PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's Post Game Press Conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm babysitting and can't check the TiVo but Brady was seriously POed post game. He'd had it with the refs and didn't want to tolerate the typical Boston mentality press queries implying the Pats were lucky or caught a break from the refs on the final series. He's losing the tolerance for fools he once had, sorta morphing into Belichick before our very eyes! :)

When you play a physical, demanding hit laden game where many pass attempts fail because someone is hit past 5 yards and nobody calls it and you listed to your wideouts ***** about it back in the huddle, you aren't in the right frame of mind for even legit queries like "Did Jabbar have control on the TD?"

Moss was similarly tweaked in his conf.

I'm babysitting and can't check the TiVo but Brady was seriously POed post game. He'd had it with the refs and didn't want to tolerate the typical Boston mentality press queries implying the Pats were lucky or caught a break from the refs on the final series. He's losing the tolerance for fools he once had, sorta morphing into Belichick before our very eyes! :)
When you play a physical, demanding hit laden game where many pass attempts fail because someone is hit past 5 yards and nobody calls it and you listed to your wideouts ***** about it back in the huddle, you aren't in the right frame of mind for even legit queries like "Did Jabbar have control on the TD?"

Moss was similarly tweaked in his conf.

ESPN news showed the Belichick conf. right before the Brady one and they were almost identical. It's almost scary how much Brady sounds like BB. I can't think of the exact quote, but they used the same exact words. I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that.

ESPN news showed the Belichick conf. right before the Brady one and they were almost identical. It's almost scary how much Brady sounds like BB. I can't think of the exact quote, but they used the same exact words. I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that.

I didn't see any anger from Brady. He seemed satisfied with the win, but annoyed they didn't play better. Is this the new 'body language' - now we are going to read into his pressers for signs of morphing into BB or the devil for that matter? ;)

I think brady got a little irritated because they were asking him antagonistic questions. when someone basically asks you if you think your team "got all the calls" at the end of the game, most people won't take that with a big smile on their face. you could tell he was much friendlier in responding to certain questions than others.

I think Brady was agitated by the question about getting the calls in the 4th quarter. He said something about looking at the first 3 quarters where they didn't get calls they should have (holding, PI, etc). Not exactly in those words...but that is what he impled. He said something like ... he would get fined if he were to go into more detail.

I'm glad someone else thought Brady sounded pissed, I did too and I thought maybe I was just imagining it. I know he was annoyed at the officiating question, but even before that he just seemed to be in a bad mood. Plus he looked exhausted, at least to me.

I hope all this undefeated stuff isn't too much of a strain...They are getting every team's best and most physical effort every week.

It's been three straight primetime games and maybe everyone's just a little tired and cranky. Who knows.

He indicated last week that these night games were tough. They now have a short week after a physical game and lose a day in recovery/ preparation. The schedule is taking a toll, not being undefeated. The players aren't even thinking about "undefeated."

Last edited:
He was definitely not in a good mood to talk with the media. He may have been happy that they won but he had surely had it with the press. Right after the two questions he walked right off. "That was 2 questions, bye". Kind of funny but I would hate to be forced to talk to a bunch of idiots right after a tough game as well.

The schedule is taking a toll, not being undefeated. The players aren't even thinking about "undefeated."

How do we know that? They are an incredibly focused group of players, but they'd have to be robots not to even think of going undefeated. They're human.

I agree though that the schedule and the hype of the primetime games is probably taking its toll a little.

i thought Brady was in a decent mood until they asked him about the calls going their way in the 4th. He did get pissed and said, I hope so since they went the other way in the first three, or something like that.

I agree they are exhausted. Hopefully they can rest up over the next couple of days and try to gain some momentum for a big push. I am feeling the stress of being undefeated - I can't imagine how they feel! During the broadcast I thought it would be great if we could just forfeit a game. It's not a loss that will hurt so much, but the glee everyone except Pats fans will have when (if) it happens.

Whether he was pissed or not one thing is for sure...he showed how much he cares, how passionate he is and how much he is a Patriot through and through. Is their a QB anywhere else with as much drive and competitiveness as Tom

Brady's demeanor changes based on who is asking the question. He lit into that guy but right after someone asked him a question and he was very polite.

You can tell he likes some writers over others and when one of the dumb ones asks him something he Belichicks them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes