PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Branch fines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PatsWickedPissah said:
I think the message to present and future players should be that the Pats are a firm but fair org and are firm in negotions but not spiteful. Drop the fines and wish HeWhoIsNowDeadToMe farewell. That's the Patriots way.

EDIT: What MDHPRIME said in previous post #39. I've been there too.

You obviously have no clue what the patriots way is lol.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...hawks_and_file_tampering_charge_against_jets/

"In addition to the tampering charges against the Jets, the Patriots intend to collect the full amount of fines that Branch totaled during his holdout, a figure that tops $600,000."

I think they can also go after a pro-rated portion of his signing bonus and they should!

Make it very expensive to shoot your way out of town, so even though Branch got his extra million or so with Seattle, he is going to have to pay almost a million of it back to the Patriots. Something for the next holdout to think about, Seymour signed and all was forgiven, Branch *****ed, was shipped out of town and fined heavily.

I also read in Mike Reiss's column that the Patriots will go after the fine money, as well they should.

Digger44 said:
You obviously have no clue what the patriots way is lol.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/09/12/patriots_trade_branch_to_seahawks_and_file_tampering_charge_against_jets/

"In addition to the tampering charges against the Jets, the Patriots intend to collect the full amount of fines that Branch totaled during his holdout, a figure that tops $600,000."

Perhaps so.
I believe however that the Pats plan to be collecting from Chayuz, not Branch as was described by others in this thread.
I do not think it's a good idea for present & future player relations to go after a player personally, and that's what fines at this post trade stage would represent to other players.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Perhaps so.
I believe however that the Pats plan to be collecting from Chayuz, not Branch as was described by others in this thread.
I do not think it's a good idea for present & future player relations to go after a player personally, and that's what fines at this post trade stage would represent to other players.

thats a good argument, and i am sure many agree and disagree. you just cannot call it the patriots way when it is not.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Perhaps so.

I understand what you are saying, and I see your point. But might assessing the fines, which are within the CBA, put some teeth into the team's position when it comes to player holdouts?

PatsWickedPissah said:
Perhaps so.

Chayut wasn't under contract. The Patriots have no right to fine Chayut. That's just silly. The player gets fined. Now, if Chayut wants to pay Branch's fine, that's a different story. However, with Branch's shiny new signing bonus, he can pay it and then some.

dryheat44 said:
Chayut wasn't under contract. The Patriots have no right to fine Chayut. That's just silly. The player gets fined. Now, if Chayut wants to pay Branch's fine, that's a different story. However, with Branch's shiny new signing bonus, he can pay it and then some.

You are correct but read the earlier posts citing a not-public agreements in a trade where this fine applied to the agent as a condition of the trade. And yes, this is pure speculation with all the objective evidence available so far pointing to Branch paying the fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes