PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

brady's take

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect a Huge week from Brady against the Jets!

Ceresco said:
Expect a Huge week from Brady against the Jets!
Yup. And he is wise beyond his years - he learns from his mistakes, admits them, and moves on.

Interesting, because it suggests the whole thing was a distraction last week and that now they're all ready to move on.

A very sensible interview. But would you expect any different.

This guy is our leader, and we're lucky to have him.

PromisedLand said:
Yup. And he is wise beyond his years - he learns from his mistakes, admits them, and moves on.

Bingo, and this was very telling:

For example, last week, I spent a lot of energy thinking about it. You look at the end of the week, it really wasted a lot of my time and a lot of my energy. It was a big mental drain and I think it affected the way I played. I just didn’t feel like I brought as much to the table as I normally could. That’s why I’m excited about this week – hey, I learned a good lesson, I’m going to go out there and try to do the best I can do.”

Mabey this is why BB pulled the trigger as soon as he did--knowing it was only going to get worse!

Last edited:
I'm surprised that it affected Brady so much, to the point that his play was affected. I guess he is quite human after all. This changes my opinion on why BB pulled the trigger now, maybe he did realize that this really would be a distraction to the team if it lingered.

Here's to all posters out there: Tom Brady has moved on, let us all move on too and look forward to a great season.

As a Packer fan, I can tell you he will be a leader when he says his WR corps is the fastest and most talented he's ever had.

Johnny Z said:
As a Packer fan, I can tell you he will be a leader when he says his WR corps is the fastest and most talented he's ever had.

And what should he do right after he says that? Go out and throw 5 int's?

Does this statement make him a leader?

Tom Brady said:
“The more guys we can have out there healthy, the better it’s going to be. So the more guys that are out there who are able to contribute, especially those two guys – who can really do some things for this offense – yeah. When I look at last week’s game, we didn’t perform as well in the passing game as we would have liked, and there were a lot of factors that went into it. Certainly, it starts with me. I have to play better. I have to make better reads and better decisions and throw the ball more accurately. I think it will show up a lot better if I do those things better than I did last week.â€

imagine branch had sat out for 10 weeks...no telling how much it wouldve effected brady..clearly BB wanted it resolved one way or another.

mgcolby said:
Does this statement make him a leader?
No way. He should have said :

"I want to be careful what I say here . . . let's just say we had some problems with our Wide Receivers".

Then he'd be a leader :D

This has been a particular drain on Brady all along.

I believe he did double duty up to and even into camp believing he was keeping his #1 on point for his return. And I believe he got dragged into the drama a little - someone was telling the FO that this kid wanted to come home and his agent was just not facilitating it. There were reports yesterday that the so-called contact between BB and Branch may have even been instigated by Branch who was apparently sending everybody mixed messages. I think by last week Branch was really on the verge of cracking, and the FO took their best shot at facilitating a break between Deion and Chayut. The JETS bailed Chayut out on that one - he just needed to show his player there was any interest even it was BS in order to maintain control over him. And then the union sent in reinforcements to do their greater good grievance number on Deion. Kid didn't get that much attention when he won his MVP (which Brady deserved). And the JETS got Seattle thinking which represented the only team that was really willing to overpay for him. But one is all it takes.

At that point Deion was unsalvageable and given what dealing with him was taking out of Brady emotionally alone it was definitely worth more to cut ties for a #1 than drag this out for potentially several weeks of production at the end of the season. By then Branch probably would not have been capable of much production given the stress this was obviously exerting on him just through week 1.

I think Brady wants to believe the best of everyone. But he is really coming to understand that at the end of the day it is him and Belioli and the Krafts who are in it for the long haul. Some may join them, some may leave, but they represent the core franchise. And they are the ones who refuse to waver. Bend but don't break. You are either all in or you're out. None of this I want to be one of you just I want top dollar too. Not the way it works. I think in future he will spend time insuring the guys he invests his effort in developing that rapore with on the offensive side of the ball understand that is part of the quid pro quo.

I'm so in man-love with Tom Brady.

:swoon:

MoLewisrocks said:
This has been a particular drain on Brady all along.

I believe he did double duty up to and even into camp believing he was keeping his #1 on point for his return. And I believe he got dragged into the drama a little - someone was telling the FO that this kid wanted to come home and his agent was just not facilitating it. There were reports yesterday that the so-called contact between BB and Branch may have even been instigated by Branch who was apparently sending everybody mixed messages. I think by last week Branch was really on the verge of cracking, and the FO took their best shot at facilitating a break between Deion and Chayut. The JETS bailed Chayut out on that one - he just needed to show his player there was any interest even it was BS in order to maintain control over him. And then the union sent in reinforcements to do their greater good grievance number on Deion. Kid didn't get that much attention when he won his MVP (which Brady deserved). And the JETS got Seattle thinking which represented the only team that was really willing to overpay for him. But one is all it takes.

At that point Deion was unsalvageable and given what dealing with him was taking out of Brady emotionally alone it was definitely worth more to cut ties for a #1 than drag this out for potentially several weeks of production at the end of the season. By then Branch probably would not have been capable of much production given the stress this was obviously exerting on him just through week 1.

I think Brady wants to believe the best of everyone. But he is really coming to understand that at the end of the day it is him and Belioli and the Krafts who are in it for the long haul. Some may join them, some may leave, but they represent the core franchise. And they are the ones who refuse to waver. Bend but don't break. You are either all in or you're out. None of this I want to be one of you just I want top dollar too. Not the way it works. I think in future he will spend time insuring the guys he invests his effort in developing that rapore with on the offensive side of the ball understand that is part of the quid pro quo.

What a great post.

Mo, your posts are all like this.....thoughtful and full of insight. You, sir, rule.

Personally I took away 3 things that are extreemly enlightening.

1. He talked how the situation being on going was effecting his play. He was spending time thinking about it and worrying over it. I think that shows his connection with the other guys in the locker room. Which is what you want in a leader. It will help them as they move forward.

2. The comment of "you develop relationships with players. Coaches don't have relationships with players and management doesn’t know what guys are like." it definitly shows that he see the difference between players, coaches and management. BB is not thier to be their freind, father, or priest he is the thier to make them better football players and a better football team.

3. The trade is a good thing just to have it over.

It seems from what Brady has said today that he was heavily involved in negotiations last week, maybe (theory) to the point of trying to convince deion to leave his agent, or at least not to rely so heavily on his agent's advice. I think this goes to show, as has been posted in this thread, that we actually do finally have a "franchise" in every sense of the word. Brady's contributions to our team's success go far beyond the field. Branch will never be more than a good #2 wide reciever, and I compare his current situation to him hitting the lottery. Enjoy it while you can, branch, the honeymoon will soon be over.

ChockBlkr said:
It seems from what Brady has said today that he was heavily involved in negotiations last week (snip)

Where did you garner this from? I didn't get this out of anything I read, honestly.

"It was a big mental drain and I think it affected the way I played. I just didn’t feel like I brought as much to the table as I normally could. That’s why I’m excited about this week – hey, I learned a good lesson, I’m going to go out there and try to do the best I can do." -Tom Brady

Some folks have been second guessing the Pats and saying they caved and this will come back to bite them with future players. But I give BB credit for realizing what the situation was doing for the team and pulling the trigger on Branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back