PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Branch, Gaffney or Stallworth???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure they have, at the top of the roster.

No, they haven't. Last I looked, the "TOP" of the roster includes guys like Wilfork, Hernandez, Gronkowski, Brady, Ridley, Hightower, Jones, Wilson, etc, etc. The only one who they might have made a decision on is Welker. That hardly constitutes them having an "ALL IN" year.

Funny, I saw, and read about, Branch getting open enough for Brady to make throws to him, and about him catching the ball. It seems to me that those are two qualities that this team used to like in their WRs. Has that changed?

Branch had 4 receptions in pre-season. 3 against the Eagles and 1 against the Buccaneers. The only pass that Branch caught from Brady was ONE against the Eagles. And it was late in the 2nd quarter and the Eagles had already had their 2s and 3s in on defense.

So, what things seem to you aren't what reality is. The reality is that Branch wasn't getting open the way you claim. It's why he was cut.

We don't know the story behind Gaffney. We do know, or should know, that the actions of the Dolphins are meaningless.

If other teams who need receiving help bring him and and they pass on him, then it's a good bet that there is a lingering issue. But you can keep making excuses all you want, Deus. Makes no difference to me. I'll go by what the Pats do and don't do.

Well, just for one obvious example, I'd be willing to bet that Winslow, even on gimpy knees, could have blocked at least as well as ol' #47 did. Of course, that's because #47 blocked worse than your average 92 year old woman could.

Clearly what you think and what is reality are different. Otherwise the Pats would have brought in Winslow and let Hoomanawanuii go. I'm not defending Hoomanawanuii, I'm just pointing out that what you are saying makes no sense in comparison to the modus operandi of the Patriots.

Cannon played extremely well yesterday. Donald Thomas sucked.. Thomas doesn't understand that when the guy he's blocking shifts to Cannon, he should back off to pick up anyone who might be stunting.. He didn't and that's the guy who laid Brady out yesterday. Cannon isn't at fault for that.

I haven't re-watched the game yet--not in a hurry to--but after the first watch I'll agree that Cannon didn't jump out at me as having a bad game. The weak link was clearly Thomas, who was just terrible.

I'm not defending Hoomanawanuii, I'm just pointing out that what you are saying makes no sense in comparison to the modus operandi of the Patriots.

I'd be shocked if Hoomanawanuii is on the roster for more than a week or two. He might be cut this week. The instant Fells is healthy, he should be gone. His blocking, his main purpose for being here, has been terrible.

Clearly what you think and what is reality are different. Otherwise the Pats would have brought in Winslow and let Hoomanawanuii go. I'm not defending Hoomanawanuii, I'm just pointing out that what you are saying makes no sense in comparison to the modus operandi of the Patriots.

Appeal to authority = pointless. Are you claiming that the Patriots have proven to be infallible in all personnel decisions? Because, if not, then Deus' point is one that, at the very least, is worth discussing on its own merits, rather than hand-waving it way with "the Patriots are always right, so you're wrong".

If it aint a black guy with a ****iedoo who can block like a mad man i dont see why bringing any of these guys back will help. Needs more Waters

No, they haven't. Last I looked, the "TOP" of the roster includes guys like Wilfork, Hernandez, Gronkowski, Brady, Ridley, Hightower, Jones, Wilson, etc, etc. The only one who they might have made a decision on is Welker. That hardly constitutes them having an "ALL IN" year.

Branch had 4 receptions in pre-season. 3 against the Eagles and 1 against the Buccaneers. The only pass that Branch caught from Brady was ONE against the Eagles. And it was late in the 2nd quarter and the Eagles had already had their 2s and 3s in on defense.

So, what things seem to you aren't what reality is. The reality is that Branch wasn't getting open the way you claim. It's why he was cut.

If other teams who need receiving help bring him and and they pass on him, then it's a good bet that there is a lingering issue. But you can keep making excuses all you want, Deus. Makes no difference to me. I'll go by what the Pats do and don't do.

Ok, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing, rather than actually trying to make valid points. I'll just be ignoring you today. There are plenty of people who disagree with my positions but will at least try being reasonable and will try bringing in legitimate arguments, so your input is not needed.

Have a good one!

Last edited:
I don't think either one would have made a difference.

I don't see what the "debate" is all about.

If all three are available then Belichick, if he felt he needed an additional player, has the luxury of deciding which one to sign and play during any given week, depending on who the opponent is.

All of these guys have already got their upfront money from the organization. They know it's week to week at this point.

Shadow Roster at its finest!

If it aint a black guy with a ****iedoo who can block like a mad man i dont see why bringing any of these guys back will help. Needs more Waters

Seriously.......Go Away:bricks:

Seriously.......Go Away:bricks:

Not.... Thanks for typing in bold for me mr la costra nostra wanna be. Im only gone on home games cause im at the game your welcome to visit our tg its usually one of the biggest and have the best foods, but no tommy guns ha! :D

Don't need receivers. Need offensive linemen who know how to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back