PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's take

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady did not hold his regularly scheduled press conference with the New England media today. He did speak with San Diego reporters.

Here are a few of his comments:

Do you think any of the issues involving the illegal video taping are going to have any impact on Sunday?
“I think we always look past these things. I don’t think this is a concern of anybody. It’s certainly not a concern of mine. I don’t think anybody cares too much about what people say or do. It’s probably more flattering to us than anything. People, maybe sometimes when they think we’ve got everything figured out, maybe it speaks to our preparation. I’m actually flattered by it.”

When you hear people say that the allegations damage what you’ve done over the last few years, how do you respond to that?
“I don’t have a response. If I had a response to everything that people said about me or us, then I’d be busy all freaking day responding to things. I think part of the great thing here is we control what we can control. That’s our attitude and our work ethic and our preparation. That’s why I’m so proud to be part of the New England Patriots. Maybe that’s why we have won over the years because all we do is concern ourselves with what we do. We don’t waste any time responding to what people think or say. At the end of the day it makes no difference in how we go out and perform. I know this team is excited to play San Diego. That’s where our focus is. That’s what I’m excited for."
he sure is a good talker

Last edited:
This game against the chargers sure will be fiery. Between the playoffs last year and the Pats getting the no-respect card....emotions will be flying

I love it.

In sports, hatred is the sincerest form of flattery.

I really can't wait until Sunday Night, we need football badly.

I just want to stand up and salute after reading that!

Can you enlist in the Patriots?

That dude is just telling the league ... We've taken your best shots, keep them coming. It's only making us stronger.

I swear everone else in the nation thinks that this was pretty much the only way we ever won games and now that we are caught we should be worried whether we will ever win again. Tom doesn't even address this point of veiw in his answer because he knows how stupid that view really is. I wonder how many player even knew this taping was going on.

"I don’t have a response. If I had a response to everything that people said about me or us, then I’d be busy all freaking day responding to things."

That one made me laugh...go Brady go!

I just want to stand up and salute after reading that!

Can you enlist in the Patriots?

Exactly! I wish I could find a way to replace Papi with Tommy in this pic....although Papi's the man too!:)

papiworshippn5.gif

Not sure, but it sounds (particularly with that second answer) like tommy's got a chip on his shoulder. Kinda like the one he had a few years ago.

UH OH, that can't be good for the rest of the NFL :rocker:

Mr. Cool...

Ouch - that's gotta hurt.

I couldn't resist. He might have a shot. After all, Sentor Chivas killed a woman and is still livin' it up in DC.

Always saying the right things. :rocker:

having a kid out of wedlock will hurt his chances in 2028!
It's getting to the point it barlly matters now about these types of the things by 2028 it will not matter mabe only if he was a good father.
I must say that to have Mr. Brady as our QB, how lucky are we as fans.

So far these comments are the only ones in recent days that made me laugh, smile and feel good about our team.

I feel bad that Tom as today I heard quite a few of the media now starting to question his own great story, success, and legend. One lame arse on NFL network possed the question today if Tom Brady should be considered a HOFer due to the cheating that he is now associated with. He went on to say, that he will most like get there, but his legacy is also tainted along with BB. Amazing!

This guy has worked his butt off to go from literally a 4th string, nothing 6th rounder to Superstar, Superbowl QB. No one gave him an inch - he worked for every bit of his success. There were no handed down birth rights or Heismans in his past. He was a no one that now has to be associated with this crap? It makes me sick to hear ESPN panel morons now questioning if Brady really can read defenses and ummm, maybe now we know why a 6th rounder can win Super Bowls.

Honestly, if I'm Tom Brady, I am sick to my stomach over what my head coach did to my legacy. A legacy I worked my arse off for. A legacy that brought you from a 5-11 coach to almost getting fired again until I walked into your life.

Who knows, we may end up losing more than just draft picks here. We may lose Brady over it. His heart, desire and leadership just maybe tested to the point he wants no part of the Pats and BB.

Last edited:
So far these comments are the only ones in recent days that made me laugh, smile and feel good about our team.

I feel bad that Tom as today I heard quite a few of the media now starting to question his own great story, success, and legend. One lame arse on NFL network possed the question today if Tom Brady should be considered a HOFer due to the cheating that he is now associated with. He went on to say, that he will most like get there, but his legacy is also tainted along with BB. Amazing!

This guy has worked his butt off to go from literally a 4th string, nothing 6th rounder to Superstar, Superbowl QB. No one gave him an inch - he worked for every bit of his success. There were no handed down birth rights or Heismans in his past. He was a no one that now has to be associated with this crap? It makes me sick to hear ESPN panel morons now questioning if Brady really can read defenses and ummm, maybe now we know why a 6th rounder can win Super Bowls.

Honestly, if I'm Tom Brady, I am sick to my stomach over what my head coach did to my legacy. A legacy I worked my arse off for. A legacy that brought you from a 5-11 coach to almost getting fired again until I walked into your life.

Who knows, we may end up losing more than just draft picks here. We may lose Brady over it. His heart, desire and leadership just maybe tested to the point he wants no part of the Pats and BB.

Yea we're gonna lose Brady over this. I guess it's gonna go back to the "players hate their coach" thing. Pile it on !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes