PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brainstorm Thread: How can we convince Kraft to make an appeal against the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
The "Free Brady" movement is grabbing all the attention these days. But that is only half the battle. Right now, according to sources, Robert Kraft has yet to make any decision on whether to challenge the $1 million fine and the loss of two draft picks (a first-rounder in 2016 and a fourth-rounder in 2017). And he has until next Thursday (May 21) to decide whether or not to file an appeal.

In the meantime, I figured we fans ought to write letters or make phone calls to let our voices be heard, and try to sway Kraft to stand up for the team.

Can any of you could provide information on how to contact Kraft's office? And are there other things we can do? (Should we try to set up a facebook page? Maybe get a slogan or phrase trending on twitter?) Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Simple, If kraft bends over for the NFL he loses his fan base. He knows it

The "Free Brady" movement is grabbing all the attention these days. But that is only half the battle. Right now, according to sources, Robert Kraft has yet to make any decision on whether to challenge the $1 million fine and the loss of two draft picks (a first-rounder in 2016 and a fourth-rounder in 2017). And he has until next Thursday (May 21) to decide whether or not to file an appeal.

In the meantime, I figured we fans ought to write letters or make phone calls to let our voices be heard, and try to sway Kraft to stand up for the team.

Can any of you could provide information on how to contact Kraft's office? And are there other things we can do? (Should we try to set up a facebook page? Maybe get a slogan or phrase trending on twitter?) Any thoughts?

All of the above along with a large gathering of people at 1 patriot place.

Anyone else who has canceled their Sunday ticket subscription should probably write to them stating as much. Maybe a Facebook page for that as well?

I know I was thinking of jumping on the wait list just to grab tickets through the exchange this year and into the future, but if he let's this **** stand, hell no. if my old man wants to invite me with him, I'll go, but I won't be buying my obligatory 3 or 4 $10 dollar beers. if I grab my 10 MO old another jersey for the coming season, it will be a fake.

if you want to contact Kraft call the baltimore ravens, remember, they have the patriots´number.

Any ideas for a slogan?

Sure and while we're at it perhaps we can tell Mr. Kraft how to better invest his money :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

We could always do like the Jets fans did and put up Billboards and fly banners over Foxborough... Oh wait this isn't Woody Johnson we're trying to convince.

Bob Kraft is an extremely successful businessman. One of the reasons he, and others like him, get there is because of knowing what is sound business. IMHO this means every day of this fight by Kraft is tenuous. I'd like to think the Patriots have become more than just a business to him which means he may fight this thing for an indefinite period of time. But it is also possible at any moment, especially after he calms down from the rage he felt, he will start seeing the big picture, see this is a fight he likely cannot win due to the nature of the contracts with the NFL and acquiesces. Remember, Kraft is losing a major spot on the pyramid, a spot he worked long and hard to achieve. And while a lot of us may rightfully feel pissed about it if he gives up, I'm guessing most of us might do the same thing if we were in his shoes.

Regardless of the possibility of giving up, I am enjoying seeing arguably the best owner in the NFL say 'F YOU!' to his own business interest because of the unfairness to his team and to his QB, and it mean more to him than what his CPA and lawyer tell him.

What I am hoping is there is some coordination going on behind the scenes between Kraft and Brady. I think the team's lone tangible shot of getting this fixed is if Brady can win in court, a win that includes an official third party saying "the evidence does not support a finding of guilt even at the level of preponderance of the evidence". If a neutral third party says that, it will put the league in the position of continuing to punish the Patriots based upon official indepedent proclaimed innocence. This at least puts the NFL in an awkward enough position to have to reconsider the original punishment. But even then I just don't see the NFL dismissing the Wells report and rescinding the punishment. Goodell is joined to the hip with the report. He commissioned the report/chose the investigator, and publicly stated he accepts the conclusions. For him to now dismiss it means he admits being incompetent and arbitrary (else why didn't he know the report was wrong when he first read and proclaimed support for it?).

What I don't get is that Goodell and Brady seem like really good friends. You all saw the pics of them hugging and stuff at the Kentucky derby the past 2 years. Why would Goodell want to screw someone he seems genuinely fond of? As well as an NFL owner that has stuck with him through thick and thin.

All over just a little bit of air that more likely than not was let out by God.

What I don't get is that Goodell and Brady seem like really good friends. You all saw the pics of them hugging and stuff at the Kentucky derby the past 2 years. Why would Goodell want to screw someone he seems genuinely fond of? As well as an NFL owner that has stuck with him through thick and thin.

All over just a little bit of air that more likely than not was let out by God.

I think Goodell has been given too much power ... and he craves even more.
I think it's more a case of power for him than it is personal and/or vendetta.

I think Goodell has been given too much power ... and he craves even more.
I think it's more a case of power for him than it is personal and/or vendetta.

Perhaps I need to be rich to understand his motivations (in which case I'll never understand). But where I grew up its just wrong to backstab your good friend or a person that helped you get where you are today... just for 'power'. Cue the Caesar jokes now I suppose.

Perhaps I need to be rich to understand his motivations (in which case I'll never understand). But where I grew up its just wrong to backstab your good friend or a person that helped you get where you are today... just for 'power'. Cue the Caesar jokes now I suppose.
Well if nothing else perhaps we'll see which is more important to him ...
The QB that had a huge part in shaping the Patriot legacy or the money to be earned going forward.
I'd like to think he has little else to prove in the money making area of his life ........... so .....

Well if nothing else perhaps we'll see which is more important to him ...
The QB that had a huge part in shaping the Patriot legacy or the money to be earned going forward.
I'd like to think he has little else to prove in the money making area of his life ........... so .....

Its like spygate all over again. Blowing up something very trivial into huge deal. At least back then he had somewhat of an excuse (being new, wanting to show he's tough, etc etc), but this - ruining the legacy of "his friend" due to underinflated footballs which was more than likely due to cold weather... SMH. Unless he has no heart it really just doesn't make sense.

Is he really getting that much pressure from the other owners that he feels justified in ruining the legacy of one of Football's greatest player?

Its like spygate all over again. Blowing up something very trivial into huge deal. At least back then he had somewhat of an excuse (being new, wanting to show he's tough, etc etc), but this - ruining the legacy of "his friend" due to underinflated footballs which were probably due to cold weather... SMH. Unless he has no heart it really just doesn't make sense.
He's surrounded by NY A-Holes in that office ... he's also become Roger Felger .......

He's surrounded by NY A-Holes in that office ... he's also become Roger Felger .......

I hear you. I'm ashamed to say I actually didn't mind Felger prior to deflategate and thought of him as pretty fair and reasonable. Actually I was ok with Felger until the KC game last year. But then after the game he started bashing BB and TB and never stopped and is still bashing them and never admitted he was wrong even once they won the SB.

But he really lost me as a listener when after the Colts game and the whole deflate stuff came out, he seemed to have become totally anti-TB and anti-BB. Since that game it seems he's been really against them.

I think Kraft will act. I believe he's holding action over Goodell's head. Kraft will play his hand once Goodell missteps. Once Goodell upholds the appeal or is only willing to reduce it to 2 games, Kraft will fire away. We've got a long time to get the draft picks back. It's just a chess match, IMO.

Sure and while we're at it perhaps we can tell Mr. Kraft how to better invest his money :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Listen man, if you have any ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

I think Kraft will act. I believe he's holding action over Goodell's head. Kraft will play his hand once Goodell missteps. Once Goodell upholds the appeal or is only willing to reduce it to 2 games, Kraft will fire away. We've got a long time to get the draft picks back. It's just a chess match, IMO.

All good points. Like I mentioned earlier, Kraft has until Thursday to file an official appeal against the penalties....and there are indeed rumors that he may decide to file a law suit. At the same time, there are also important people (i.e. other owners) who are trying to talk him out of it. I'm worried, because Kraft has always been an NFL-darling, and I wonder if he's bold enough to sacrifice his standing with the NFL to do what's best for his team. The Owners Meeting commences on Monday, and I'm sure he'll have lots of private discussions with his colleagues - but the in the meantime, I would love for him to take notice of the fans, know where we stand, and know that we are paying close attention to his every move. #DontBendDontBreak #DefendtheWall

At the same time, there are also important people (i.e. other owners) who are trying to talk him out of it.

Well if the other owners want Kraft not to sue so badly someone give us their first rounder and another team can give us their 4th, everyone can shuffle around their picks to work us back into the 1st round. I'll settle for that. Anything short, I like the lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back