PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's poor game against the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
First two comments highlighted above: Agree on your point that TB has been doing it (passing to Moss) in the past with success and just because he doesn't connect now does not mean 'poor decision making'.

When I responded, I didn't focus on the 'poor decision making' phrase; I was looking at it in this maner: when catching the ball and scoring is not easy on a wind/rain affected day, wouldn't it be better to finish easy passes to receivers who are free? And, I think Reiss also mentions this in his mail blog that there were more than a couple of times when the other guys were free.

On the blatant copying of ESPN's words: hey come on, don't reveal on public forum the source for some of us who don't know anything much about anything ok?? :D

On your point on the TE: isn't that exactly what the OP mentions?

"end of the world": come on, when did the OP mention or even suggest such things?? This is exactly my point in my first response in this thread: why make it sound that the guy was blasting TB and claiming doom??

Last point: touche'

I just wish we have a nice W tomorrow without any injuries. And hope the friggin rain stays out until the first half so that TB and Moss get some records out of the way.

GO PATS!!

good points, enjoy the game tomorrow. let's just enjoy the pats continue to prime themselves for the playoffs.

No one here that I have read, and certainly not Ochmed in the first post, doubts Brady's talent. the original point was, did Brady force the ball too much to Moss?
Geez, if you can't ask that type of question on this board, what is the point of coming in here?
Someone made the point we outscored the Jets by a 2-1 margin, so there couldn't possibly be a problem with the offense. True, but 14 points came from the interception and the blocked punt. And I am not being critical of Brady when I say that. Others in here have made the point that it is a team game, and you need the whole team to help out, its not a criticism of Brady to recognize that fact.
I think Brady did force it a bit too much to Moss, I think Brady knows that now and I think we will see less of that thiw weekend against Miami. Brady is nothing if not smart.

Eggs-actly, Batman.

I'll be very interested to see if the offense can switch to Patriots Playoff mode beginning tomorrow.

Gotta love how folks can want Brady not to focus on Moss while simultaneously wanting them to set records tomorrow...LOL

I think these are the same folks who want him to throw the underneath stuff or want them to pound the ball, until of course they do and it doesn't work.

Be honest. You want them to run up the score, and anything less is now a problem and a disappointment for some of you.

And PF just wants a better QB - first it was Bulger, now apparently it's Manning. Don't know what kept Manning from piling up rings all these years since PF thinks so much more highly of him...it's not like he didn't have his own all pro offense from the get go. And I'm pretty sure the way he's wired he wouldn't have won any rings with the 2001-2004 Patriots teams because those offenses healthy weren't even on par with the 2007 shorthanded Colts.

Brady's throws to Moss earlier in the season were more successful in part because the weather was more conducive to accuracy on deep throws. He didn't have that luxury against the Jets and should have spread the ball around when other options were available.

Then again, nobody was complaining when Brady locked on to Moss late in the Pats/Colts game in order to lift NE from the jaws of defeat.

When it all comes down to crunch/clutch time, Brady will throw it to whoever is in the best position to make the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back