PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Branch Happy to be in Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawkspatriotschick

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Since I am a fan of both the Patriots and the Seahawks, this trade made me a Happy Camper!!!!

KIRKLAND - Sunday was the epiphany for Deion Branch.
Monday he was shocked back to reality.

Tuesday he faced it.

The fourth-year wide receiver from Louisville – the record-breaking wide receiver for the New England Patriots – sat at his house playing with his toddler daughter in disbelief that he wasn’t playing football in Sunday’s 19-17 Patriots win.

“It was a weird feeling, it was very weird,” Branch said. “Being that I’m a football player I have so much passion towards this game, and I am a competitive guy. I want to be on the football field when Sunday rolls around. I want to go out there and compete with the rest of the guys.

“I also understood the situation I was in.”

(Mod edit for copyright violation, please do not post FULL copyrighted articles and provide a link instead to the rest of the article that you're quoting)

He went from being the man to being ummmm............paid like the man but not wanting to be the man.

He's going to get an awesome look at the Lombardy trophy this year .......................from his couch!!!!!!HA HA HA HA.........:rocker:

seahawkspatriotschick said:
Since I am a fan of both the Patriots and the Seahawks, this trade made me a Happy Camper!!!!

Happy for ya, SHPChick.
Lotsa folks here are at least pleased ... that it's over ... and with the pick.

Not me.
Branch and Chayut win big. (OK. I don't mind Leion making out well.)

Pats don't get enough value for the miserable precedent of letting a good player
... under contract ... break it, to his great profit.

Seahawks certainly acted without coercion.
But you'll miss the first round.

flutie2phelan said:
Pats don't get enough value for the miserable precedent of letting a good player
... under contract ... break it, to his great profit.

The Pats didn't "let" Deion break his contract, he did that all by himself. He wasn't going to play in New England this year (at least on good terms) and it just goes to show if your a-hole enough you'll be too much for this organization. The Pats wouldn't ever sign a guy like T.O. but they'd never keep a guy who turned into him either.

richpats said:
The Pats didn't "let" Deion break his contract, he did that all by himself. He wasn't going to play in New England this year (at least on good terms) and it just goes to show if your a-hole enough you'll be too much for this organization. The Pats wouldn't ever sign a guy like T.O. but they'd never keep a guy who turned into him either.

Then i'm afraid we must resign ourselves ... as must the rest of the league ...
to watching most good, young players
get away with tearing up the final year of their contracts.

Those who UNDERPERFORM their rookie bonuses ...
oh, i guess to be fair they'll give them back.

(Mod edit for copyright violation, please do not post FULL copyrighted articles and provide a link instead to the rest of the article that you're quoting)

yeah, please don't infringe on copyrighted material.
as restitution to the board readers you should show us your t*ts.

[edit: what, you can't say t*ts here?]

Last edited:
Since I am a fan of both the Patriots and the Seahawks,

Like most Pats fans in the nation.........a fan of the (insert team) and Patriots. Most patsie fans don't even realize that the team has essentially a dreg of the league for years, and it has only been the last few years with Walter Coleman and Bernard Kukar helping out that your organization has been a success. But ofcourse most patsie fans don't know that..they don't realize the many years of futility and failure the organization has had. There is not a fan base that is disrespected more than Patsie fans....majority of you are all bandwagoners, and primarily Redsox fans who only got interested in the Patsies after Walter Coleman took it upon himself to alter the course of NFL history. You'lll all be back rooting for other teams, when this coourse runs dry...and from the looks of things, that has started. Chad and my boys will be punching you and your team square in the nose on Sunday...then you will feel the era of NFL changing. Your fan base is a bandwaogon disgrace.

Go ahead...ban me,,,,,I understand.

Frank Moga III

The fourth-year wide receiver from Louisville – the record-breaking wide receiver for the New England Patriots [/COLOR]

Ummm isn't that just greeaaaaaat......

By the way, "the record-breaking wide receiver" can someone tell me what records he broke?

flutie2phelan said:
Then i'm afraid we must resign ourselves ... as must the rest of the league ...
to watching most good, young players
get away with tearing up the final year of their contracts.

Those who UNDERPERFORM their rookie bonuses ...
oh, i guess to be fair they'll give them back.

The drawback of being a classy organization is that you have to take out the trash when it piles up. NE, Philly had their problem receivers (though T.O. ACTUALLY played!) and they were inevitably sent packing.

So basically your favorite team got Branch AND a first round pick!
Can't lose that way

frankmoga said:
Like most Pats fans in the nation.........a fan of the (insert team) and Patriots. Most patsie fans don't even realize that the team has essentially a dreg of the league for years, and it has only been the last few years with Walter Coleman and Bernard Kukar helping out that your organization has been a success. But ofcourse most patsie fans don't know that..they don't realize the many years of futility and failure the organization has had. There is not a fan base that is disrespected more than Patsie fans....majority of you are all bandwagoners, and primarily Redsox fans who only got interested in the Patsies after Walter Coleman took it upon himself to alter the course of NFL history. You'lll all be back rooting for other teams, when this coourse runs dry...and from the looks of things, that has started. Chad and my boys will be punching you and your team square in the nose on Sunday...then you will feel the era of NFL changing. Your fan base is a bandwaogon disgrace.

Frank Moga III

At least you'll have the New York (insert baseball team here) to get you through the month of October after "jets fever" gets squashed this Sunday.

frankmoga said:

Frank Moga III

Isn't it bad enough being an idiot at Insider? Da Jets will win da Superbowl!!!!

Face it, the Jets are the laughing stock of the NFL and have been for thirty years. You can't even get your own stadium in your home state. I can't wait for the annual implosion. Who will be the scapegoat this year? OC again? I pity Schotty.

p.s., don't ban Moga, he's an absolute riot.

Last edited:
frankmoga said:

Frank Moga III

We don't want to ban you Frank. You need understanding and you have come to the right place.

We understand. All those years of losing, of never even being a bridesmaid, or being humiliated, has had a negative effect on you.

You have become a twisted and demented person because of all of the losing. But, you can change.

Please stay and jump on the bandwagon.

deeds said:
Ummm isn't that just greeaaaaaat......

By the way, "the record-breaking wide receiver" can someone tell me what records he broke?
Longest hold out for a Patriots WR? Number of times playing the "I need to feed my family" card? The least number of TD's for a #1 receiver?

frankmoga said:

Frank Moga III

Would you like to put your money where your mouth is, oh jealous one??

Dear seahawkspatriotschick,

With all due respect dear, we're happy for you, but we don't care to hear about Leion anymore. He is dead to us.

richpats said:
The drawback of being a classy organization is that you have to take out the trash when it piles up. NE, Philly had their problem receivers (though T.O. ACTUALLY played!) and they were inevitably sent packing.
Oh, I thought you were referring to wannabe whiners like Frank Moga (user name for Mike Greenburg of Mike & Mike show?!) that credit all of our success (and their woes) to refs.

Last edited:
So what are the s'hawk fans saying on their forums, SPChick? Do they think Branch was worth a #1?

fgssand said:
Would you like to put your money where your mouth is, oh jealous one??
CrazyDave said:
" Moga Moga Moga Moga" - John Belushi
Come 'on Frankie! Do it big guy. Step up to the plate. Show that you're better than the Phish trolls that are too chicken**** to put their money where their gills are. (See AquaBoy4Ever4 ..or whatever the hell his real username is).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back