PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Branch Holding Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
spacecrime said:
My ending? Pats give him big money, Branch comes back, get hurt, goes on IR.
Sure, come up with the worse case ;)

Let's wait until Branch actually holds out for a few days before we

become upset. The thing that bothers me is that the agent is negotiating

thru the press (Ron Borges) to get we Pats fans agitated. Looks like

he is accomplishing his aim by the number of posts in this forum.

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
I agree with every word you wrote. I'm getting to the point of zero tolerance with this crapola. He wouldn't be underpaid at $5 million a year, and the team is offering him more than that.

I hate to agree with this but Branch is very quickly going on my **** list. Reche, Troy, Chad...get ready for a big year.

Last edited:
I like Branch and all, but this guy is not an elite receiver by any stretch of the imagination. He would be a #2 on a lot of teams out there. Anything over 5 mill would be ridiculous. And don't forget the signing bonus on top of that.

You need to set a line eventually, otherwise these holdouts will become more and more common.

spacecrime said:
There is also the ending where the Pats give him a big raise this year. That is another ending to this story. Youk don't think Bracnh would paly for $5 mil this year and be a free agent next year?

And there is the hold out until week ten, then play out the year to free agency.

Plenty of endings to teh story, none good. Either Branch capitulates and plays out his contract as signed, or the Pats cave and open future hold-out floodgates.

My ending? Pats give him big money, Branch comes back, get hurt, goes on IR.

The possibility of him getting hurt and going on IR is exactly why they won't give him a big raise for this year alone - he's in the final year of his contract (unlike Seymour), there's no security for the Pats after 2006. His last snap as a Patriot could be on the first snap of the season.

No way he gets traded or holds out til week 10 - neither side is that stupid.

There's always the Hines-Ward ending, in which the holdout lasts weeks into the preseason, and he shows up as a sign of good faith (which may/may not have been orchestrated from the start). Then 3 weeks later, boom, contract done.

Fortunately, we could be seeing the last such holdout for a good while, since none of our draft picks from 2003 to present have developed enough clout to warrant a holdout. Keep an eye on Watson or Hobbs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back