for using baseball mentality :rolleyes: a vet of our system going into year 5 wouldn't need a significant amount of time to work his way back. Prep for week 1 begins 9/1, and the Pats anticipate their trade permission will eventually get Deion back to Foxboro by then.

Let's hope that's the case and he's not wearing a Vikings uni or something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots